The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What was the last book you read?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The maze runner series!!! Did you like it?

Series or Kill Order?

Overall I guess I would say I liked the series. Could have been a lot better. I'd rate the individual books:

Maze Runner - 9 stars

Scorch Trials - 7 stars

Death Cure - 3 stars

and the Kill order prequel - 8 stars

It actually works pretty well standalone, but as part of the series it makes me like the Death Cure even less.

I liked them too for the most part. What ruined Death Cure for me was

I kept waiting for Thomas to grow as a character but he never did. Just stuck his head in the sand. I think by the end I disliked him more than Rat-man. And the death of Teresa. If she had to die, she at least deserved an emotional dramatic death. Instead it was like a couple sentences and Thomas was "Eh, whatever... Hi Brenda, let's go snog on the cliffside." All through the series she was a major character, and it's like Dashner didn't know how to wrap it up, so he just killed her off quickly. Actually, in an interview he hinted that Teresa's fate was changed by his editor. I wonder what the original ending for her was. 

Yeah, the Fever Code, about the Gladers before Thomas got there. Supposed to come out next year.

Thanks. The Mortality Doctrine is on my radar. If I can borrow sometime it I'll give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Eye of Minds

Yeah I agree with that opinion for sure. I want to know the original ending now too
I need to see the movie scorch trails too.
I hope you get to borrow that series!

I borrowed it from the library, kindle edition. On the waiting list for Rule of Thoughts. ;) And the waiting list for the third book even though it hasn't come out yet.

I liked it well enough that I bought it. And a blind buy on Rule of Thoughts. Both were down to $1.99 on amazon, lowest price they've been. I'm guessing it's to encourage readers for the next book.

I found the book annoying for about the first half. I kept waiting for Dashner to give some explanation about how things worked. Then I decided to just accept that things worked without knowing how and I enjoyed it after that. I will say that I pretty much figured out the twist at the end early on, and was close on the Kaine mystery. Still,  a good book.

Eye of Minds is still the last book i read   :rolleye0012:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Game of Lives

Ashley, perhaps your local library participates in inter-library loans. Many libraries do this, especially smaller libraries that don't have a large selection. Takes a bit longer but it's a way to read books you otherwise don't have access to.