The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I hadn't seen this movie in years. I caught it on TV over the weekend. Forgot how good this movie is. I've always wondered about Kevin Spacey, he tends to play the types of characters where he's evil or just an ass or what-have-you. What's this guy like in real life? He can't be that great of an actor can he?

Below are spoilers to two of Spacey's movies - Se7en and The Usual Suspects. Both are very big spoilers so if you haven't seen the movies and have any intention of seeing them then you might want to avoid the spoilers right now.

He plays the killer in Se7en. And does so in such an amazing and convincing manner. It's very subdued. What you would imagine a real killer being like. This is not the over-the-top, scene chewing type of performance that Anthony Hopkins gave in Silence of the Lambs. No, this is a performance based in reality. Truly hateful and terrifying.

He plays Kaiser Soze in The Usual Suspects and again is the very methodical, maniacal sociopath.

He played a jerk of sorts in American Beauty. He was definitely a jerk in Horrible Bosses - a funny movie but Spacey did not play his role for laughs. You really didn't like his character. He played the evil Lex Luther in the failed Superman reboot several years ago.

Se7en is an excellent movie. Probably not one you want to see several times. But if you do see it, be sure to see the true version and not some chopped up broadcast TV version.

Pitt and Freeman are fine as cops on the trail of the sadistic John Doe. However, this movie is made off of Kevin Spacey's performance.

Overall, this film is a well done thriller to watch...if you have the stomach for it. :P