The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Champagne question

I have a quick question...I got a bottle of champagne for my 18th birthday, which was on May 29, 2010. I haven't opened it yet, it's been in a box in my wardrobe. I cannot find it right now so I'm not sure what kind of champagne it is, but how long can something like that be kept, unopened? Does anyone know anything about this?

The only real way to find out, is to open it and have a taste. Most champagne keeps for quite a while, however it may lose alot of it's fizz and that overall ruins the taste.

Flat champagne is not something I recommend.

Keep the bottle stored in a very cool place like a refrigerator. If not, it will go flat and... well will turn bad. I recommend finishing all of it once opening it though. Don't open it, taste it and then reseal it. Again, take it out of your wardrobe and stick it in the refrigerator.

Keep the bottle stored in a very cool place like a refrigerator........take it out of your wardrobe and stick it in the refrigerator.

That's the one thing you shouldn't do! :whaa: Champagne doesn't like to be kept cold, or else it'll lose it's flavour! The key is to keep it at a steady room temperature, then put it in the fridge a day before you drink it.

See here:- http://www.champagnegold.co.uk/blog/How-to-Store-Champagne-the-Right-Way/

That's the one thing you shouldn't do! :whaa: Champagne doesn't like to be kept cold, or else it'll lose it's flavour! The key is to keep it at a steady room temperature, then put it in the fridge a day before you drink it.

See here:- http://www.champagnegold.co.uk/blog/How-to-Store-Champagne-the-Right-Way/

I kept a bottle of sparkling chardonnay in my pantry for a good year... it was flat and it tasted terrible.

*shrugs*