The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Harry And Ginny Thread

Oh Jonny boy! God bless your wit! :)

But anyway, this is about Harry and Ginny. I really really really hope we can see her as his last thought before he dies, because when I read that it really hit me. I mean, I knew he loved her but that was like wow! I hope we can see a glimpse of that, she's always been like the light at the end of the tunnel, you know, like won't be taking part of this journey because that's for him and Ron and Hermione but she's part of the normal and happy life he always wished for.

I'm getting to poetic :P

I cannot agree with you any more than I do now. Showing that the last person Harry thinks of is Ginny, should (attempt to) convince all viewers that she's the one for him ( and not Hermione).

It's really important we have this moment, so everyone accepts (if not understands) JK Rowling's story once and for all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Harry and Ginny make a very nice couple. Its cute that Rowling kind of repeated the story of the dark haired Potter with a cute ginger head girl. I also like that they are all a big Potter-Weasley family.. LOVE it :king: Ginny really fits Harrys personality

Welcome to the forum Rose!

I agree completely with your thoughts on Harry and Ginny. She does fit his personality completely. She gives him the comfort and hope he needs, she makes him laugh, she shares his values of family and friendship and his traits of bravery and loyalty, she understands and is able to make him see reason when few can. She's there when he needs her and understands when he needs to be apart from her. She's exactly what he needs in a wife :)

Thank you Dumbledores Woman ;) I used to be a member in the old forum 2 years ago or so, it is good to be back :king:

ANYWAY, yes I think Ginny is somehow underappreciated. She is truly loyal and brave and that is exactly what Harry admires and appreciates.. Shes a Weasley!! :ohyeah: All those good personalities run in the family

I like Harry and Ginny together.Ginny is what Harry needs.The end. they may have been a bit under developed in the books so I'd have wished that they could have tried and improved their story abit in the movies but fact is that all they extra scenes are just odd and seems forced. And nothing you'd think that two teenagers in love would do. Dunno if its Dan and/or Bonnies acting. But they have 0 chemisty.

I hope for more and better in DH 2. Its about Harry's life after all.

I do agree with you about the movie interpretation, trixie. Fortunately that's one of the areas I find it easiest to seperate movie from book, simply because it has been dealt with so completely differently. I don't mind the film version, but then I think about how much it doesn't live up to the OTP in my head and yeah, that can make me angry. I was actually really surprised that they bothered to include one kiss, let alone two, in DH, and although I doubt Ginny will be in Part 2 much, the pictures of the kiss seem to be more canon H/G than anything we see so far, so I'm not too worried. As has been said, the only thing I'm worried about is whether Harry thinks of Ginny or not in the forest...

I do agree with you about the movie interpretation, trixie. Fortunately that's one of the areas I find it easiest to seperate movie from book, simply because it has been dealt with so completely differently. I don't mind the film version, but then I think about how much it doesn't live up to the OTP in my head and yeah, that can make me angry. I was actually really surprised that they bothered to include one kiss, let alone two, in DH, and although I doubt Ginny will be in Part 2 much, the pictures of the kiss seem to be more canon H/G than anything we see so far, so I'm not too worried. As has been said, the only thing I'm worried about is whether Harry thinks of Ginny or not in the forest...

Thank you, I agree with everything and this ^ I really hope so.

I love the title of this thread the Ship of Love" So cute.

• 1 month later...

Katharine, just read your fanfic and posted a comment! It's so well written! Loved every second of it and hope you post more soon! :)

Just to get back on something we discussed briefly in the other canon couple's thread. I'd like to know how everyone here feels about Harry and Ginny's relationship portrayal in the movies.

While he's had some faults in the past, I think Dan does an outstanding job as Harry. He got really big shoes to fill when he accepted such role and I believe he's always raised up to the challenge.

But I still have a problem with Bonnie's characterisation of Ginny. Maybe it's just due to her having such a small role in the movies, but every scene she's in leaves me feeling that she could do much better, or show more emotion...

