The Emma-Watson.net Forum

UEFA Europa League 2011/12

• 2 weeks later...

The Mighty Potters are in Europe for the first time since 1973 and having beating Hajduk Split 1-0 and 1-0 in the last round we now face FC Thun of Switzerland. I just hope that we make the group stage so that I can organize going to an away trip myself.

That's the only downside to European competition if you like to travel to most games like me, European games are midweek and I have to work!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

No, I haven't been to any yet, not enough time off work or money. I have been to all the home games though.

Prices of flights are scandalous, they more than tripled from UK airports to those places less than an hour after the draw was made. Ukraine, Israel and Turkey are all quite far, if we drew a team from Belgium, Germany or Holland I would have almost certainly gone.

Still a chance yet, we are sitting comfortably at the top of our group and look certain to qualify for the knockout stages, amazing considering we have rested some players for these games.

No, I haven't been to any yet, not enough time off work or money. I have been to all the home games though.

Prices of flights are scandalous, they more than tripled from UK airports to those places less than an hour after the draw was made. Ukraine, Israel and Turkey are all quite far, if we drew a team from Belgium, Germany or Holland I would have almost certainly gone.

Still a chance yet, we are sitting comfortably at the top of our group and look certain to qualify for the knockout stages, amazing considering we have rested some players for these games.

At least something!

Gotta love capitalism lol. But yep, a very good chance. :D I wish my team would be back in the Europa League. But it doens't go so well since 2 seasons. :/ Starting to get better tho.

• 1 month later...

Round of 32:

Porto - Manchester City

Ajax - Manchester United

Lokomotiv Moscow - Athletic Bilbao

Red Bull Salzburg - Metalist Kharkiv

Stoke City - Valencia

Rubin Kazan - Olympiacos

AZ - Anderlecht

Lazio - Atlético Madrid

Steaua București - Twente

Viktoria Plzeň - Schalke 04