The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Alan Rickman ~ Severus Snape

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Rickman is fantastic, if you ask me. I like him a lot because he always seems to be very natural on screen (I especially thought so in Love Actually, which is of course a more "daily" character than Snape, if you know what I mean :P). He does not have to attempt to act, he just speaks up and it's there. He is a brilliant Snape...he quite scared me in the first movies but yup, gotta say I love him! :)

alan rickman was just INCREDIBLE in this film. i cannot even begin to describe by how far it exceeded all the other films, and the whole pensieve memory scene just made me cry so much. gonna miss him in this role /: he's such an amazing actor.

Alan Rickman is fantastic, if you ask me. I like him a lot because he always seems to be very natural on screen (I especially thought so in Love Actually, which is of course a more "daily" character than Snape, if you know what I mean :P). He does not have to attempt to act, he just speaks up and it's there. He is a brilliant Snape...he quite scared me in the first movies but yup, gotta say I love him! :)

Haha I thought that. That's why his acting is so good. It's like all his acting comes natural! A true marvalous actor he is!

I have to say that Alan Rickman is Snape!

I saw the films before reading the books, but I have to say that Snape portrayed in film is exactly as he is in the books. That's what makes Alan Rickman such a great actor. He became the character.

I've only seen a few movies with Rickman outside of HP. One is called Snowcake and the other Dark Harbor. Wish I had seen more. He is a great actor.

I have to agree-he is one of the most sexy older actors out there! And his voice OMG.

Yeah. He plays Snape wonderfully. and he was amazing in DH part 2.

I have to say that Alan Rickman is Snape!

I saw the films before reading the books, but I have to say that Snape portrayed in film is exactly as he is in the books. That's what makes Alan Rickman such a great actor. He became the character.

This.

Alan Rickman is beyond incredible. I'm just thrilled the last movie gave him a chance to shine as Snape in a way the previous ones didn't.

I've only seen a few movies with Rickman outside of HP. One is called Snowcake and the other Dark Harbor. Wish I had seen more.

You never saw him in Die Hard? That was his breakout role.

Is he married? I once heard he's been with the same woman for a very long time but that he's not married.

No, he's not married :D I read that when he was 19 he met his present partner, Rima Horton :) they have an informal relationship. they're a couple since ages, as far as I know, they've lived together since 1977, so that's really impressive :)!

http://

http://

No, he's not married :D I read that when he was 19 he met his present partner, Rima Horton :) they have an informal relationship. they're a couple since ages, as far as I know, they've lived together since 1977, so that's really impressive :)!

yes, but who knows If they aren´t really married, just public doesn´t know that...for all we know, they are really married....but maybe that´s just my romantic thinking :lol::lol:

i've always love Snape. before i read book 7, i already knew, there must be a reason Dumbledore trusted him so much...i mean com'on. dumbledore knows everything, :rolleyes:

so, when i read book 7, i stopped...at the part of his memories about lilly... i stopped, and read and cried...and read some more, ...read it all like 6 times over, and its such a sad story !, :sob: to love someone so much, and then loose them,

i cried soooo much when snape died, it was more brutal than, 'avada kadavra'

so hears to Snape !!!!, the true hero, your awesome.

and yes, alan rickmans voice, is.....incredibly sexy* :drool:

^ He does! That's what makes him Snape.

I though Alan did a good job, don't think he deserves an Oscar though, but I totally started crying when he went into the room and saw Lily dead.

Haha it so is! I think he does his acting was awsome and that scene is the best scene in the whole movie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...