Of course the fact that H/G's relationships is hardly explored in the movies is quite relevant to how I feel as well.

Bonnie and Dan shared two onscreen kisses as Harry and Ginny, and both sincerely left me disappointed.

Regardless of the scriptwriter being a deluded H/Hr shipper in the past, and clearly not putting much effort into the canon couples' scenes -especially H/G-, I feel both Dan and Bonnie could have displayed more 'passion' in their scenes together, in order to for the public who hasn't read the books to understand their characters' attraction and love for each other.

Even for crazy HP fans like me, there is still such a luke-warm feeling that I'd really think they are not really much into each other if I hadn't read the story.

Ahh it actually makes my heart leap a little when I see a new post in this thread!

Vida thank you so much! I'll read your comment after this :)

Right, this is an interesting question because tbh I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it myself. Movie-H/G is something I want to love and try to love because I adore canon H/G so much. However, I just find myself having to completely seperate the movie and book pairings because they've been handled sooo differently.

I agree that movie-H/G lacks passion, but I think that is partly the way it was written. The lack of Ginny in the films up until OotP meant WB had to develop a much more subtle relationship, IMO, so viewers weren't completely thrown off by this thing that seemed to come out of nowhere. As a result they made H/G this subtle, sweet pairing in the movies and as such the passion of the book relationship would have seemed slightly out of place in the new dynamic the filmmakers created. Having said that, I also agree that the chemistry between H/G or Bonnie/Dan could be a lot stronger. Not necessarily more passionate, due to the nature of the dynamic, but something more natural would have been nice, so you could really see where this subtle connection between them was coming from. Personally, I don't think either Bonnie or Dan have the most natural instinctive acting ability compared to some others, so that may have hindered their chemistry. I'm not saying they're not good actors, by contrast I think Dan in particular has done an incredible job over the years, but different actors work in different ways and I get the impression that Dan, and possibly Bonnie too, perform better with intense character analysis and experience than by purely following their instincts. I feel the latter is something required more to show a romantic relationship, especially one as subtle as movie H/G has become, because it relies purely on the instinctive emotions of the actors.

I'm not sure I've explained that very well,but I do agree with most of your post.I think Dan and Bonnie could have done better, and I would certainly have loved to have seen more passion between them, but I feel their ability to do this was hindered by the way the movie-relationship was written, since I don't think it played to the strengths of either actor. TBH, whilst I have issues with most of the young actors in HP, I don't think they were helped by the script or directorial/production team. This whole series has been a learning curve for the young actors and over the years others have progressed or proved themselves more talented than others, but overall I think most did a fair job with what they were given.

So I think what I'm trying to say (in a very long, repetitive way) is that I'm not exactly happy with the H/G romance, but I don't think it's due to lack of effort by the actors, more a mixture of little screentime resulting in a changed dynamic which didn't suit their abilities. Of course, it could be argued that as actors it is their job to get the best out of the script, but I do think they tried to. It's just not the most natural scene for either to play.

