The Emma-Watson.net Forum

^But it should be a forum that welcomes anyone. I thought this forum was an open forum for everyone, all cultures and languages. Obviously I was wrong. D:

^Didn't know that was a rule. That's harsh.

Have you never noticed everyone speaks English here? :P

Yeah, it wouldn't work if everyone spoke in different languages, the mods wouldn't be able to do their jobs, plus I imagine it would also become a lot harder to talk to people...

^I speak french with 4 members here. I didn't know it was against the rules. I thought anyone was welcome.

Ah well I suppose this topic will be deleted then.

If we had moderators who spoke each language then it would possible, but that would have to be on a massive scale, to moderate it properly you'd need two or three moderators for each language, who would also have to all speak a common language so they could all work together. Then you'd have to have set forums for each language otherwise, each moderator wouldn't know exactly where they needed to be looking for certain things.

My boyfriends on a forum where other languages are aloud, but they are all in set forums ect. Its a massive forum.

I suppose your aloud to speak in a different language privately.

If a foreign language can't be moderated then it wouldn't be fair to allow it, you could break all the rules just because you can speak a language which the moderators couldn't.

Yeah I know it would be a little extra work for the mods. I do know that but I feel that it's unfair. D:

I have read the rules before but I don't remember that. I'm just overall in shock I guess.

Edited by Hermione

^But it should be a forum that welcomes anyone. I thought this forum was an open forum for everyone, all cultures and languages. Obviously I was wrong. D:

You can speak whatever language you want with whoever you want through the PM system. We just can't allow other languages on the boards.

9)English is the official language of the board and should only be used on the boards. Any posts made in a foreign language or code may be subject to being closed and/or deleted.

As Erik said, it would be impossible to moderate or even speak to them because there are a lot of people on here who only knows English (one of them people being myself.)

You can speak whatever language you want with whoever you want through the PM system. We just can't allow other languages on the boards.

9)English is the official language of the board and should only be used on the boards. Any posts made in a foreign language or code may be subject to being closed and/or deleted.

As Erik said, it would be impossible to moderate or even speak to them because there are a lot of people on here who only knows English (one of them people being myself.)

We already said this. :P You're a bit late. And aren't you a mod of the other side forum?

Edited by Hermione

I do think your underestimating how much more work it would be, it would be near impossible. Also allowing certain languages would be unfair, so if we got a few mods who could speak both English and French and we allowed French on the boards (again it would have to be on a separate part of the boards as well otherwise moderating would be come harder) would it be fair to the people who's first language is German ect.

^I speak french with 4 members here. I didn't know it was against the rules. I thought anyone was welcome.

Ah well I suppose this topic will be deleted then.

I know the topic is closed but I really feel the need to react on this and your earlier post which has a tone which I don't like. This forum welcomes anyone, from any culture, race or belief, we have no restrictions on where a person comes from and frankly I'm offended by your insinuation. We only ask, which isn't something that is new or we thought up for this forum, that people speak English on the forums. That's it. This is only fair to other members who don't speak your language and makes it able for us as a moderating team to keep this place a relatively peaceful place because we all understand English.

It doesn't have to be a good English, heck I make mistakes all the time but we need to be able to understand it.