The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Lonely Island

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Lonely Island is an American comedy troupe and band composed of Akiva "Kiv" Schaffer, Jorma "Jorm" Taccone, and David Andrew "Andy" Samberg, best known for their comedic music. Originally from Berkeley, California, the group is currently based in New York City. The group broke out due to their collective work from 2005–2011 on Saturday Night Live. Samberg and Schaffer continue to work at the show, with occasional input from Taccone.

Once on the show, they wrote "Lazy Sunday", a music parody video that became an instant hit on YouTube. Following the success of this digital short, the group produced the Emmy-winning "Dick in a Box", "Jizz in My Pants", "Like a Boss", and the Grammy-nominated "I'm on a Boat", which have subsequently had huge success both on SNL and on the internet, and prompted the release of the 2009 album, Incredibad. In 2011, the group released their second album, Turtleneck & Chain, which featured songs from such SNL digital shorts as "I Just Had Sex," "The Creep," and "Jack Sparrow".

Here are my favorite songs, broken down into three categories. Enjoy:

My favorite "all-around" LI song:

The whole Lonely Island crew making a music video, and Michael Bolton singing about movies. Jack Sparrow is funny, and has some great vocals:

My favorite "Feat." LI song:

I can do without LI's part. I mean, it's fine, but what I love about Boombox is Julian Casablancas' singing and amazing hair style:

My favorite "comical" LI song:

Funny, well-done, and a great listen. I present Great Day:

What are your thoughts?

Edited by ckravitz

This is funny because the other day I posted in the "I Hate" thread that I hate The Lonely Island.

Im sorry but I think that they are terrible, shockingly awful even.

Weird Al is the kind of song comedy.

• 2 weeks later...