The Emma-Watson.net Forum

It's now going rumors that there are more people behind this, and this Anders who has been arrested is just one of them. Some teenagers who has been interviewed said that they heard shooting from all over the island, not just the shooting form this Anders guy.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can use those disrespectful words in communication with your mum, it is your problem, but you should be more polite when talking to strangers.

People have died, correct, but many more die every day yet you do not seem to be permanently shocked and discussing every death. In Africa, masses die of starvation, diseases and those very unlucky ones are even murdered or tortured by their own government in numbers which make the Holocaust look preferable. Then there are animals – people murder them on a daily basis after the majority of them spent a miserable life in confined spaces with little light and unnatural development affected by added hormones. Have you seen how are young chickens usually handled? They are thrown and generally treated as if they did not feel pain. Have you seen the effects of animal testing? People breed animals to cause them a horrific death only to make new cosmetic products that you can apply. Even though the effects are clear, there is not enough manpower to stop it and that is what I consider to be shocking. So there was an explosion and a couple of people died, some other were injured – why do you care so much when you know that only while I wrote this short post, many more of other people and animals died, some of them in terrible pain.

Your telling me about being disrespectful? Your acting like this is an every day event in the western world. I know millions of other people are dying elsewhere, I know how poorly animals are treated. But the fact still remains that this place was blown up and people have died. They deserve respect, and sympathy. To not show or feel that is disrespectful. Do you say that to battery pigs? Do you tell them that chickens are worse off than the pigs?

Your telling me about being disrespectful? Your acting like this is an every day event in the western world. I know millions of other people are dying elsewhere, I know how poorly animals are treated. But the fact still remains that this place was blown up and people have died. They deserve respect, and sympathy. To not show or feel that is disrespectful. Do you say that to battery pigs? Do you tell them that chickens are worse off than the pigs?

Why exactly do they deserve it? Did you know any of them? If a whole village in central Africa is burnt down and the people are slaughtered, generally no one in our society gives a flip, yet they grieve for a couple of unknown people who died in an explosion in Norway which has made headlines. Yes, it is terrible and if the victims were related to myself, it would affect me, but under these circumstances, I do not care more than usually. If you really think all this lamenting is appropriate, you should stay at home and constantly think of those who die every second. For us, it should not be important how many have died, but why did it happen and then make appropriate countermeasures. You would find that the number one on the list would be putting mass immigration, centralisation and liberalisation to an end.

Why exactly do they deserve it? Did you know any of them? If a whole village in central Africa is burnt down and the people are slaughtered, generally no one in our society gives a flip, yet they grieve for a couple of unknown people who died in an explosion in Norway which has made headlines. Yes, it is terrible and if the victims were related to myself, it would affect me, but under these circumstances, I do not care more than usually. If you really think all this lamenting is appropriate, you should stay at home and constantly think of those who die every second. For us, it should not be important how many have died, but why did it happen and then make appropriate countermeasures. You would find that the number one on the list would be putting mass immigration, centralisation and liberalisation to an end.

You brought up people in Africa, do you know all of them? Is that why you care?

It doesnt matter that you dont know the people that died, innocent people died, they deserve respect just as much as people in Africa. I hope you dont think that I dont care about people in Africa dying. If an innocent person dies, it shouldnt matter how or why they died. The fact is they didnt deserve it and should be respected and helped.

Even if you know them or not, we need to give them respect. This is not an everyday event. This is Norway, where we all believed was a safe country. If you (William Cavendish) give a damn about this, I have lost all my respect for you. Like Obama said, we need to care about the poeple whe even do not know. Im a Norwegian citizen and this is the most horrible thing I ever experienced. Some of the people I know can be dead and hurted.

You brought up people in Africa, do you know all of them? Is that why you care?

What a miserable question.

It doesnt matter that you dont know the people that died, innocent people died, they deserve respect just as much as people in Africa. I hope you dont think that I dont care about people in Africa dying. If an innocent person dies, it shouldnt matter how or why they died. The fact is they didnt deserve it and should be respected and helped.

The hypocrisy is to create a topic for one group and not for another. How do you know they were innocent, by the way? More importantly, innocent of what?

Even if you know them or not, we need to give them respect. This is not an everyday event. This is Norway, where we all believed was a safe country.

Respect for what? They did not invent cold fusion, they died. Respect means admiration as a result of someone's abilities, qualities, or achievements.

