The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma to be in a Beauty and the Best adaptation?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are there so many beauty and the beast adaptations coming out now? If this is true I'm excited to see it as Beauty and the Beast is my second favourite childhood movie after The Little Mermaid.

Well, I saw a modern take on the Beauty and the Beast just last week ("Beastly") and it was terrible... Then again, should Emma ever be in such a movie, I'm sure she'd do a much better job than Vanessa friggin' Hudgens.

Well, I saw a modern take on the Beauty and the Beast just last week ("Beastly") and it was terrible... Then again, should Emma ever be in such a movie, I'm sure she'd do a much better job than Vanessa friggin' Hudgens.

Agreed!!! It was complete garbage! but with guillermo del toro it's bound to be amazing!!!!!

Amen! OK, well I didn't see "Beastly" but Vanessa is a terrible actress...

Does anybody know if this will be voice only (cartoon/live animation), or actual acting?

I don't think there's ever been a person and cartoon version (think Who Framed Roger Rabbit?), so if it was something like that, I'd actually be excited!

Why are there so many beauty and the beast adaptations coming out now? If this is true I'm excited to see it as Beauty and the Beast is my second favourite childhood movie after The Little Mermaid.

i was thinking the same thing. isnt there like 3 movies now which is an adaption of beauty and the beast?

Awesome!!! Hope it's true!!! Especially if it's a Guillermo Del Toro film!!!! Then it's bound to be different and amazing!

omg i LOVE guillermo del toro, he is brilliant <3

if true, i'm definitely all for it :D haha

It's supposed to be live action.

That's really great news!

So, so far we have these movies to look forward to:

1. My Week With Marilyn

2. The Perks Of Being A Wallflower

3. Beauty And The Beast

She hasn't really broken out of the teenage/kid movies yet, but hopefully she'll take on more adult roles soon! And this will have been 5 movies total that haven't been Harry Potter. :excited:

Agreed!!! It was complete garbage! but with guillermo del toro it's bound to be amazing!!!!!

True. And Emma has said that she'd like to work with some of the Mexican directors that are part of this upcoming amazingly talented generation (Cuaron, Inarritu, Del Toro...). I'm crossing my fingers it's gonna happen!

Amen! OK, well I didn't see "Beastly" but Vanessa is a terrible actress...

She is, isn't she? To be fair, the rest of the cast wasn't good either. The guy playing Kyle made me cringe. Neil Patrick Harris was amusing, nothing more. And Mary-Kate Olsen had a few good moments. But that's pretty much it.

*Apologies for drifting off-topic*

1. My Week With Marilyn

3. Beauty And The Beast

She hasn't really broken out of the teenage/kid movies yet, but hopefully she'll take on more adult roles soon!

Well, I guess she should enjoy this genre while she can, you can only play a teen for so many years :P She has all of her life ahead to play more mature roles and I'm sure she'll manage to do everything she feels like during her career.

1. My Week With Marilyn

3. Beauty And The Beast

She hasn't really broken out of the teenage/kid movies yet, but hopefully she'll take on more adult roles soon! And this will have been 5 movies total that haven't been Harry Potter. :excited:

Agreed!!!!!! So much to look forward to and I'm sure she will do more!!! Go Emma!!!!

Let's hope it's true, I'm just excited to see who would play the Beast. :) And how the story would be told, I love the Disney version so much I can't see how they could be even close to it... but with Guillermo del Toro I suppose it can't go wrong. :)

• 3 weeks later...