The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Alan Rickman ~ Severus Snape

I've seen how many loyal fans he has, so why not have an individual topic for Alan Rickman?

Over the last few years I have started to like him more, although I've only seen him in one movie outside Harry Potter. He's been a fantastic Professor Snape and ohhh, that voice. :0_0: He did a really good job in the last Potter film.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time I remember seeing Alan Rickman was in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves as a kid. He scared me then, but then I saw the first Harry Potter movie and I made the connection realizing it was the same person. I then saw him in Sense and Sensibility and that's when my love for him became real.

Alan Rickman is my ultimate old man crush and I hope my future husband can deal with that someday. :)

He's been in lots of films, but the only role I saw with him in outside of Harry Potter was the first Die Hard (Bruce Willis). Any fan of Alan Rickman should see it; he is amazing!

Edited by ckravitz

Snape's dead scene was breathtaking! I cried my heart out... And Alan created a great great character in the movie, thanks to him I started to like Snape. It's really complicated but fascinating character. Alan did an amazing job!

I saw him in a few movies outside Harry Potter... Sense&Sensibility, Love actually (brillant!), Sweeney Todd, Perfume:the story of a murderer (also an amazing movie!)... I really appreciate him as one of the greatest british actors :)

I admit it-I CRIED-I liked/disliked Snape thru the series until I read DH and seeing it brought to life on screen-I cried :( Alan Rickman was EPIC-also check out besides Die Hard (BAD DUDE!!!!!) he plays a doctor in Something the Lord Made w. Mos Def-both actors are awesome in this film.

I really liked Alan Rickman's performance in HP, especially in DH. I have watched a few Alan Rickman films, however I didn't watch them specifically to see him act. The movies I remember seeing that featured him are, Sense and Sensibility, Galaxy Quest and Perfume, the story of a murderer.

I probably looked like that while watching that scenes... Really, he was amazing, it was so dramatic but I liked it. Poor Snape by the way :(

I really would like to see Alan in the play, it would be an interesting experience...

I probably looked like that while watching that scenes... Really, he was amazing, it was so dramatic but I liked it. Poor Snape by the way :(

I really would like to see Alan in the play, it would be an interesting experience...

:sob: :sob:

his performance in part 2 was brilliant

i love alan rickman, he is sexy for sure :drool:

and his voice, sooo sexy

So me! It's too heartbreaking! But I was more of the quiet crying type. >.< I got to emotional!

I think Alan Rickmans acting can go far. I mean the difference between Love Actually to Sweeney Todd! It's beyond me!

There's a Sweeney Todd barbour shop up the road from me! Yes it's actually called Sweeney Todd and they dress up like the people in the movie and the one who dresses up like Alan Rickman is really good!

So me! It's too heartbreaking! But I was more of the quiet crying type. >.< I got to emotional!

I think Alan Rickmans acting can go far. I mean the difference between Love Actually to Sweeney Todd! It's beyond me!

There's a Sweeney Todd barbour shop up the road from me! Yes it's actually called Sweeney Todd and they dress up like the people in the movie and the one who dresses up like Alan Rickman is really good!

really? that's so cool. i wanna go there haha :D

Indeed next time I go up on the bus I shall get off a stop early and take a picture! It's a great place and you do feel on edge there because they use OLD barbour tools!