Gah, I've confused myself now :P

Okay, so here it is... two things from OOTP that I believe initiate the Major Change in Harry's perspective concerning his relationship with Ginny. I'd argue that we see perhaps more emotion from Harry in OOTP then we do in any other HP book, and IMO, it isn't really even close. First.... Harry's kiss with Cho. Yes, this is actually the moment that turns Harry away from Cho. He sort of buckles under and suddenly ALL the things that he was doubting about Cho come flooding to the surface and we realize just how much this was strictly a school boy crush. It was just a case of a boy falling for the popular and pretty girl. Cho's like the Hogwart's Home Coming Queen, and what young boy isn't going to be a bit enamoured and attracted to that. I think that's why I shipped Harry and Cho at first. That's all I saw, and yeah, I had a crush on the Home Coming Queen in school too so I could kind of relate to how he felt. After the kiss, Harry somewhat realizes how little he really knows Cho too. All their interactions have surrounded these moments that they idealized in their heads, and as well as the kiss may have come off in the movies, I'm inclined to believe that the book portrayl of the kiss was described as somewhat less inspiring and passionate. How was it that Harry described it to Ron? "It was wet"????!!!! :rofl: Not exactly a "glowing" endorsement you might say. I DO think that the kiss between Dan and Katie in the movie also inclined me towards the Cho/Harry relationship at first. Katie ofc is a very beautiful young woman, and their kiss was really much more the way I invisioned the first Harry/Ginny kiss. Maybe their on-screen chemistry was a bit overplayed in that moment. Something Ican understand from a directorial point of view as it WAS Harry's FIRST kiss. Who doesn't want to have that awesome first kiss? But in reality how many people HAVE that awesome FIRST kiss? Usually the first is a bit more awkward and less memorable than the one's that follow in a loving relationship.

Okay, so after dragging that out, here's the second point... the point that opens Harry's eyes to Ginny IN THE VERY LITERAL SENSE. Harry's been somewhat lost in his self-pitying fog as well as his Cho-induced fog when Ginny snaps him to. pg 499 OOTP...

"How're you feeling?" asked Hermione.

"Fine," said Harry stiffly.

"Oh, don't lie, Harry," she said impatiently. "Ron and Ginny say you've been hiding from everyone since you got back from St.Mungo's."

"They do, do they?" said Harry, glaring at Ron and Ginny. Ron looked down at his feet but Ginny seemed quite unabashed.

"Well you have!" she said. "And you won't look at any of us!" (you can bet Ginny's not lying here, because she always paid attention to Harry) ..... SKIP FORWARD A BIT

"We wanted to talk to you Harry," said Ginny,"but as you've been hiding ever since we got back -"

"I didn't want anyont to talk to me," said Harry, who was feeling more and more nettled.

"Well that was a bit stupid of you," said Ginny angrily,"seeing as you don't know anyone but me who's been possessed by You-Know-Who, and I can tell you how it feels."

Harry remained quite still as the impact of these words hit him. Then he turned on the spot to face her.

"I forgot," he said.

"Lucky you," said Ginny cooly.

"I'm sorry," Harry said, and he meant it...... AND I'LL STOP THERE, Sorry >.< I know you've all read the book.

I mean WOW, what a book moment. Here's the little girl who used to stumble and stutter whenever she was within 100 feet of Harry making a very appropriate point that shakes Harry from his self-pity. THIS IS WHY this book is so important to the series. This is it right here in a very concrete sense IMO. The point where Ginny first overtly displays what Harry comes to find so attractive and reasurring about her. This is how she balances him. Would Hermione or Ron have ever had the courage to address Harry that way? Hermione, perhaps... after much initial awkwardness and caution, but Ginny just comes out and tells Harry how it is with no reservations. I LOVE Ginny for this. Weasley is King, or Queen in this sense during this book moment!!!! :king: I need to go back and watch the movie again, to see how this was portrayed by the actors in the movie, but there is no doubt in my mind that it is THE pivitol moment in both the action of the book as far as Harry's self-pity is concerned, and THE pivitol moment in how he starts to see Ginny. She's grown up now. This isn't the shy little wall flower that he used to know.

Katharine, just read your fanfic and posted a comment! It's so well written! Loved every second of it and hope you post more soon! :)

Just to get back on something we discussed briefly in the other canon couple's thread. I'd like to know how everyone here feels about Harry and Ginny's relationship portrayal in the movies.

While he's had some faults in the past, I think Dan does an outstanding job as Harry. He got really big shoes to fill when he accepted such role and I believe he's always raised up to the challenge.

But I still have a problem with Bonnie's characterisation of Ginny. Maybe it's just due to her having such a small role in the movies, but every scene she's in leaves me feeling that she could do much better, or show more emotion...

Of course the fact that H/G's relationships is hardly explored in the movies is quite relevant to how I feel as well.

