The Emma-Watson.net Forum

C'mon guys, who else is excited for this film?! :yesyes:

I have every confidence in Christopher Nolans writing. I had him clocked with Memento and every film since has never disappointed me. The man is a genius. Bane (Tom Hardy) seems like a very interesting character to use, he isn't too gimmicky. He's both intellegent and strong. It'll be interesting to see how he works Catwoman (Anne Hathaway) into the mix. I doubt she will be a complete villain (some fans think she will) because she never was anyway. She was more of an anti-hero, a burglar, who never was into mass murder and high level crime.

Here's two official photos that've been released (Bane and Selina Kyle/Catwoman):

Is that Anne Hathaway? one more reason to watch this movie lol

edit: i didnt read the writing on top of the pics... it is her lool

Edited by Ardementor

I'm really looking forward to it, I love the fact that Bane is a villain. Not really much more I can say lol, just looking forward to seeing it

more pictures of Bane

Edited by flying kiwi

I'm excited! I'm a big fan of Nolan and his previous Batman films. It's out on 20th July, but I've never understood why so many companies market a film as "Summer 2012" when there's a definite release date.

I'm surprised no one has posted the teaser trailer yet, but I'm sure you've all seen it anyway. ;)

On-location filming began in Pittsburgh about a week ago, so there's quite a lot of leaked images and videos out there. If you're, this guy has some really cool videos http://www.youtube.com/user/subaruwrxfan Considering a big scene with lots of extras was filmed on Saturday, there are some videos of that on YouTube too (include Bane's voice, although not necessary final). Proceed with caution if you're avoiding leaks and spoilers of course. ;)

I thought a topic was already made here? Must have been another forum.

DC better pull this movie off it's all I will say. The trailers don't look to bad.

As for it being Anne Hathaway. Yes it is and they scrapped the freaking cat ears. ¬¬

I am so excited for the movie! Nolan has done such an amazing job thus far so I have no reason not to believe that this movie will be amazing as well!!!

The trailer looks dark, which I love lol. Ah it's going to be great!!!

He looks so menacing, I cannot wait to see him in action. I read he gained close to 50 pounds of pure muscle; holy crap, no wonder he scared the crap out of me when they released that photo. That photo you posted reminds me of buff and menacing Hannibal Lecter. :lostit:

I was pretty disappointed we didn't get to see a good look of Catwoman, but this is just a teaser trailer. Hopefully Hathaway can pull it off; Michelle Pfeiffer gives an unforgettable performance. Before The Dark Knight was released, many people didn't think Heath Ledger could give a splendid performance as The Joker--at least, not like Jack Nicholson. But I didn't encounter a single person who complained about his performance, he was great and so was Aaron Eckhart (Two Face.)

We have faith in you, Anne Hathaway. :lol:

I thought a topic was already made here? Must have been another forum.

DC better pull this movie off it's all I will say. The trailers don't look to bad.

As for it being Anne Hathaway. Yes it is and they scrapped the freaking cat ears. ¬¬

Well someone from the WB confirmed that Anne's costume is not complete, so perhaps they'll give her a full mask or somewhere along the lines.

• 9 months later...

This looks to be easily the best movie of the summer. I'm so excited. It looks like it ups the ante from TDK and that was a really good film. I wish we didn't have to wait until July.

• 2 months later...

Ok so does the character Robin come out of this, is that why Blake inherited the batcave? like do you guys think Nolan will be making a Robin Film?

and also i didnt understand.. so if bane takes off that mask thing will he die?

and why does the scarecrow (played by Cillian Murphy) keep popping up?

I myself and majority of the people I know thought the trailers made the film looked absolutely terrible. Seeing the film itself I know these trailers did not do it justice.

I thought the film actually turned out good..it wasnt great like the previous batman but i didnt expected it to be. it didnt have that scary feel to it. i also wasnt too fond of anne hathaway playing catwoman but it turned out alright.

I'd second that. It was good but not great like The Dark Knight. There were some things that irked me like Alfred leaving Bruce midway through the film. That seemed very uncharacteristic of that character. I never really felt a deep connection between Selina and Bruce either, and at the end when they kissed and the café scene just seemed a bit over the top to me. Also apparently everyone knows Bruce Wayne is Batman in this film. Despite those drawbacks it was still a pretty good film. I've got a feeling Heath's death really disrupted Nolan's plans since he had planned on bringing back the joker but I thought he did a pretty good job despite what happened.

I'd second that. It was good but not great like The Dark Knight. There were some things that irked me like Alfred leaving Bruce midway through the film. That seemed very uncharacteristic of that character. I never really felt a deep connection between Selina and Bruce either, and at the end when they kissed and the café scene just seemed a bit over the top to me. Also apparently everyone knows Bruce Wayne is Batman in this film. Despite those drawbacks it was still a pretty good film. I've got a feeling Heath's death really disrupted Nolan's plans since he had planned on bringing back the joker but I thought he did a pretty good job despite what happened.

I agree with everything pretty much everything you said. and yeah, i didnt like how alfred left it felt like apart of the movie was...missing. Did the last movie ever say what happened to the joker? he was just hanging off the tower, is he supposed to be in jail or did he die?

Is Robin coming out of this film?