The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What if humans could use all of their brain power?

I just watched the movie "Limitless" and it got me thinking. What if humans could use onee hundred percent of their brain power? Do you think we would be able to control things with out minds like super humans or do you think we would just be exponentially smarter as in "Limitless."

Most people use about the 90% of the "brain power" (acording to some studies I've read), so I don't think that could change something in a notable way. However, I think one of the biggest problems that people is feeling their brains aren't 100% is the multitasking thing. Nowadays, people try to focus their mind in a ton of things, and eventually their brains have been conditioned to "fragment" themselves in several tasks. That's what I think.

I dont know a heck of a lot about brains and what not. But Im dead certain that we aint going to be able to control stuff with our minds. I think we should concentrate more on getting people to use the common sense part of their brains*!

*Not targeted at you in any way

I dont know a heck of a lot about brains and what not. But Im dead certain that we aint going to be able to control stuff with our minds. I think we should concentrate more on getting people to use the common sense part of their brains*!

*Not targeted at you in any way

There's another word for using 100% of your brain: Using the Force.

There's actually legitimate scientific research around the possibility of telekinesis. It's more of a physics problem at this point whether or not it's possible at all.

I really liked the movie Phenomenon with John Travolta. It bounced around the idea of using more of your brainpower; it was kinda like Limitless but less of an action movie.

I just watched the movie "Limitless" and it got me thinking. What if humans could use onee hundred percent of their brain power? Do you think we would be able to control things with out minds like super humans or do you think we would just be exponentially smarter as in "Limitless."

I think if everyone used 100%, the world wouldn't be noticeably different. Not counting dubious "superpowers" ofc.

The problem with trying to use 100% of your brain is that your brain has different parts for different things:

• The Frontal Lobe, used for decision making, emotions, and some other stuff
  • Primary motor cortex, is responsible for regulating voluntary movements
  • Primary sensory cortex, processes sensory information received from the body
  • Parietal lobe, is where letters form words and words form thoughts, and more sensory stuff
  • Occipital lobe, processes information related to vision
  • Temporal lobe, regulates memory, emotions, hearing, language and learning
  • Cerebellum, regulates initiation and timing of movements and is important for maintaining balance and posture
  • Brain stem, controls basic functions like heart rate, sleeping, breathing and eating.

So to use your brain 100% you would have to be doing one task that involves using every singe part of your brain, which seems nearly impossible to me

Most people use about the 90% of the "brain power" (acording to some studies I've read), so I don't think that could change something in a notable way. However, I think one of the biggest problems that people is feeling their brains aren't 100% is the multitasking thing. Nowadays, people try to focus their mind in a ton of things, and eventually their brains have been conditioned to "fragment" themselves in several tasks. That's what I think.

Where did you get your facts from? Any scientist will tell you we are only using 10% of our brains and the smartest of the smart people maybe use 20%

Where did you get your facts from? Any scientist will tell you we are only using 10% of our brains and the smartest of the smart people maybe use 20%

No that is actually a myth. As you use different parts of your brain for different things you might not use all parts of your brain at the same time but you will use your whole brain during the day. It's not that 90 % of your brain is just unnecessary weight.

• 11 years later...
  • 3 months later...