The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Things appeared a lot calmer today, although that might just be because the media haven't be situated at as many locations. It's certainly been a lot better in London from the looks of it. I'd say today is worse in the sense that it has spread to more locations at a time rather than just London and a few others. It looks like it's just setting off again here in Liverpool, sadly. Luckily I'm far from the main place (around Smithdown Road), but it looks like there's a lot of rioters there, people breaking into shops, setting fire to buildings etc. Considering Liverpool (very wrongly) gets a lot of criticism and stereotypes, this isn't what we need...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

calmer in london because they have 16,000 police.

stuffs been going on in my town, birkenhead since about 11... its now 1. theyve trashed centre of town, set shops on fire, set vehicles on fire.

I'd like to think a lot of people will be getting caught in the near future, the press have got some pretty good photo's of people. You just need to hope that someone who knows them will report them if they see the photo's. Then hope that they do hand out the punishments as deserved.

Luckily I was mistaken with my friend, she wasn't sent into any riots, it was someone off his face on drugs, turns out he'd called the paramedics after not being long out of prison, she was sent on her own and he pulled a knife on her. The police obviously got involved and hopefully he'll be locked up again now. Haven't heard from her this morning but she finished at 2 so will be sleeping and I don't think the riots were too bad in Nottingham so she should be ok.

Edited by flying kiwi

Fails at life. People have been e-mailing that to his workplace, so I suspect he may not have a job tomorrow, quite apart from him likely getting arrested in the near future.

Hey what goes around comes around. This bloke wins the Darwin Award.

I would laugh my ass off if he also got robbed himself.

Fails at life. People have been e-mailing that to his workplace, so I suspect he may not have a job tomorrow, quite apart from him likely getting arrested in the near future.

that is just proof of the intelligence of the people committing this. They are that thick that they think posting it on fb will not bring about any consequences.

My boyfriends mother posted this onto his facebook.

Seriously it doesn't look like Manchester is gettign to involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cbVW_QS2eE&feature=player_embedded

haha that made me laugh, thats something someone in my village would do.

It was calm last night, i think the rain put people off to be fair.

I've been absolutely horrified by the scenes this week.

I hope every single person involved in these riots are caught, they are just complete and utter scum and nothing excuses their actions. How can we go from the unity and feeling of national pride that the Royal Wedding brought a few months ago to this in such a short space of time? These people are NOT British and I don't want to be associated with them.

Getting their taxes back? I would be surprised if most of them even know what the word means, never mind having paid any. Get them locked up!

Hello Rioters. Look at your friend, now back to me. Now at your friend, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped using petrol bombs and started using job centre he could be me. Look down, back up. Where are we? You're at an interview with the man your friend could work for. What's in your hand? Back at me. It's an application form to that job you need. Look again. The form is now money. Anything is possible when you get a job and stop looting. I'm on a horse

^^ A lot of the rioters [not all], but a lot of them have never had a job, working for a living is an alien concept to them. They prefer to live off benefits, why work, when you can get money for nothing ? The Goverment should make them do some sort of Community work, so that they can put something back into society.

^^ A lot of the rioters [not all], but a lot of them have never had a job, working for a living is an alien concept to them. They prefer to live off benefits, why work, when you can get money for nothing ? The Goverment should make them do some sort of Community work, so that they can put something back into society.

Cameron has suggested that everyone who have been arrested get their social housing taken away from them. Due to the fact they have destroyed so many other people's homes.

Edited by Imagine

I wonder where it'll all go from here. Definitely a big wake up call. I'm glad to see that there seems to be a lot of justice for most rioters, apparently some guy stole a 6 pack of water worth £3.50 and he got 6 months in jail! Many rioters who were receiving benefits are seeing them revoked.

What is happening at the moment?

I haven't heard much about them in the last few days, I'm guessing its died down a bit?

It all died down around Wednesday time, seemed to have stopped as quickly as it started. At the moment there's just arrests going on all over the place, which is a good thing.

Some Courts are sitting today, because they have so many cases to gert through.

According to the press, half the people arrested were under 18, another third of them were criminals released early, who were out on parole, they will probably get long sentences. How long, who knows ? thats up to the Judge, I just hope they get tough with them.

The attempted riots in Bristol got utterly stamped on by Avon & Somerset Police. Some 20 youths tried kicking off on wednesday night, 8 Riot vans, and around 40 officers jumped on them and dished out some justice.