The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• 2 weeks later...

^

Splash! :lol:

I've always made sure to get a Magikarp during the beginning of the game to ensure I'll have a strong party. Its useless in its first stage, but it can evolve into one of the most badass Pokemon ever, Gyarados.

Love pokemon, didn't like Yu-gi-oh but did have a great game of Yu-Gi-Oh for the playstation haha me and my brother were obsessed with it but lost the disc one day :(

As far as I'm concerned there are only 151 pokemon, I do have pokemon gold and I do play it, played it recently as my son found my gameboy but ran off with my pokemon blue :P I'm gutted that you can't get hold of the original pokemon on DVD though

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yaaaaaaa I luv Pokemon it was ma fav. Cartoon but I don't like Yu Gi Oh!

Ιf yet another person calls Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh or Naruto cartoon i swear i'm gonna punch babies. It's anime.

On topic now:

You can never be too old for Pokemon. Watched all the episodes and movies. I've also played all the games. I can't believe that at one point i had caught all the unknowns :mellow:

The old Blue/Red/Yellow games should be on PS3 with HQ graphics. I demand that.

Ιf yet another person calls Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh or Naruto cartoon i swear i'm gonna punch babies. It's anime.

On topic now:

[img=http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/padme7979/tumblr_lk8wjdUSwg1qdcjp2.gif]

You can never be too old for Pokemon. Watched all the episodes and movies. I've also played all the games. I can't believe that at one point i had caught all the unknowns :mellow:

The old Blue/Red/Yellow games should be on PS3 with HQ graphics. I demand that.

[img=http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/padme7979/tumblr_lgwoax6qlp1qdgeq8.gif]

My Japanese friends call it cartoons, anime = Japanese Animated Cartoons.

My Japanese friends call it cartoons, anime = Japanese Animated Cartoons.

It's because in japanese, anime refers to any style of animation, in English it's different. Anime is a specific Japanese style of motion-picture animation, that resembles manga closely in art style, as many anime derive from manga or vice-versa. Cartoon is just a cartoon. There is a huge difference that people don't seem to get, mostly because they don't know much about this specific culture and they have no idea of the manga existence. There are also many other differences between the two things. That's why it seems ridiculous to me when most people call anime, cartoon.