The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Boyle111 Says Hi

Hey everyone,

My name's Mark, I'm 18 years old, I'm from Liverpool in England and recently I've resorted to many Potter marathons to keep me occupied during the many spare times I have during Summer :P

So where do I begin? I like computers, gaming, music, football and films. I own an Xbox 360 and although I like mixing it up a lot, Call of Duty is my favourite game. In my spare time I work on the News Team and Community Crew at Digital Warfare 24/7 and while our current pre-launch sites are Modern Warfare 24/7 and Black Ops 24/7, we hope to launch our full portal soon, which looks awesome so far... We'll (not me) be attending the Call of Duty XP event in September, so that's going to be VERY cool. I also work for WePlayCoD, another COD-based fansite with our main focus on Twitter and Facebook. Both sites are officially recognised by Activision, Treyarch, Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games, and we have regular contact with them all. :) In other words, I'm a gaming and Call of Duty fanatic and hopefully it all helps me when I begin studying Computer Games Technology at University in September. I'm very community-focussed so I enjoy talking about a variety of topics on forums and other social media, and after seeing quite a lot of gaming fans on here, I hope to meet some very cool people!

Right, enough of that. Football (commonly referred to as Soccer in US ;)) is something else that I love, and the team I support is Liverpool FC. I did use to play Football a lot but suddenly stopped for some reason. I listen to a lot of different music, it all really depends on my music. I have weird phrases, that's for sure. One band I've always liked listening to is Simple Plan, although I know they get quite a mixed reception... As I said, my tastes vary and include punk pop, pop, rock, heavy metal and perhaps even some country with the likes of Taylor Swift and Brad Paisley.

I also quite like a lot of films and TV shows. Of course Harry Potter is up there having visited the cinema with my sister to see every one. I'm a big fan of Christopher Nolan, especially his whole philosophy of filming stuff for real with minimal CGI, all without the need for 3D. The Dark Knight was great, as was Inception, and every news concerning The Dark Knight Rises is currently on my radar. Gotta love Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost too; Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are just classics, British film-making at its best. As for TV shows, I used to be a big fan of Scooby Doo when I was younger, as well as all the classic children shows. I loved Prison Break and now that it's finished for good I decided to check out Breakout Kings recently - since it's made by the same people - and I really enjoyed it. I began watching all the Dexter episodes in January and it's such an awesome and addictive show that I really wondered why on Earth I hadn't checked it out previously. Another recent show that I enjoyed was The Walking Dead and along with Family Guy and The Simpsons (which I haven't watched for ages), I think that's about it for now.

I think I'll leave it there! Sorry for the long essay as an introduction haha, I suppose that's what slow Sundays does to ya! I generally tend to lurk on forums more than actually posting but hopefully I can stick around and post on here quite frequently, while also meeting and talking to a lot of cool people about a variety of things.

Boyle111 is the username I use everywhere so you'll find me on loads of place using that name, including Xbox LIVE, Twitter, Facebook, everywhere basically. I use Twitter everyday so if anyone fancies following me @boyle111 feel free to do so. Let me know if you're from here and I may follow you, depending if you tweet a lot or not. ;)