The Emma-Watson.net Forum

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, do you love, like or hate school? What's your reason for loving, liking or hating it? As for me, I liked it because it was the only freedom I really got (it's a long story so please don't ask) lol.

Oh btw, I just have one rule for this topic. If you hate it, your reason cannot be "because it sucks." I want an actual reason. :P

Love because All my amazing friends are there I loved the teachers and i love the people that i was in classes with

Like because I liked being there with my friends though there Rough times And Helping Them

I hate because I hate Test i am not good at test :lol: I am horrible at them oh and I hate drama!!!

I always liked school. Yes, some days I hated it and couldn't be bothered. But, all together I love learning. I loved my teachers and friends! I am excited to start uni this fall... I am sure I will like that too. First time I am going to a public school!

I hate school. I am around a lot of kids who don't care about their future and just don't care. I hate school becase kids need a friggin calculator for ADDITION. I most of all hate school because of the immaturity and rudeness that is spread around far too much.

I hated it when I was actually at school but looking back I miss it. Those were the days. Overall I liked it.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Every day, I just wish I could go back and re-live those high school days. While I was in high school, I couldn't wait to get out of it, but now since I'm out of it, I want to go back and relive them. Too bad that can't happen.

I loved learning but hated the people, i got bullied you see.

Why did you get bullied?

Edited by Turbo

I liked school. I wasn't enthusiatic about school everyday but I did enjoy going to school. I like learning new things, I liked playing with my friends and I liked most of my teachers. There were some times when it was hard to go to school, like when rumours would go around about me or the times when I was bullied but I do have many fond memories of school.

I liked high school, but never loved it or hated it. Classmates and friends are great, but the education not so much. Most of my classes were AP (Advanced Placement), but even so I felt my teachers didn't care about the curriculum. :mellow:

I love college/university, though! It's more of an elective, meaning you choose to do this rather than it being mandatory (high school.) You are older, perhaps a little more mature than you were in highscool, plus you get to start college with a clean slate, meaning you can pick and choose a whole new set of friends.

Also college students tend to not be as clannish because the main reason most people attend to learn, not to make some poor schmucks life a pure living hell everyday. You usually don't have classes with the same set of people until you get higher up in your major and then you might start running into some of the same people that are having to take the same courses as you are.

Even the chance of this is slim, depending on the size of college or university you're attending. Be nice and friendly, you'll meet some of the same. :yesyes:

Going on what Tara said: A lot of people think that just because they're doing the bare minimum will get you through to college. The fact is that if you just do the bare minimum and only do the classes that you need, you're not going to get into a decent college.

A lot of people ask, "Well, why should I do the CP (College Preparatory) and AP (Advanced Placement) classes?" Nobody wants that huge college bill looming over their head, right? Thing is, if you go into those types of classes and do well in them, you're going to get scholarships to help pay for college, so you won't have to pay as much for college. (Or you could do like me and go into the military where the military pays for your college, but that's beside the point.)

Taking CP and AP classes will show that you are ready for college and the top colleges will jump all over it. The more CP and AP classes you take, the more scholarships you'll get. However, by just taking the basic classes in high school, colleges will have no interest in you and they'll think that you are either not ready for college, or that you are just...not "college material." That's the difference in doing the bare minimum and challenging yourself.

I loved school. It was pretty much a second home for me (I know how cheesy that sounds, but it's true! xD).

The fact that my school was so tiny made it feel like I was with my family for most of the day. The teachers weren't just my teachers; I was friends with them as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sad thing is most people would go to a uni vs. going to a community college or online college just for the girls, haha.

What is the difference between the Uni and the Community College ? 

I loved school, because I love to learn. But during middle school (11 to 14 years old, we call it "le collège" in French, before High School "le lycée"), I hated the people because some of them were mean to me for some reasons. It's not bullying but almost - bad comments because I were dressing differently, because I had good grades, because I had protruding ears... I felt I was misunderstood - and I finished by thinking they were almost all stupid and immature xD

I LOVED high school! Best years of my life thus so far.
I did well (I made honour roll every year) but I hardly ever studied and I slacked off most of the time. I would talk all class and distract everyone. I was "popular" in the way that I was friends with everyone no matter what. My teachers always adored me. Parties! I almost never raised my hand because I didn't think I knew the answers. In my graduate survey I was voted "Most Humourous" and I was a runner-up for "Most Likely to Be a Millionaire" and "Most Likely to be Famous". I was pleasantly surprised especially when I look back at my elementary school years.

I hated elementary school. Elementary school is totally different story. Very different. I had very few friends. I wasn't "smart". They pretty much told me that I was stupid and that I would struggle in high school. I took all academic/university leveled classes in high school and my grades were always in the top tier. So what does that say? 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

What is the difference between the Uni and the Community College ? 

So, the main reason why you want to go to an actual University vice going to a community college is for buffing up your resume. Most employers want to see a degree from an actual accredited University because they think that a degree from an actual university has more weight than a degree from a community college. Sadly enough, most employers that see a community college degree on your resume will immediately pass you up for an interview.

• 6 years later...