Bonnie and Dan shared two onscreen kisses as Harry and Ginny, and both sincerely left me disappointed.

Regardless of the scriptwriter being a deluded H/Hr shipper in the past, and clearly not putting much effort into the canon couples' scenes -especially H/G-, I feel both Dan and Bonnie could have displayed more 'passion' in their scenes together, in order to for the public who hasn't read the books to understand their characters' attraction and love for each other.

Even for crazy HP fans like me, there is still such a luke-warm feeling that I'd really think they are not really much into each other if I hadn't read the story.

Wow, so much to talk about in this thread. These recent posts may have snapped me (temporarily anyways :doh:) out of my Chat-induced fog and back into the heart of my shipperdom. The Harry/Ginny dynamic in the movies is my primary beef with the way I originally came to feel about their relationship. I agree that Dan does an amazing job as Harry, as sometimes his portrayl of Harry gets a bit lost on me because of how intently I focus on the Rupert/Emma dynamic. That's my fault, as when I sit back and look at it, I really appreciate the job Dan has done as Harry Potter in the movie series. SIRIUSLY! :P Could they have picked an actor who better examplified not just Harry's appearance, but his bravery, courage and angst as well? The place where Dan falters a little is in his interaction and chemistry with Bonnie. I think Katharine makes a valid point, by explaining how the movie directors did not exactly set up an ideal scenario for the Harry/Ginny romance to blossom in. You factor in too, that you have two very young actors who probably weren't extremely comfortable in portraying those romantic moments, and I think that a bit more could have been done to help these two get past any kind of anxieties they may have been having over the kiss. I think public comments, by Bonnie imparticularly have expressed how challenging that first kiss in particular was. Bonnie can appear a bit stiff sometimes, and I find that I was more inclined towards her acting in the earlier films. If she smiled a bit more, I think it would give a sense of her character being more relaxed. I just get the constant sense of intensity from Bonnie, which is something that Ginny's character displays wonderfully in certain moments, like the one I just quoted, but needs to fall away during the more tender moments she shares with Harry. This was often times a very blithe and happy character the way I saw her in the book series... I don't quite see that in Bonnie's portrayl.

Ok, God Bless you all for putting up with me here. :lol: That's all I have to say in the matter for now. Katharine, the fact that you're "heart leaps" a little at seeing posts in this thread really made me. :lol: I get a great deal of joy myself from seeing the intensity and passion that so many here have for the characters of these stories, who were so amazingly developed by JKR. My somewhat "deliberate" reading of the series the second time through, along with all your comments and insights have helped me appreciate things about Harry Potter even more (as if that were possible). :P

Edited by Peter Pumpkinhead
  • 4 weeks later...

Usually, I would take this opportunity to say 'AT FLIPPIN' LAST, HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO READ OOTP?!' :P but since my reply to your post has taken just as long, I shall (just this once) refrain from doing so :P:blush: But, as always, your post was worth the wait. I'm sorry I took so long to reply, I wanted to wait until I had enough time to consider a proper answer, although now I've had that time, I can't think of anything much to add.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your thoughts on that particular book moment. It really is THE pivotal moment in terms of how Harry thinks of Ginny, and one of the main reasons I think they work so well together.

In the extract you shared, we see Ron, Hermione and Ginny's attempts to handle Harry in 'one of his moods', shall we say. :P Ron looks away and wants to avoid confrontation, which may keep him sweet with Harry but doesn't help Harry. Hermione, on the other hand, sees the necessity of confonting Harry but lacks the temperament to do so correctly, resulting in mutual impatience and annoyance at one another. Ginny is the only one who is successful in making her point in a way that makes Harry see that she's right. He may be annoyed with her at first, but soon he can see that she is right. I agree that this moment marks Harry really beginning to take notice of Ginny properly, both because she is able to relate to him and because she is no longer afraid of confronting him to make him see sense. This is one of the main reasons I think H/Hr would not have worked and H/G do. Ginny is the only person in the series who is able to get through to Harry in a direct, reasonably calm way which in turn calms him down and makes him see sense. And that is exactly the type of person Harry needs to help him deal with his anger and all the stress he is under, both before and after the war.

