The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma to be in a Beauty and the Best adaptation?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

YES YES YES....she will be a GORGEOUS and AWESOME Belle....the fairytale movies are the "in" thing-look at Once Upon a Time-huge ratings for this show here in the US. Thanks for posting! :)

There's no way production can begin until next year. And that's a very general time frame since Del Toro is notorious for delaying projects all the time.

2015 will be the earliest release date possible. Most likely summer.

• 1 month later...

The project has been pushed back while del Toro works out his methods for realizing The Beast, but Watson says it will be "a terrifying Beast, which is why I want to make it".

-Empire Magazine

I am more terrified about the fact, that she is again doing a fairytale - movie. Why is it not possible for her to get a part in a real good movie? And: does she get no real good offers that she must deside to produce her own movie (after a book, not even released?).

In the meantime I came more and more to the conclution, that the members of the movie business having a different look on her then her fans., Otherwise the missing of at least ONE good role.offer for her is not understandable.

Edited by Jonny Carinthia

It definitely seems like she has been pigeonholed as a "fantasy" actress. Which isn't the same as a "period drama" actress, but arguably just as undesirable.

You're ignoring every movie she's ever done after HP.

Beauty will be the first fantasy movie she stars in, assuming it even goes into production next year.

Also, how can she be pidgeonholed when she's the one who approached del Toro, and would only agree to do it if he directed?

She didn't pursue this because of the genre, she's doing it to work with del Toro.

You're ignoring every movie she's ever done after HP.

Beauty will be the first fantasy movie she stars in, assuming it even goes into production next year.

Pardon?

Movies in the fantasy genre (counting Noah, B&B, and Tearling): 11

Other genres (not counting cameos): 3

Also, how can she be pidgeonholed when she's the one who approached del Toro, and would only agree to do it if he directed?

If she got into it willingly doesn't change the result much, I think. It's certainly not coincidence that she is still most widely known for her work in this genre; her way was partly pre-determined, and she probably did not foresee all that back when HP started. Edited by Sacred_Path

I have to correct the above number of non-fantasy movies to 4. Forgot Ballet Shoes (never seen that one). But I also counted Tearling as only 1 movie, so...

Edited by Sacred_Path

First of all, I was talking about the movies after HP.

I was also talking about movies she's actually shot, which doesn't include Beauty or Tearling.

Also, Noah is a biblical epic. It has about as much fantasy as Ben-Hur or Passion of the Christ.

Since HP, she's starred in 3 movies and they've each been in different genres.

Perks, Bling Ring, This Is The End, and Noah will be the movies that she'll be publicly associated with until at least 2015.

Those movies are on her resume right now. They're the ones that count, not projects that are in early development.

If she chooses to work on projects that involve fantasy, it isn't because she's limited to that. She's already proven she can work in a variety of genres.

When she signed on to Bling Ring, everybody said she just picked that role to get as far away from HP as she could.

Now that she's gonna be working on more fantasy stuff, people are going to say she's only good at fairy-tales and magic spells.

Can't she just pick stuff that she likes and not have to worry about people trying to reduce every choice she makes into some desperate ploy?

First of all, I was talking about the movies after HP.

I was also talking about movies she's actually shot, which doesn't include Beauty or Tearling.

And why would we not count the HP movies when we're trying to establish what genre she has the most affinity towards? That doesn't make sense; just like not counting the movies she has in the pipeline but haven't been produced yet. They're gonna happen, and if not it still shows Emma's predisposition in selecting these roles.

Also, Noah is a biblical epic. It has about as much fantasy as Ben-Hur or Passion of the Christ.

AFAIK it's based on a graphic novel that's clearly in the fantasy genre (fighter/mage/priest?)

Perks, Bling Ring, This Is The End, and Noah will be the movies that she'll be publicly associated with until at least 2015.

Arguably, HP will loom taller than those four. Which is probably the reason why she's stayed in this genre.

If she chooses to work on projects that involve fantasy, it isn't because she's limited to that. She's already proven she can work in a variety of genres.

I wasn't talking about her abilities to act outside of the fantasy genre; that's not the point. If she was associated with period dramas, that also wouldn't mean that she's not flexible.

When she signed on to Bling Ring, everybody said she just picked that role to get as far away from HP as she could.

Now that she's gonna be working on more fantasy stuff, people are going to say she's only good at fairy-tales and magic spells.

Can't she just pick stuff that she likes and not have to worry about people trying to reduce every choice she makes into some desperate ploy?

:yesyes:  nothing more to say. 

Emma hasnt done a single fantasy movie or time period piece since Potter ended...Perks was 90's and very true to life. Bling Ring is a crime drama about real life teens, and Noah depending on your beliefs is not fantasy either since it is the Bible story. Plus played herself in This is the End. If anything, Emma is big time spreading her acting wings...Potter ended 3 years ago filming-she can do whatever roles she wants. Kiera Knightly is an actress who does different roles but also is very known for playing period movies.

Emma hasnt done a single fantasy movie or time period piece since Potter ended...Perks was 90's and very true to life. Bling Ring is a crime drama about real life teens, and Noah depending on your beliefs is not fantasy either since it is the Bible story.

She has them all lined up now though. Also I'm wondering, again, why someone would think that people would simply forget about HP (and that her roots are therefore in the fantasy genre) just because she's also done Bling Ring. That seems highly unlikely.

She has them all lined up now though. Also I'm wondering, again, why someone would think that people would simply forget about HP (and that her roots are therefore in the fantasy genre) just because she's also done Bling Ring. That seems highly unlikely.

Which might be what she's thinking, so when the project presented itself she thought "why not." She said after HP she wanted to avoid fantasy and franchises... but that was four years ago. And she did try new things. And now maybe she found she likes fantasy and wouldn't mind doing a franchise. That's cool.