The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Marta's Art Corner

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you dont need talent for this.. only time & patience ;)

AH! wrong one, you do need Talent. But Talent is time patience and lots of work, and Photoshop cs5.

Boma has talent so all the girls that make these amazing graphics I check almost every day;

we all have different styles and own editing workflow which is fine, I love diversity.

Edited by helen2U

girl.. you dont need PS CS5 to make retouches like me.

i can do this @ PS6 (VERY old one) or PS Elements

expensive program its needed for retouches, in my opinion, but if you are talking generally about graphics - yes, PS CS, Illustrator, Corel or Cinema 4D and many many other

girl.. you dont need PS CS5 to make retouches like me.

i can do this @ PS6 (VERY old one) or PS Elements

expensive program its needed for retouches, in my opinion, but if you are talking generally about graphics - yes, PS CS, Illustrator, Corel or Cinema 4D and many many other

just about high end editing, I couldn't do without my cs5, just couldn't. graphics can be done with any program, I do agree on that. I used cs4 for my old retouches(I didn't have anyone to help me so I just researched editing programes), and when cs5 came around got it and we've been co-workers ever since.

Edited by helen2U

then... you are using to much tools. my retouches are so simple! new layer (100% soft light) filled with pure grey. after this i use brush tool (opacity around 6-12% and small size)

white colour makes it more bright and black one, more dark. thats it! you are able to fix EVERY wrinkle and flaws

sometimes i use color balance or contrast adj. but secend one can be easly done by brush on grey layer..

try it ;)

edit// for this you dont need CS5 :P

Edited by Stoga

then... you are using to much tools. my retouches are so simple! new layer (100% soft light) filled with pure grey. after this i use brush tool (opacity around 6-12% and small size)

white colour makes it more bright and black one, more dark. thats it! you are able to fix EVERY wrinkle and flaws

sometimes i use color balance or contrast adj. but secend one can be easly done by brush on grey layer..

try it ;)

edit// for this you dont need CS5 :P

well if you told me this 3 years ago! I'm always on the hunt for other methods. But I don't use a lot, i love the digital noise removal that cs5 has, works brilliantly (that camera raw thing); I'll try this! The patch tool and heal brush is a lot to ya?

Then I do light and contrast changes. I follow this editing workflow and do it very fast. It does depend on the photo I work on(is it low quality is it hires).

well if you told me this 3 years ago! I'm always on the hunt for other methods. But I don't use a lot, i love the digital noise removal that cs5 has, works brilliantly (that camera raw thing); I'll try this! The patch tool and heal brush is a lot to ya?

Then I do light and contrast changes. I follow this editing workflow and do it very fast. It does depend on the photo I work on(is it low quality is it hires).

just keep digging by your own :P

& yes, heal brush is too much. my work is to fix skin & this tool is making a damage to skin's texture. maybe after some time will understand this ;)

see the difference?

i never work on low quality pictures. my requirement is to get RAW files, not JPGs

best retouched picture take a lot of time..

read this, i hope it'll open your eyes a little bit ;)

http://www.fashionphotographyblog.com/workshop/retouch/index.html

just keep digging by your own :P

& yes, heal brush is too much. my work is to fix skin & this tool is making a damage to skin's texture. maybe after some time will understand this ;)

see the difference?

i never work on low quality pictures. my requirement is to get RAW files, not JPGs

best retouched picture take a lot of time..

read this, i hope it'll open your eyes a little bit ;)

http://www.fashionphotographyblog.com/workshop/retouch/index.html

Yeah I see the difference, I don't need Harry's glasses for that one.

I had fun bringing LQ's to life(you know those LOVELY emma photos that are small sized and dark and need to be saved), and taking tags out by painting them out (that's what I do with them new outtakes, also making a combination of tools) or taking text out-my fave thing, and for what I do my editing workflow is great, for HIRES I know things change. I did work for a wedding photog and didn't use much ps just capture nx, ps here and there for the nikon's black spots. There's so much to say on this subject, we barely have time. Never heard of this fella but sounds like my type.

Edited by helen2U

Yeah I see the difference, I don't need Harry's glasses for that one.

I had fun bringing LQ's to life(you know those LOVELY emma photos that are small sized and dark and need to be saved), and taking tags out by painting them out (that's what I do with them new outtakes, also making a combination of tools) or taking text out-my fave thing, and for what I do my editing workflow is great, for HIRES I know things change. I did work for a wedding photog and didn't use much ps just capture nx, ps here and there for the nikon's black spots. There's so much to say on this subject, we barely have time. Never heard of this fella but sounds like my type.

i think its end of conversation 'couse you still dont understand (and i think you won't do it)

fun with emma's pictures is not a work!

i was talking about things from my JOB not about things after..

if you wish to be a great retoucher you must work it out by your own - i told you how i work and i think you won't even try it out from what you say

thats all.

I don't have that, I get bored easily haha.

i love to change these pixels :wub:

maybe thats why i dont have a problem with boredom ;p

new one. hopefully it won't be delated :P

i think its end of conversation 'couse you still dont understand (and i think you won't do it)

fun with emma's pictures is not a work!

i was talking about things from my JOB not about things after..

if you wish to be a great retoucher you must work it out by your own - i told you how i work and i think you won't even try it out from what you say

thats all.

we have different work, I didn't find that job where I could do what you do, but still looking for that.

why you think I won't try it? I actually will, I'm too tired from web templates during the week(I improved a lot in 3 days) but the week-end is that time for experimenting. Well I did it on my own for years, it's the best way and I say to everybody. I value what you've shared and I want more. I want you to explain in more detail that method because I don't have the visuals to it. In other words I don't understand fully. Just don't get forum anger on me, I'm already scared. That and I strive to be a professional. Do I get a hug now?

why my honesty is always received as anger and aggravating? oO

maybe you used wrong wordls and i missunderstood you?

search for dodge&burn method all over the internet ;) devuantart.com and youtube (video tutorials are very helpfull too)

PS when i didnt have my job i used to practise for hours at home, then i got the job

:hug:

why my honesty is always received as anger and aggravating? oO

maybe you used wrong wordls and i missunderstood you?

search for dodge&burn method all over the internet ;) devuantart.com and youtube (video tutorials are very helpfull too)

PS when i didnt have my job i used to practise for hours at home, then i got the job

:hug:

now I will look it up. You scared me outta my mind, I was like wow marta will cut me =)

really now, I adore you. I only make different graphics(mostly web templates these days) and I crave for

a photo editing one(I'm in talks with a photographer, hope I get a job there), and I agree on that, It takes a lot of time and heart and time again. I have acc. on both websites too. Since I know how the method is called it's easier to find.

mentioned so I'll deff. do it. I'll take time today.

Basically random means like, it doesn't fit the image and you just plonked it there. >.<

Like the peachy colours on the first one match her skin tone and fiery attitude etc.

Nothing against the photography though, that's brilliant. =)

Edited by Mockingjay