I also agree with what you said about the intensity of Bonnie's portrayal of Ginny. It would be nice to see different layering to her character, but again in the little screentime she has I appreciate it is difficult to develop a full characterisation. It would be nice to see the fun side of Ginny, though. We saw some of Harry's funny side in HBP and it would have been nice to see Ginny match that. However, the comedy of both characters has been more or less omitted from the films, especially with all of Harry's beautiful satirical wit :( Instead it is Ron and Hermione who have been relied on for comic relief, probably more than they were in the books.

• 3 weeks later...

Usually, I would take this opportunity to say 'AT FLIPPIN' LAST, HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO READ OOTP?!' but since my reply to your post has taken just as long, I shall (just this once) refrain from doing so :P:blush: But, as always, your post was worth the wait. I'm sorry I took so long to reply, I wanted to wait until I had enough time to consider a proper answer, although now I've had that time, I can't think of anything much to add.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your thoughts on that particular book moment. It really is THE pivotal moment in terms of how Harry thinks of Ginny, and one of the main reasons I think they work so well together.

In the extract you shared, we see Ron, Hermione and Ginny's attempts to handle Harry in 'one of his moods', shall we say. :P Ron looks away and wants to avoid confrontation, which may keep him sweet with Harry but doesn't help Harry. Hermione, on the other hand, sees the necessity of confonting Harry but lacks the temperament to do so correctly, resulting in mutual impatience and annoyance at one another. Ginny is the only one who is successful in making her point in a way that makes Harry see that she's right. He may be annoyed with her at first, but soon he can see that she is right. I agree that this moment marks Harry really beginning to take notice of Ginny properly, both because she is able to relate to him and because she is no longer afraid of confronting him to make him see sense. This is one of the main reasons I think H/Hr would not have worked and H/G do. Ginny is the only person in the series who is able to get through to Harry in a direct, reasonably calm way which in turn calms him down and makes him see sense. And that is exactly the type of person Harry needs to help him deal with his anger and all the stress he is under, both before and after the war.

I also agree with what you said about the intensity of Bonnie's portrayal of Ginny. It would be nice to see different layering to her character, but again in the little screentime she has I appreciate it is difficult to develop a full characterisation. It would be nice to see the fun side of Ginny, though. We saw some of Harry's funny side in HBP and it would have been nice to see Ginny match that. However, the comedy of both characters has been more or less omitted from the films, especially with all of Harry's beautiful satirical wit. Instead it is Ron and Hermione who have been relied on for comic relief, probably more than they were in the books.

Hey now!!! OOTP is a long book!!! :lol::unsure: okay... maybe it wasn't 3 and half/4 months long......

So to make up for it, I've read HBP and half of DH in the last week. :P Back to my old reading ways.

Anywhoooo...

I thought you comment about the omission of Ginny's witicisms and Harry's satirical wit in the movies is VERY astute. Not only that... but it's quite sad to me, in the sense that when we read the books, we largely get Harry's perspective of things. That sense of perspective is lost a bit in the movies with the omission of that wonderfully written and skillfully attributed trait.

I officially have a favorite Harry/Ginny moment in the series now btw. :ohyeah: While one might think that it might be when Ginny firsts tells Harry to drop "his mood" (as Katharine so eloquently coined) or when they share their first kiss after Harry returns from detention with Snape to Gryffindor Tower, those while worthy candidates take a back seat to my favorite moment.

Ummm... so without further ado... the Grand Unveiling...... (QUIET PLEASE) *chorus starts up*... :lol:

.... pg 530 Chapter 24 Sectumsempra, Half Blood Prince...

"Are you telling me," said Hermione, "that you're going to go back ---?"

