The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Porcupine Tree

Any fans?

I know it's a shot in the dark, but this band is really good, if you want to check them out. They're probably my favorite current rock band; I've seen them three times in the past five years, and each time has been great!

Steven Wilson writes intelligent rock music that is exploratory and interesting.

Woah, I thought my family was the only people on earth who knew them!!!! lol. I dont personally, but my family does. My dad has seen them like 5 times!! TBH, their music scares me haahahahhaha

Nah, their music isn't scary! LOL

I am a big prog rock fan, and Porcupine Tree, along with Muse, Radiohead, and The Mars Volta, are the big acts in prog rock right now.

Well, there is still Yes, but they're not as good as they used to be.

Anyway, I pretty much worship the ground that Steven Wilson walks on. I consider him a hero of mine. I got into PT in 2002, my senior year of high school, and have followed them since then.

I also really like Opeth, but not as much. Although I can see what's scary about that band (the vocals)...can't see what's scary about PT. They're kind of a modern Pink Floyd.

A couple of my mates dig them. I was kind of a fan for a while, I remember one song saying something about his parents and an xbox?

Im not much into rock or prog rock, more into the metal but I dabble in some prog metal.

Also, this kid is the spitting image of my mates younger brother. Its really quite scary how similar they are!

Nah, their music isn't scary! LOL

I am a big prog rock fan, and Porcupine Tree, along with Muse, Radiohead, and The Mars Volta, are the big acts in prog rock right now.

Well, there is still Yes, but they're not as good as they used to be.

Anyway, I pretty much worship the ground that Steven Wilson walks on. I consider him a hero of mine. I got into PT in 2002, my senior year of high school, and have followed them since then.

I also really like Opeth, but not as much. Although I can see what's scary about that band (the vocals)...can't see what's scary about PT. They're kind of a modern Pink Floyd.

Ah you an my dad should be best friends hahahahaha. He loves loves loves Prog Rock. I know PT is one of his favorites. But, dont think he really considers muse or radiohead prog. He also loves Opeth. Oh gd he plays this stuff around the house all the time cant stand it lol.

I was raised on prog rock. I got into it through Genesis (mom was a fan), got into the proggier aspects of The Beatles as a teen, discovered Yes and Rush and Pink Floyd all around age 14...

Now I have a huge collection of all different genres. My favorite band currently is Pink Floyd, but like I said, Porcupine Tree is like a modern Pink Floyd. Their sound is similar, all trippy and ambient like.

I'm glad there are artists around like Porcupine Tree. I like Beyonce, and Christina Aguilera, and all the modern pop artists, but it's cool that there are still artists out there making intelligent rock!

Oh, and I've seen both Porcupine Tree and Muse, and Christina Aguilera and Destiny's Child live! So I'm not picky about music, really. My friends always go 'wtf' when they see my collection, which is all over the place!

Edited by ShipOfFools
  • 3 weeks later...