The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Classical music

Classical music has always played a huge role in my life. My father is a professional classical pianist. He works at the music school of Amsterdam. My stepmother is a violinist and non-active flutist (she has a diploma from music school for both). My grandmother from mother's side was a professional classical pianist, and my grandfather, a banker, a very talented amateur cellist.

I was thus brought up with classical music. I took violin lessons from my fifth till my eigth and piano lessons from my eigth till my seventeenth. A bit more than a year ago, I started taking classical singing lessons with a very dear old lady. She's very funny and keen for her age and she's been a great inspiration and tutor to me.

I love classical music a lot, I love listening to it and I love seeing my father at work and hearing him talking about it.

It's not only classical music I love though, I also am a huge fan of musical and oldies like Queen, Velvet Underground...Avril Lavigne, Evanescence, Adele...there are many artists from today I like as well :).

I sometimes hate it how people seem to think it's boring and old-fashioned. Of course, anyone may think what they want to, but I feel that those people form their opinions too soon without really listening to, for example, Tsjaikovski's violin concerto.

However, I was wondering whether there are members here who love classical music as well :). Tell me what you think!

Mate I love it, Im actually listening to the Ten Tenors, which isnt really Classical but they do some.

I love it, I learnt violin for a while, wish I kept with it sounds so awesome.

I dont know how people call it boring either, its so intense!

I like to listen to classical music sometimes. My favourites are The Four seasons by Vivaldi. Especially The Winter.

I also love Bach, The Goldberg Variations: Aria Da Capo and Variation No. 1. One of those you hear in movies. I can listen to that piece over and over.

And Claude Debussy, The Girl with the flaxen hair.

• 4 months later...

I love it. My grandpa was a professional cellist. He played for many years in the Dresden Philharmonic. Also one uncle was a cellist.

I love Beethoven and Brahms. And for the Baroque period: Handel and Bach.

I like to listen to classical music sometimes. My favourites are The Four seasons by Vivaldi. Especially The Winter.

I also love Bach, The Goldberg Variations: Aria Da Capo and Variation No. 1. One of those you hear in movies. I can listen to that piece over and over.

And Claude Debussy, The Girl with the flaxen hair.

They played the Goldberg Variations while I was born. :P

I like a bit of classical music, in particular, I am a fan of quite a lot of romantic era compositions, as well we modern orchestral style music (especially film scores by people like Howard Shore, Jon Barry etc..)

Edited by azlan
  • 1 month later...

I love classical music and opera!!

My favourites are

Bach-Matthäuspassion(the whole work)

Brahms-Ein deutsches Requiem(the whole...but 2. and 6.part are my favourites)

Händel-Wassermusik

Purcell-Music for a while

Purcell-Remember me(from Dido and Aeneas)

Wagner-Tristan und Isolde(my favourite Opera)

Telemann-Concert for viola

Grieg-Peer Gynt Suite(especially "Hall of the mountain king")

Tschaikowsky-Swan Lake

Saint-Saens-Carnaval des animeaux

Verdi-requiem

Puccini-O mio babbino caro(from Gianni Schicci)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I love classical music and opera!!

My favourites are

Bach-Matthäuspassion(the whole work)

Brahms-Ein deutsches Requiem(the whole...but 2. and 6.part are my favourites)

Händel-Wassermusik

Purcell-Music for a while

Purcell-Remember me(from Dido and Aeneas)

Wagner-Tristan und Isolde(my favourite Opera)

Telemann-Concert for viola

Grieg-Peer Gynt Suite(especially "Hall of the mountain king")

Tschaikowsky-Swan Lake

Saint-Saens-Carnaval des animeaux

Verdi-requiem

Puccini-O mio babbino caro(from Gianni Schicci)

Wow you have a great taste! Deutsches Requiem is fantastic. Do you know Mozarts requiem as well?

Classical is awesome, have been listening to a lot of Schubert and Purcell lately.

Nice, isn't it? What of Purcell have you heard? I sang in Dido&Aeneas when I was 14 :D. Great music.

• 1 month later...

Ravel's Pavane for a Dead Princess, which this past summer made a cameo during the latest Batman movie while Bruce Wayne is dancing with Cat Woman. :yesyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ST3AiFtJC4&feature=related I put in the piano version because I love piano. >.<

Here's the orchestral version for those who may prefer it. Both are fantastic imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6A96yQO82I&feature=related

• 10 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your doctor may decide it s OK to do a lumpectomy and remove only the tumor and the tissues around it buy priligy tablets When we ask women to consider taking a drug to prevent something, we re asking them to take a medicine every day for something that may or may not happen to them in the future, says Joy Melnikow, a professor of family and community medicine at the University of California, Davis

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...