The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't mind me asking, what's IT programming? I'm assuming IT stands for "Information Technology?"

Yes, it's information technology! :)

I am majoring in Spanish and Early Childhood Education. :D

If you don't mind me asking, what's IT programming? I'm assuming IT stands for "Information Technology?"

Yes it's Information Technology.

Well, I think he meant the problem is that “information technology programming” as written is a nonsense. It should most probably be IT/programming.

Well I'm sorry if what I wrote was nonsense for you. <_>

Well I'm sorry if what I wrote was nonsense for you. <_<

Well, you have to face the truth. You simple can not “program information technologiesâ€. By their definitions, it would mean providing the study or use of systems for storing, retrieving and sending information with coded instructions for the automatic performance of a particular task. You can not provide the use of something with something, can you?

Well, you have to face the truth. You simple can not “program information technologies”. By their definitions, it would mean providing the study or use of systems for storing, retrieving and sending information with coded instructions for the automatic performance of a particular task. You can not provide the use of something with something, can you?

Ok.

Well, you have to face the truth. You simple can not “program information technologiesâ€. By their definitions, it would mean providing the study or use of systems for storing, retrieving and sending information with coded instructions for the automatic performance of a particular task. You can not provide the use of something with something, can you?

You do realize that's what everyone calls it right? IT Programing. So weather it makes sense to you or not is irrelevant.

You do realize that's what everyone calls it right? IT Programing. So weather it makes sense to you or not is irrelevant.

It's OK Arie, let it pass.

I as well as none of my colleagues do not. Nor do my acquaintances—linguists, programmers and engineers. I did not mean to argue, but to help you. This is a far more rational issue than being a “Grammar Naziâ€. You can thank me later.

Nevertheless, if it is so hurtful to correct someone on the internet, then I am sorry.

Edited by William Cavendish

I as well as none of my colleagues do not. Nor do my acquaintances—linguists, programmers and engineers. I did not mean to argue, but to help you. This is a far more rational issue than being a “Grammar Nazi”. You can thank me later.

Nevertheless, if it is so hurtful to correct someone on the internet, then I am sorry.

Thank you for correcting me. I will always remember this. :D

I as well as none of my colleagues do not. Nor do my acquaintances—linguists, programmers and engineers. I did not mean to argue, but to help you. This is a far more rational issue than being a “Grammar Naziâ€. You can thank me later.

Yikes :rolleyes:

Well, I think he meant the problem is that “information technology programming†as written is a nonsense. It should most probably be IT/programming.

I am currently working in the field of clinical psychology and biophysics.

That is definitely not what I meant. I'm not worried about the grammar. I just simply asked a question about her major, but you seem to have taken it a little too far.

There is no need to argue here. It was just a simple question that was blown just a tad bit out of proportion.

Let me just explain how important 'IT' is. If I understand it correctly, 'IT' in the civilian world is kind of like the "Communications MOS" in the military. Communications deals with every little piece of equipment that has communications capabilities (i.e. radios, computers, walkie-talkies, etc.) We cannot use computers in Iraq and Afghanistan, so we have to use what are called "PRK-119" radios. The Communications people are there to make sure your radios are working properly and that you can communicate within your squad or platoon. Imagine you are on a patrol in the middle of the Afghani desert and there are Afghani enemies about 200 meters north in the direction of your patrol. With 'IT' on your side, they will be able to warn you of the ambush (assuming you are the platoon sergeant) and your platoon will be able to set up security near the ambush, take the enemies down, and continue on with your mission. Without 'IT' or "Communications" there to warn you of the ambush (thats about to hit your squad,) most of your squad will die because they didn't know about the ambush nearby. So 'IT' can save lives if communication is proper and the correct action is taken.

In England we dont have majors unless you are doing a double honours. However I am doing a single Honours in Criminology so techincally i am majoring in Criminology.

I majored in IT programming, I'm done with college now.

Doesn't it feel GREAT that you're finally done????!

Yes, it's information technology! :)

I am majoring in Spanish and Early Childhood Education. :D

YAY CHICA! lol. :P I'd do that if I had enough patience...I dunno :mellow: . People seem to think me and Spanish are a good fit, but I don't want to do what I already know. I can't see myself doing 20 years of it -_- . lol! You'll do a better job than me anyway :P .

Well, I think he meant the problem is that “information technology programming†as written is a nonsense. It should most probably be IT/programming.

I am currently working in the field of clinical psychology and biophysics.

Does it matter, really? I think most anyone can understand that "IT" means "Information Technology". In different countries, IT carries different noted terminology anyway. So what was the point?

I can tell you're studying clinical psychology with your method of questioning.

We...got that. In short, layman's, terms, it's called "IT," which is short of a paragraph definition.

I am glad you have professional colleagues who are linguists, programmers, and engineers. However, might I remind you that fields in this day and age--such as the ones you stated--are currently changing to encourage and encompass more interdiscplinary fields under its branches? If I am not mistaken, if a person wanted to go into psychology, for instance, this person can take the opportunity to specialize in a field, or branches in a field, such as psychology and sociology or psychology and linguistics or psychology and statistics, etc.

---

As for me: I'm sincerely thinking about, first, going back to school for a trade in Culinary Arts. I'd be obtaining a Diploma (in "CA" [to be specific, Culinary Arts...which has to do with gastronomy]. I feel that it's most important, at my age, to get a trade down and have a job set up in order to put myself through an undergraduate education. It'd also serve its purpose late in life.

As for undergrad: I'd, ideally, love to do a double major in Psychology and Linguistics with a minor in either a foreign langauge or Women and Genders Studies.

mmm, but that's just me :mellow: . Let's see how the next few years turn out.