The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Video from "Movie Night Out in LA"

:mad::mad::mad::tongue0020: to the paps-I hate them-they are the scum of the earth-did you see how nasty that guy was I believe he was saying it to her friend? The poor girl just wanted to get into her car-you can see her saying drive away and for whatever reason they couldnt right away. All they wanted to do was see a movie- unreal. I dont want to hear anyone say it goes with the territory either-yes I know it does but the paps sometimes go WAY to freakin far. Emma as always being polite and graceful and not saying anything because she knows that would be written up/videoed. If I had been Emma, I would have slammed them w. my purse LOL God love Emma girl...and good job to her friend!!

That was quite saddening to watch, to be honest. Good to see that Emma and her friends kinda saw the funny side of it near the end, but the paparazzi are such jerks. God knows what I would end up doing if I was a celebrity and bumped into them like that. Good thing that most celebs can keep calm about it. Goes to show something when the video has 10 likes and 201 dislikes. ;)

Words can't describe how pissed I was when I watched that. In fact I'm still pissed :angry: I don't give a damn what anyone says. Emma should not have to deal with those idiots at all. It's pathetic how they tried to portray Emma's friends protecting her as them "attacking the poor paparazzi" and not only insulted and harassed them, but Emma herself even though she didn't even do anything except get in her car. It makes me very happy to see that many other people are calling out the paparazzi on their antics and supporting Emma. "Team Watson" was even a trending topic on twitter in support of her.

I cant describe how pissed i am...

Seriously im starting to think that paparazzi = idiots with mental problems. I hate the fact that Emma was there only to see a damn movie.. LEAVE HER ALONE! Why cant paparazzi just shut up, take a picture and LEAVE! Oh and the guy who was speaking is an idiot for sure.

Words can't describe how pissed I was when I watched that. In fact I'm still pissed :angry: I don't give a damn what anyone says. Emma should not have to deal with those idiots at all. It's pathetic how they tried to portray Emma's friends protecting her as them "attacking the poor paparazzi" and not only insulted and harassed them, but Emma herself even though she didn't even do anything except get in her car. It makes me very happy to see that many other people are calling out the paparazzi on their antics and supporting Emma. "Team Watson" was even a trending topic on twitter in support of her.

I cant describe how pissed i am...

Seriously im starting to think that paparazzi = idiots with mental problems. I hate the fact that Emma was there only to see a damn movie.. LEAVE HER ALONE! Why cant paparazzi just shut up, take a picture and LEAVE! Oh and the guy who was speaking is an idiot for sure.

ITA!!! Emma should not have to deal w. morons like that!!! I am still feeling :mad: about that...Team Watson!! THAT IS AWESOME...Emma has a HUUUUGE fanbase and I am telling yall that we wont put up with that from those slimeballs.

LOL I think they do have mental problems. I mean seriously you have to have absolutely no morals/values/decency to be a papparrazi-it is the truth-take the picture or two and just go!! Why did they have to act like that?!! I am still in shock over having seen that video.

Your reactions are ignorant. I do not like how paparazzi work either, but given the fact that it was her decision to become an actress/model and to move to the US, where pursuing celebrities is far more extensive than in the UK, it was her decision to endure excessive public interest as well. That is why actors and celebrities in general are so overpaid – because the society is interested in their private lives and demands constant and interesting information. The photo of Emma Watson going to see a film with hipster friends is worth $20, while a photo of her hitting a paparazzo with a purse is at least a hundred times the price. If people were not buying it, paparazzi would not exist. I would even say that it is hypocritical to write “leave her alone†in caps and saying how shocked and disgusted you were after seeing this and then keep sharing and discussing the newest related information on a forum dedicated to her. Yourselves are a part of the machinery against which you protest.

That is just straight up rude. Not crazy, just rude and an invasion of her privacy. She may be a celebrity, but she's a human being, just like everybody else in the world. Let her live her life for God's sake.

Edited by Turbo

Hey now, this is a silly American who posted that you are insulting ;) LOL...at first I thought their car had broken down!! Omg could you have imagined if the battery would have died? Ugh I dont even want to think about it.

Hey now, this is a silly American who posted that you are insulting ;) LOL...at first I thought their car had broken down!! Omg could you have imagined if the battery would have died? Ugh I dont even want to think about it.

Your reactions are ignorant. I do not like how paparazzi work either, but given the fact that it was her decision to become an actress/model and to move to the US, where pursuing celebrities is far more extensive than in the UK, it was her decision to endure excessive public interest as well. That is why actors and celebrities in general are so overpaid – because the society is interested in their private lives and demands constant and interesting information. The photo of Emma Watson going to see a film with hipster friends is worth $20, while a photo of her hitting a paparazzo with a purse is at least a hundred times the price. If people were not buying it, paparazzi would not exist. I would even say that it is hypocritical to write “leave her alone†in caps and saying how shocked and disgusted you were after seeing this and then keep sharing and discussing the newest related information on a forum dedicated to her. Yourselves are a part of the machinery against which you protest.

The majority of bold which represents the topic itself, I agree completely. Welcome to the media world that is defined as business. You would not believe the costs of one picture is for publicity. Some cases, hundreds, and thousands depending on the circumstance. If they make profit out of it, they aren't going to stop. People need to make a living, and if this is their professional lifestyle, they aren't going to suddenly stop and have a career change if that is the only skill they posses.

Kudos to Emma keeping her chin up high and ignoring the paparazzi and along with her friends in the car being very supportive, that's friendship to you :) If it was me, I would have just stuck my hearing aids in my pocket and sign lanaguaged to my friends *I'm deaf in both ears, and my close friends and I use basic sign language to communicate in Karate :)*

The underlined quote, spot on again, I also agree with. Something happens, we talk gossip, and move on. It just goes on and on and on, the cycle won't change for a long while.