The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma as Lara Croft in Tomb Raider 2013

They've just made a new Tomb Raider Game to be released soon. They've changed the image of Lara Croft to look more like a real person. In this version she's still attending University so Emma is the perfect age. Also she just said recently that she'd like to play a character that kicks A** the way Hermione did in the last film. They haven't started production for this film yet but if Emma has the time she'd be perfect. It's not stated for production until 2013 so maybe next summer Emma'd have time to shoot it. She also said she'd like to do at least one film a year. I'd love to see her as Lara Croft, I think she'd bring depth to the chracter. Keeping fingers crossed.

They've just made a new Tomb Raider Game to be released soon. They've changed the image of Lara Croft to look more like a real person. In this version she's still attending University so Emma is the perfect age. Also she just said recently that she'd like to play a character that kicks A** the way Hermione did in the last film. They haven't started production for this film yet but if Emma has the time she'd be perfect. It's not stated for production until 2013 so maybe next summer Emma'd have time to shoot it. She also said she'd like to do at least one film a year. I'd love to see her as Lara Croft, I think she'd bring depth to the chracter. Keeping fingers crossed.

Jolie is too old to play the new Lara Croft. The new one will feature a college age Lara and it will show how Lara became who she was. Here is a clip from the game format of Tomb Raider 2011 and you'll see what I mean. :)

If this doesn't work just go to youtube and type Tomb Raider 2011 game trailer. That should do it.

That doesn't sound right. At all. It would basically goes against everything Emma has said she wants to do (smaller films, maybe supporting roles... and characters with some depth, not just eye candy).

Jolie is too old to play the new Lara Croft. The new one will feature a college age Lara and it will show how Lara became who she was. Here is a clip from the game format of Tomb Raider 2011 and you'll see what I mean. :)

If this doesn't work just go to youtube and type Tomb Raider 2011 game trailer. That should do it.

That character looks like Jennifer Garner in Alias.

My biggest objection would be that Lara Croft for all intends and purposes is/was nothing more than a sex symbol. And I'm fine with that but I wouldn't want to see Emma playing that part. Furthermore videogame movies have not a very good track record for quality.

As much as i love women in kick ass films, Lara Croft is a bad example. Lara Croft in my opinion was made as a sex symbol, nothing more and nothing else.

I personally don't think she will do it and i couldnt see her do it either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For everyone who's saying that Lara Croft is eye candy and sex symbol and dangerous and too femme fatale for Emma to play, or that Emma must always play the pretty little lady and a character with "depth"-- i disagree.

An actor mustn't always pick the roles that are suitable for themselves or that they're close to their personality. An actor is a master of disguise, they do many different parts and i believe a good actor can play every role.

Now i wouldn't like to see Emma as Lara, mostly because i have like a million different people in my head suitable for the part, but that's all. If Emma indeed was to play the part i'd still go see it and i believe she'd have a good performance.

• 3 months later...

I'm sorry, but I don't see it. I don't think that type of role is for her. Angelina Jolie is the right type because she is tall, slim and sorta muscley. Emma is slim but she isn't tall enough. I think the main lead would have to have a bit of a hard agressive nature and acting type and around Angelina's age with a ' ultra sexy' image. Emma is gorgeous and sexy, but Angelina is considered to be ultra sexy and is famous for it. I can't see men wanting to see Emma as an action hero. I don't think Emma would do a terrible job at it, but I don't think it would be something that really is right for her type of acting style.

Edited by EmmaFan92
  • 2 weeks later...

Emma has done some action sequences with Harry Potter. Somehow, I can imagine her doing stuff like that, since she's done action scenes before, you know?

But I think Emma is wanting to do some low key, non Harry Potter related stuff. So I somehow can't picture her accepting something like this.

Producers and Directors "reinvent" movies and lead roles all the time these days.....maybe Emma would be an all "new" kind of Lara.

I think she would accept an offer like that only from a very few directors she trusts and with a script that is really good. Maybe that is the tough part about it.

P.S. : Appearing like someone she is not is her job ;) (regarding the promiscuous & shoot-stuff-up part)

True, a talented actor/actress should be having multiple roles and casts in different types of character... It would be interesting to see Emma in an action-oriented film or media but I agree that the Tomb Raider series is definitely not a good choice for Emma. I can't even imagine Emma as Lara Croft LOL.

Edited by Azure_Skies91
  • 1 year later...

The studios have reaffirmed the want to make a new movie reboot based on the success of the new Tomb Raider game that's just been released. The game is an origin story of a college age Lara Croft being thrown into a survival situation, untrained and unprepared for what might happen to her.

It's much more mature and grown up than previous tomb raider games, and talk of the movie has got people speculating on actresses to cast. I think if Emma Watson is wanting a strong action heroine role that's more like Ripley from the Alien movies, and less like the adolescent male fantasies usually associated with Lara Croft, it could be a good role for her to break out of her current mould.

With that in mind I spent a little time in photoshop to see how Emma Watson might look as the new Lara. I am not an expert with photoshop by any means, but thought I'd post what I created here for your own enjoyment or critique. The image is of the original game based promo shot, and the Emma Watson photoshop side by side.

What do you think?

http://i47.tinypic.com/15h06er.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

After going to youtube and watching the entire new Tomb Raider played out by someone else of course because I'm not a gamer, I know Emma Watson, would be perfect for the new Lara Croft movie. I hope this is the reason she turned down the other movie roles that she has recently. I hope that she graduates from Brown and after she is finished filming "Bell" in the Beauty and the Beast live action by Del Toro that she begins the new young and IMO improved Lara Croft film. In the new Lara Croft game Lara is no longer some over sexualized barbie doll with a bad assed attitude. In the new Lara Croft she's a girl who is a survivor. She's human and puts her friends well being first and this is what leads her to do what she must do. Yes she still becomes a gun blazing assasin but it show's why. Her first kill is traumatizing to her even though she kills a man who is attempting to rape and kill her. I can't help but like when she blows his head off with his own gun and then she throws up and cries afterwords. I think Emma will be excellent as the new Lara, a real human girl. :)

I definitely want to see Emma play a bad ass ;) action, adventure...your take for her playing Lara Croft would be interesting to see her play...thanks for the analysis of the character...Emma did an awesome job showing Hermione as a survivor with the obstacles she faced in DH...I can honestly see her playing this bad ass/staying human showing vulnerability.