"And get the book? Yeah, I am, " said Harry forcefully. "Listen, without the Prince I'd never have won the Felix Felicis. I'd never have known how to save Ron from poisoning, I'd never have---"

"---got a reputation for Potions brilliance you don't deserve," said Hermione nastily.

"Give it a rest, Hermione!" said Ginny, and Harry was so amazed, so grateful, he looked up. "By the sound of it, Malfoy was trying to use an Unforgivable Curse, you should be glad Harry had something good up his sleeve!"

"Well, of course I'm glad Harry wasn't cursed!" said Hermione, clearly stung. "But you can't call that Sectumsempra spell good, Ginny, look where it's landed him! And I'd have thought, seeing what this has done to your chances in the match---"

"Oh, don't start acting as though you understand Quidditch," snapped Ginny, "you'll only embarrass yourself."

Harry and Ron stared: Hermione and Ginny, who had always got on together well, were now sitting with their arms folded, glaring in opposite directions.

....... ....... ....... ........

Here's why this is my favorite moment.

First off... What guy isn't grateful when his girl stands up for him (yeah I know they aren't a couple yet)???? Especially when it's another girl who is criticizing him... yeah sorry, it's the primal thing I suppose (I'll blame mother nature here! >.<), but it's kinda hot! :excited::blush:

On top of that, we see how smart and confident Ginny is, two other very appealing character traits (we already know she's one of the prettiest girls in the school which doesn't hurt either). Hermione, a smart girl in her own right, tries to turn Ginny's attention to Quidditch and the team's chances which were hurt by Harry's getting detention with Snape. A girl who might not be as smart or confident as Ginny might aquiesce to this little trick to win her over. Ginny however sees the trap that Hermione has set and realizes A. That the benefits of Harry having saved both Ron and himself (from Malfoy) because of the book, outweighs a Quidditch match (Ginny's not shallow), and B. That she is going to be the seeker in the Championship match now that Harry has detention, and she is fully confident in her own abilities to win the Quidditch match for Gryffindor.

I'd love if others would post their favorite Harry/Ginny moments too! I know this is something we do often in the Ron/Hermione treads... and throughout the duration of the series there really is a wealth of wonderful Harry/Ginny moments... even if they are not quite as frequent as the R/Hr moments and a bit more hidden in the pages of the series.

Edited by casualobserver

Ok, firstly, I think I almost stopped breathing for a moment when you said you'd read a book and a half in a week! :o I think that might just make up for prior lack of speed... I said MIGHT. ;)

I find it really interesting, actually, that you picked that moment as your favourite, because that is the moment which used to be used AGAINST Ginny a lot.

I like what you said about Ginny being too smart to fall into the trap Hermione had set for her. It's some mean feat to outsmart Hermione and I love that Ginny could hold her ground (proving she's NOT the shallow character many have accused her of being :rolleyes: ).

I also think that your point about Harry and Ron's lives being more important than a quidditch match could in a lot of ways be metaphorical of Ginny's outlook as a whole: the thought of quidditch doesn't seem to enter her head until Hermione mentions it, showing her concern for Harry (and Ron) is far above that of the team and that she'd rather him do what he thinks is right without worrying about how it affects his popularity demonstrates that she values Harry as a person much more than Harry as a celebrity. Take that Haterzzz! Haha, ahem. :blush::P

I actually can't decide which is my favourite moment. I think of one and then somebody mentions another one and I change my mind! I'll have a think... But yes, posting favourite moments is a great idea. I'd love to see this thread more active :)

• 5 weeks later...

Ah sorry for double post, but i'm such a huge fan of Harry and Ginny as well as Ron and Hermione. Is there any updates with these two as far as the last movie goes?

• 2 months later...

Ah sorry for double post, but i'm such a huge fan of Harry and Ginny as well as Ron and Hermione. Is there any updates with these two as far as the last movie goes?