If you (William Cavendish) give a damn about this, I have lost all my respect for you. Like Obama said, we need to care about the poeple whe even do not know.

I could not care less – you are the person with very important news, are you not? I do not consider Obama with his pathetic speeches an authority on any field. He does not seem to care about the fact that the country whose president he is ruins the global economy and inevitably sinks like a ship made of lead.

I have had enough, I shall not continue in this pointless debate.

Edited by William Cavendish

Norway is a great country and from the few Norwegians I have met I have nothing but praise. This could not have happened to a nicer country. Norway is a major ally of the UK and has our full support.

With regards to what's happening in this thread, my troll detectors are tingling.

Even if you know them or not, we need to give them respect. This is not an everyday event. This is Norway, where we all believed was a safe country. If you (William Cavendish) give a damn about this, I have lost all my respect for you. Like Obama said, we need to care about the poeple whe even do not know. Im a Norwegian citizen and this is the most horrible thing I ever experienced. Some of the people I know can be dead and hurted.

this.

the man behind this has written a diary/blog prior to the attacks.

he started writing it in may i think, and last post was on friday before it all happened.

writing everything leading up to this event.

and he has written a 1516-page manifesto on his ideologies on the day of the attacks.

to bad norway doesnt have life imprisonment...the highest is 21 years

Yes, many Africans die every day. But this is a series of attacks in a secure and safe country, that never usually has problems. It's a shock to Europe.

If you REALLY want to start having a go at innocent victims, go spout off to the media, as they're the ones who prioritise news. Africa is an ongoing problem and probably always will be, the media knows this and does a few stories now and then (eg Somalian Drought).

Euro media will cover Euro news, just as US media covers US news.

You lack tact and care for other's feelings, that is what I am getting at.

Show a little more tact and respect in regards to other's and you may just find your way out of the large hole you appear to be in.

But can't you understand it, WIlliam? Im living in Norway, but long away from Oslo. And one of my friends friends are dead, damn it!

I did not have any objections towards the grief of persons related to the victims. What I consider hypocritical is when someone totally unrelated—not even Norwegian—gives respect for totally unknown people while the only available information about them is their recent death and many more deaths happen every hour. Learn to read properly. I see no reason for being shocked. Far worse things happen every day. (Also keep in mind that I am writing only about the explosion, not the shooting – that was indeed a bit shocking even for my standards.)

You lack tact and care for other's feelings, that is what I am getting at.

Show a little more tact and respect in regards to other's and you may just find your way out of the large hole you appear to be in.

While I am rational and sincere, you live in the world of forced social masquerade – that is why I irritate you. Yes, I can restrain myself from posting, but what would be the point of discussion forums then? Nevertheless, I have stated that the debate is over for me – it was you who has re-opened it by suggesting to detonate explosives at my home.

Exactly, William you have shown more disrespect than anyone else has. Im offended and I live on the other side of the Globe.

I think that you are the person that needs to leave. All you seem to do is leave comments that cause trouble.

Get some respect

This is so terrible. I've been following the news and just now watched the service at the church in Oslo, and I just cried, this is such a terrible thing, it's so inhuman, I cannot imagine someone actually being able to do this. Unbelieveable.

I did not have any objections towards the grief of persons related to the victims. What I consider hypocritical is when someone totally unrelated—not even Norwegian—gives respect for totally unknown people while the only available information about them is their recent death and many more deaths happen every hour. Learn to read properly. I see no reason for being shocked. Far worse things happen every day. (Also keep in mind that I am writing only about the explosion, not the shooting – that was indeed a bit shocking even for my standards.)

Yet you brought up starving people and 3rd world countries. Why do you care so much about them then? What personal attachment do you have to them that you care about them and not Norwegians?

Agreed. Let us make it bilateral.

you probably already knew by posting what you said in this thread you were going to get some angry response so why even post the things you say?

also did they ever find out what that shooters intensions where?

Edited by Rena

A couple of you need to pay attention to this forum rule:

4)Language used in a disrespectful or abusive manner will not be tolerated on the forum. All language and its context are subject to interpretation by the moderating team.

I have edited out the most offensive parts of posts, I suggest that we drop all off-topic discussions immediately.

I hate the guy!!! He just commited that the killing was gruesome, but he needed to do it. If he ever goes free in Norway. Im 100% sure that I and all Norwegians wants to kill him. These days and the coming weeks will be really sad for me and my fellow Norwegians.