The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Today is voting day in the US! I voted already :)

How many of you are going to vote? If not, why? Are you not registered? Do you think it's a waste of time?

Personally, I voted because I think if we want changes for our country then we have to be the ones to do it. Voting is so important because it lets our voice be heard so change can be made. At least, that's my own opinion, but I want to hear from you guise!!

Generally I'm the type of person that would encourage people to go out and vote, however when the choices are between worst and worser there's not much point to it (my opinion for this general election). A Democratic controlled congress had a tough enough time getting anything passed, imagine the gridlock that's about to ensue now.

For me the only redeeming factor is that we'll no longer have ZE GOVERNATOR in office :D. Seriously though if you have a cause, a proposition, ect, or truly believe in a candidate no matter what party they are in, go and vote. Voting is your say in how the US government works, and any government that allows voting in general.

I was so out of the loop with all the candidates and props that I didn't get to vote. To be fair though, none of the candidates did interest me and the only prop that did was Prop 19, and I'm glad that didn't get passed, even though I could argue otherwise.

Oh well, the presidential election is coming up soon.

Generally I'm the type of person that would encourage people to go out and vote, however when the choices are between worst and worser there's not much point to it (my opinion for this general election). A Democratic controlled congress had a tough enough time getting anything passed, imagine the gridlock that's about to ensue now.

For me the only redeeming factor is that we'll no longer have ZE GOVERNATOR in office :D. Seriously though if you have a cause, a proposition, ect, or truly believe in a candidate no matter what party they are in, go and vote. Voting is your say in how the US government works, and any government that allows voting in general.

yeah it's really hard sometimes, it's choosing between the lesser of two evils on occasion. I don't know about you guys, but I heard about wuestion 19, I'm from MA so ours were about sales tax on alcohol, government housing andd...lowering the sales tax.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i don't live in the US, but i voted here for the UK general election.

My mother registered me so when i turned 18 i had the option to vote. But if she didn't register me i would have still registered and voted.

I know one vote doesnt make much of a difference, but i feel that i helped my vote somehow. And the party i voted for somehow ended up in parliament lol even if they joined forces with the evil (tories)

I also voted in the last General Election but I am ashamed to say it was the first time that I have voted even though I have been able to in the past, I never used to vote because I always had the opinion that politicians are all as bad as each other and are only in it for themselves.

I felt that my vote was wasted so I started to take a little more interest and this time I used it, and I feel better for it, because although it is only one vote, it feels as though I have had my say.