I'm kind of wondering about that too Jade. I know the focus is on Ron and Hermione but I REALLY want the best aspects of the Harry and Ginny relationship to shine through in the final film. They have a kiss too... although we've already caught the highlights of it... but what I'm MOST hoping for is that Harry's final thoughts before he goes to die are about Ginny. That was such a moving and wonderful part of the books, but the movie dynamic has never quite captured the magic (no pun intended) of the Harry/Ginny relationship that the books held for me. I can't wait for the Harry and Ginny love story in the final film, as it takes on an even great presence, esp. with the epilogue.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so what did people think to H/G in DH2?

Personally, I loved them in this movie and could not have faulted it. I didn't even mind Harry not thinking of Ginny in his final moments, because it didn't seem fitting to the pace and the strength and feeling of their relationship was conveyed very clearly, IMO, throughout the rest of the movie. Clearer than ever, I think.

Ginny as a character was portrayed as the fierce, brave, independent woman that book Ginny is. She fought for Harry and for others, and did not constantly need his attention. I think their kiss in this movie, whilst short, summed up their relationship perfectly. Ginny was there fighting with and for Harry, but she also gave him the space to do what he needed to do. She understood him. The two simple words after their kiss, 'I know', as they ran off to fulfil their seperate roles, demonstrated this perfectly, IMO.

Movie-H/G has never matched up to the books for me, but in this film I honestly could not have asked for more. In fact, I felt their relationship was more prominent in the movie than in the book, but that may just be my initial feeling. Dan and Bonnie too, whilst they don't really have a natural chemistry, both stepped up a lot in their performances, I think.

As for their epilogue, I loved how Ginny just had to look at Harry to encourage him to speak to Albus. I love how H/G are able to communicate so much non-verbally, both in book and film. That's why H/G works, IMO: Ginny is able to make her mark distinctly without being too present all the time. It's subtlety is so beautiful.

I'm gushing now, so I'll shut up. :P Sorry for the sentimental rant. I'd love to hear all your thoughts :)

OMG Katharine! :sob: I can't believe I find myself not agreeing with you for once! :o:sob:

I posted my opinions on this is the Rupert Emma thread where I gave my general review of the movie and my reveiw of H/G in the final movie is pretty harsh.

I DID desperately STILL want to see Harry thinking of Ginny before he went off to the forest to face Voldemort, and it was one of the few disapointments I had with the final movie as a whole.

Otherwise, the kiss looked WORSE to me than it did in the previews actually and Bonnie just seemed so stiff in her acting. I was really tough on Bonnie in my review. Unfortunately the whole Harry Ginny relationship througout and esp. this last movie, summed up one of my greatest disapointments with the entire series. :( I did not get the sense of a strong women who was standing beside Harry, but rather the sense of an aloof, distant and awkward girl who reminded me much more of Harry/Cho post Harry/Cho kiss then of the Ginny/Harry that I read about. <_<

Well that's just not good enough! :tongue0020::sob::P

It's funny. Whilst I still stand by my own post, I agree with a lot of yours too :P

I agree that the kiss looked better in the previews, and the actual 'contact' moment wasn't the best kiss I've ever seen, but what I liked about it was that it was a brief, in-the-middle-of-a-war kind of thing before they rushed off in opposite directions to fulfil their individual roles.

And I also agree that H/G have been probably THE biggest disappointment of the series for me, which is why I was expecting so little of them in this film (as Ginny is barely present, after all) and was therefore blown away by the marked improvement in their portrayal. Still nowhere near book quality of course, but I can almost live with movie-H/G after this film.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

True love! I just can say it and I love them like Ron and Hermione!!! :excited: :3m_sie: :blush::yesyes::ohyeah:

WELCOMEEE!!!

^ Welcome aboard the ship! Come to think of it... where are the rest of our crewmates? :(

I miss this pairing. So so much.

I'm back! Sorry I added to the deadness in this one and Ron and Hermione. D: Conversation just lacked!!! D: