The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Well this erupted on Saturday night, and it has not stopped much since. It was all down to a shoot out between armed police officers and a individual with a gun. The individual was shot down after they shot at officers. Since this happened, the community thought it was unjust and unfair and went berserk.

Check out the stories here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg thats insane!!!! I didn't realize all this was going on! I have to call all my friends and family and make sure they are alright! I am going to kill my dad for not telling me!!! Are the riots about the school taxes or something else?

Omg thats insane!!!! I didn't realize all this was going on! I have to call all my friends and family and make sure they are alright! I am going to kill my dad for not telling me!!! Are the riots about the school taxes or something else?

No, the riots are because they are using the excuse of a possible unfair justice of a man gunned down to riot around London for the sake of it.

The majority of the rioters at the moment are just jumping of the bandwagon. Most won't even be aware of the police shooting last week, much less the circumstances around it.

A sky news reporter has filmed a video on his phone and uploaded it to youtube, personally I think he's doing a brilliant job and he's certainly got balls to be asking people 'if they're proud'.

Video here:

These people are utter scum, if I had authority I'd waste no time in getting the tear gas/ rubber bullets out and I hope every single one of these disgraces are chased down and locked up. Absolutely sickening.

No, the riots are because they are using the excuse of a possible unfair justice of a man gunned down to riot around London for the sake of it.

This has consituted to pure mayhem.

AT the end of the day, the indivdual was carrying a gun and was not relinquishing that firearm to the police. The shooting was just and fair, however the MET police have failed in containing this problem.

They did not respond quick enough to the rioting and have not been able to contain it to one area. When the Brixton riots happened in the 80's, the police had it contained then. Yeah it was a mess but it was at least contained.

There just isn't enough punishment in the world for those kind of...well I wouldn't dare to call them humans. Really, whether or not the shooting was justified or not that is no reason to behave like this.

Really...all those people who got arrested should just...I don't know...got all their diplomas, licenses and property taken away and start back at primary school because they obviously failed to learn how normal human beings handle things.

Just tell them: You're done, game over. You are not part of this anymore, clearly you can't handle the responsibility of being a grown up.

Realistic? No of course not...but one can dream.

Yeah I heard about Leeds and Birmingham too. I can't see anything decent being done to stop it all tonight though, we'll have to see what measures are brought out tomorrow. I for one think the army should be brought in, although I don't want to see any actual guns involved.

Leeds and Birmingham have now joined in their own rioting.. it's pathetic!

Yeah that is just proof of what is wrong with our country, people jumping on the band wagon

Yeah I heard about Leeds and Birmingham too. I can't see anything decent being done to stop it all tonight though, we'll have to see what measures are brought out tomorrow. I for one think the army should be brought in, although I don't want to see any actual guns involved.

I said that to someone and they spat this law back in my face, so im not sure if its as easy as bringing the army in. However i really really think the government should, it would put a major stop to it. NO one respects the police anymore.

I was going to make a topic about this about midday today, they're hit my town Birmingham. It hit my town at 9:00pm tonight and it's actually hit my area. There's people actually outside my house with macheties? And other things. They attacked women with push chairs and their children.

EDIT: It's just been aired the Army's going in to the places that got hit bad. Lets hope they get the job done.

Edited by Hermione

Crazy. You've got to figure though at the end of the day this isn't just about the shooting, that would act as a trigger event. Frustration has been building up among people around the world over how the economy is going, how various wars are going, ect. It's bound to boil over sometime, and then you have the idiots that join riots purely to make a profitable gain or because they find some pleasure in destroying things. Oh well, best of luck to you guys, if they have mobilized the Army as Hermione says this won't last long.

I agree 100% with James Phelps tweet ''Bring in the Army,enforce a curfew,anyone on the streets past that time will be seen as a threat to public safety and dealt with..'' everything mentioned in this tweet needs to happen!! I watched the London footage earlier,it was beyond awful,i hope this problem gets sorted out soon

Edited by Nicole@15

There's a photo on CNN.com news page and its of a burning building in London and a woman is jumping out of the window. The profile of the woman looks a lot like Emma. Hope it wasn't her...:0 LOL!

Uh...guys this has just moved up to Liverpool.....a little too close for comfort,

cars being set on fire all over smithdown road, lodge lane, lawrence road, grove street (litterally at my uni)

300 in the mob and are now heading down to the city center....apparently they just arrived at liverpool one. this is horrbile!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2011/08/09/liverpool-riots-see-police-attacked-and-cars-set-on-fire-gallery-video-100252-29202979/

I agree. I find it hard to believe that people care this much about some cocaine dealer who probably would have wound up going to prison or killed anyway. They are just using it as an excuse to attack police and innocent people because they are nothing but a pack of sociopaths.

My thoughts and prayers to those in the UK right now. I really hope that Emma and her family are far away from this mess. :(

I said that to someone and they spat this law back in my face, so im not sure if its as easy as bringing the army in. However i really really think the government should, it would put a major stop to it. NO one respects the police anymore.

During the LA Riots back in 1992 immediately proceeding the Rodney King trial, I think it was during the 4th day of rioting that the governor of California requested US Army soldiers and US Marines to help quell the situation (the state's national guard was already deployed prior). The rioting quieted down the next day. The city, for lack of a better term, was under martial law for a few days. This incident as well was a result of an accusation of injustice from the police. Thousands of fires were set, over a thousand structures were destroyed, widespread looting, robbery and murders occurred.

I've been reading bits and pieces of the rioting and it spreading to other cities. I really hope the situation wouldn't escalate further than it already is. Hard to believe something like this occurs in the first world, we're better than this. England has unfortunately become one big SNAFU at the moment.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

Hope things are calm tonight, but I can see it continuing for a while... It moved into my city (Liverpool) last night but all was meant to be calm after about 5 hours. The riots in Liverpool happened in the South and Centre, but thankfully I'm in the North. If it continues tonight, then they really need to look at options like the Army, water cannons and a curfew. I think it's really time that the government starts being tough. Sad thing is that punishments won't be tough and a lot of people won't even get caught.

The majority of the rioters at the moment are just jumping of the bandwagon. Most won't even be aware of the police shooting last week, much less the circumstances around it.

A sky news reporter has filmed a video on his phone and uploaded it to youtube, personally I think he's doing a brilliant job and he's certainly got balls to be asking people 'if they're proud'.

Video here:

These people are utter scum, if I had authority I'd waste no time in getting the tear gas/ rubber bullets out and I hope every single one of these disgraces are chased down and locked up. Absolutely sickening.

that video just was horrible lol the woman saying, "getting my taxes back init". That is just proof of the intelligence level of these people. I did however love how he said that waterstones hasnt been touched, that made me laugh. It does seem to be the places with high value products they can sell on.

Everyone's only talking about London. Most people only care about London. When it's not just London, it's just London who started it. There's many places that have gotten hit bad and it's just frustrating that everyone only cares about freaking London.

^Waterstones where I lived didn't get attacked either. Someone said on facebook 'it goes to show how dumb they are.' To be honest if it was me, it would be the first place I'd go.

They didn't touch none of the comic book stores either. Where's the sence in these people? But I'm glad they didn't.

Everyone's only talking about London. Most people only care about London. When it's not just London, it's just London who started it. There's many places that have gotten hit bad and it's just frustrating that everyone only cares about freaking London.

^Waterstones where I lived didn't get attacked either. Someone said on facebook 'it goes to show how dumb they are.' To be honest if it was me, it would be the first place I'd go.

They didn't touch none of the comic book stores either. Where's the sence in these people? But I'm glad they didn't.

EXACTLY lol if i was looter and i wanted something awesome i would break into that place and nick everything i love to read about. But obviously TV's and Laptops are what the looters want.