The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Well, I figured it was about time for another topic in here, so I figured I'd make one. :P Let's talk about teachers and professors (for those of you in college.) How do they treat you? Is there a certain one you like real well? Why do you like him/her? Is there one you really dispise of? Why do you despise that certain teacher? Just give me your spill on teachers.

As for me, in high school there may have been one or two teachers that disliked me, but if they did, they kept it hidden very well. I didn't dispise any of my teachers. As a matter-of-fact, my math teachers were my favorite equally. Mr. McLaughlin (who taught me Algebra 2 and Calculus) and Mr. Sininger (who was my Geometry, Pre-Calc and Physics teacher) are both my favorite. I really can't decide between the two. They were just magnificent teachers. They respected everybody and they never raised their voice for anything.

So what about you? How is your relationships between you and your teachers?

I have never had a problem with teachers, highschool i had two fave ones. One of them was my english teacher, who put me in the top set after he saw potential in me and being in the set i was which was third set which meant i couldnt get over a C grade in my GCSES. And because he took a chance, placed me in his set i got a A* :) LOVE that man. And he would always chose me to speak shakespeare prose because i have always been able to speak it well. Its the way he treated me, he listened and guided me which is what a good teacher is in my opinion.

Now at university, i never thought i would have that same relationship with a teacher like i did with him ^ however my human rights lecturer, Ross is my fave. We have this awesome relationship, i think it is because he is young and is full of fresh ideas etc. Basically Ross always picks on me in lectures for opinions/theories etc and because of this i feel comfortable in chatting to him after lectures and giving my opinons on current events.

He has the same stance as i do regarding the Iraq war, so i always enjoy our conversations about that. And every year he uses a third year to speak at a conference week here at our uni. Where people from other unis who are doing phds/masters etc all come to listen to lectures given by our best lecturers. Anyway Ross had a third year picked out but she backed out last minute, so he asked me even though im a second year and i had to get a lecture all put together in less thant 48 hours. WHICH was not easy. Anyway i did the lecture and it lasted for a hour and half, and i felt good doing it :)

its when people take chances on you - it boosts the confidence.

Edited by Imagine

I've been lucky to have some awesome teachers/professors in my life!

But first...the ones I didn't like :P

I HATED my junior year chem teacher. He was one of those people that the dislike just stuck with me the entire year. HATED HIM. and the subject. Then there was my senior year pre-calc teacher. She herself was a cool person but I didn't like her as a teacher at all.

Now, I LOVED my orchestra teacher, Mr. Szykniej. I'd had him for orchestra since I was 11 years old up until I graduated high school at 17. He was quite possibly the best teacher ever. He went above and beyond for his students, cared about each of them, took the time to get to know them, and was just an all around nice person. My senior year, he wrote me a recommendation for my colleges and personally delivered the letters to my house when school was cancelled because of a snow day. And that specifically is why I think that teachers should get more pay. Some of them really go above and beyond for their students. He is AMAZING and an inspiration to me.

My chorus teacher in college (for the 2 years before I just transferred this year) was amazing as well. He was one of those professors that really cared about their students and their welfare and had no problem sitting down to talk with us before class started. He was open with us, and so we were open with him. Its amazing the level of separation students can feel from their professors because of the impersonalness (is that even a word?) of the classroom. Of course, having him for chorus, we worked with him on a deeper level of learning than just doing paperwork and essays and stuff.

My Teachers Oh Boy!!!

Well I was in Special Ed so we always had teahers that helped us alot..

My Teacher Mrs.Baker She was my History Teacher she was a good teacher but I never got in Trouble with her I Am glad she was very very understanding

My Other teacher mrs.afball Oh lord when i was a freshmen in high school i was always like hyper and crazy.. Those Who been to High school know that freshmen are like that hahaha

I never had a hard time with any of them they all loved me even though i was a pain in the ass loud mouth VERY stubborn and spoke my mind.. hahahah

WELL!

In high school I had about 3 different teachers hate me. I got on great with the rest.

One teacher kind of had an excuse to not like me. You see, she taught my brother the previous year, and If you ask anyone my high school about my brother you will get told that he was an absolute idiot (Which he was), he told her, just to annoy her, that he loved her. So I started the year with a History teacher that had the mindset "O'Connors = BAD!). I dont like her.

The other two just hated me straight off the bat with no excuse! One of them used to growl me for everything, me and the group of 5 I sat with used to talk LOADS but I was always the one she told off or made to move. I got to the point that I just said "no" to her demands. I dont like her.

But since Ive been at Uni Ive found that the tutors are WAY better, we all call them by their first name, and they all know us on a more personal level. And the best part is that theyre teaching you the same passion you have so there is more of a connection going on

I actually have a really weird relationship with my teachers, principles, secretaries, etc. For example:

• I can actually have a conversation with one. And I mean a real conversation, like friend to friend
  • They come to me asking for advice
  • I can say basically any joke to them

Now, don't think I'm a teacher's pet or anything. They see me (and this isn't me ego talking, it's them) as an adult. I'm a 15 year old male. I don't say fart jokes, I don't joke about sex, I don't act out in class, they see me as mature. It's a great relationship to have, because anything I say they believe me (for example, "my Internet was down, I couldn't do my homework").

So, yeah, I've never had a teacher hate me. They have all loved me

It's a great relationship to have, because anything I say they believe me (for example, "my Internet was down, I couldn't do my homework").

So you could use that every time and they would believe you? Or are you one of those who only use it when it actually happens?

So you could use that every time and they would believe you? Or are you one of those who only use it when it actually happens?

If I did it everyday then it would catch on. So, no, I don't do it everyday. I do it once in awhile, though. Like if I'm just not in the mood to do a worksheet that requires the online textbook, or something.

If I did it everyday then it would catch on. So, no, I don't do it everyday. I do it once in awhile, though. Like if I'm just not in the mood to do a worksheet that requires the online textbook, or something.

Well, atleast you use it wisely. I like to use stuff when I don't want to come into work every once in a while...like "my alarm didn't go off" or something.