The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Beatles

I am a huge Beatles fan! I have the boxsets, all the albums (as a band and solo), the DVDs, the books, and I've now seen two Beatles and a son of a Beatle in concert. :D

I saw Paul McCartney live at Great American Ballpark last Thursday night. It was packed, but I had a great time! Paul played all of my favorite Beatles and Wings songs. I wish he had played more than three songs from his solo catalog, but just hearing those three was magical...plus, hearing all the classic Beatles songs sung by the guy who wrote them!

John will always be my favorite Beatle, but Paul is my second favorite. I also saw Ringo as a teenager, and saw Julian Lennon live, too.

Anyway, any other Beatle nuts here (lol!) I've been to five consecutive Beatlefests, and also was on my local Breakfast With The Beatles morning radio show about 3-4 times (I was friends with the DJ, and also knew a lot about The Beatles, so I was allowed on.) Also met George Harrison's aunt in an elevator when I was a teenager, but was too shy to say more than a few words to her (I was carrying my guitar, though, and she asked if I was any good, lol!)

I love the Beatles! My ex-boyfriend is a huge fan of them, and it's partly because of him that I started to listen to their music more. I love their songs, though the lyrics are pretty random sometimes (think of Strawberry Fields :P). Fantastic musicians!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I love the Beatles! :) When I was little, my dad told me music history stories instead of fairy tales. They actually have morals and everything. We listened to rock and roll in the car and he would tell these stories. The Beatles were definitely talked about a lot. :) I that collection of their number 1s, with the red cover and the yellow number one, and I would play it over and over all the way to my asthma doctor, which was two and a half hours away - and all the way back, detailing how to handle my millions in a benevolent way when I was older. :P And I had memorized "Yellow Submarine" and sang it alllll the way to church and all the way back, which was a thirty-five minute drive each way. :P And everywhere, really. And I still remember introducing my best friend from kindergarten to their music in the place between the first and second fields behind my house on the same CD player I used to bring to the doctor. We played "A Hard Day's Night" and, in my bedroom, "Penny Lane". And others.

Yeah. They're great.

• 10 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...