The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What Are You Working On Currently?

What are you working on currently? Essay? Dissertation? Exam prep?

I am currently working on two essays that i had to defer due to bereavement. And the first one was a 4000 worded essay on Mental Health within the criminal Justice system and the second i am currently doing right now is a Human Rights report which is 3000 words.

Shoot me now lol, i have no summer.

You'll be fine Andrea! Words aren't actually as hard as they seem! I mean 2 pages is just over 1,000 words. :D I remember threating back when I was in school when my assignment in 2 parts had to be over 10,000 words. I was surprised when I had over 13,000. It's not quantity it's quality. Seriously! It won't be to hard, good luck my love! <3

Good luck, Andrea. What year are you in now? I imagine Human Rights and Mental Health in the scope of the criminal justice system is a complex and tough topic. If you really think about it, there is tons to write about within those two essays. You'll do well, I am sure!!!

---

Right now, I'm looking up culinary schools, planning to finish mixing my recording for something else; I also definitely want to finish this book I've been reading for three weeks called YOU'RE WEARING THAT? Understanding Mothers and Daughters in Conversation written by Deborah Tannen who is a sociolinguistics professor at Georgetown (as of 2006 anyway). Interesting book.

And yeah! I have Spanish work to do for my class; they want me on, teaching, for another four weeks. I can relax knowing I don't have to fit loads, and loads of information into a one hour session; but it's sooo much prep work :P . I do enjoy it though, so that isn't a complaint. ;)

Edited by Prongs

Yikes, that sucks. Two essays amounting to 7000 words is no fun for anybody. You have school in the summer too? Or is it college work?

Yup :( sucks majorly but i just cant wait to get rid of them and ill have some of my summer left. I have to do uni work in the summer because ive extended my essay deadlines due to something that happened.

You'll be fine Andrea! Words aren't actually as hard as they seem! I mean 2 pages is just over 1,000 words. :D I remember threating back when I was in school when my assignment in 2 parts had to be over 10,000 words. I was surprised when I had over 13,000. It's not quantity it's quality. Seriously! It won't be to hard, good luck my love! <3

Yeah i see your point, now im getting into it when i get over 1500 words i am starting to get there so yeah i see what you mean.

Good luck, Andrea. What year are you in now? I imagine Human Rights and Mental Health in the scope of the criminal justice system is a complex and tough topic. If you really think about it, there is tons to write about within those two essays. You'll do well, I am sure!!!

---

Right now, I'm looking up culinary schools, planning to finish mixing my recording for something else; I also definitely want to finish this book I've been reading for three weeks called YOU'RE WEARING THAT? Understanding Mothers and Daughters in Conversation written by Deborah Tannen who is a sociolinguistics professor at Georgetown (as of 2006 anyway). Interesting book.

And yeah! I have Spanish work to do for my class; they want me on, teaching, for another four weeks. I can relax knowing I don't have to fit loads, and loads of information into a one hour session; but it's sooo much prep work :P . I do enjoy it though, so that isn't a complaint. ;)

In my second year now, hopefully i pass these then i go into my third year. Yeah its a huge concept in teh criminal justice system, it is very broad but because of that its difficult because there is so much to write about. Thank you :)

oh wow that book does sound interesting,

We just spent a few weeks preparing/training to shoot a hockey game live, we were using the offical industry vans (Ones being used for the Rugby World Cup). We shoot it today. Was real good fun

ooo that sounds like fun.

Yup :( sucks majorly but i just cant wait to get rid of them and ill have some of my summer left. I have to do uni work in the summer because ive extended my essay deadlines due to something that happened.

Ah, I see. Well...good luck on them. I'm sure you'll do great. :D

We just spent a few weeks preparing/training to shoot a hockey game live, we were using the offical industry vans (Ones being used for the Rugby World Cup). We shoot it today. Was real good fun

AHH RUGBY WORLD CUP. I WANNA GOOOOO SO BADLY!!!! *ahem*. Anyway. I'm working on...well, does getting through a bunch of books count as "working on" something? It's not for school, just my own personal knowledge. One is called Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee which is about an infamous massacre of Lakota (Sioux) people in erm...1890 I believe. It was very, very sad. Roughly 200 Sioux were killed in the span of a few minutes, all because of a misunderstanding. I'm also going to watch the DVD of that tonight if I get the chance. Finally, the next book I'm going to read is called Black Elk Speaks, about a famous Sioux medicine man. I'm really looking forward to that one!

What else am I working on, hmmm. Starting my new uni in September, and working on figuring out where/how to study abroad. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished my part in the group assignment I'm working on for college. The first ever!!

Now I'm gonna read a bit in my books since I didn't have the energy to finish it all by yesterday (130 pages). I'm also going to start working on my assignment for the fashion course that I am taking. :)

<3

Right now I am working on 3 assignments.

One summery which is so simple for me. It's on this little article about gay marriage. My professor just wants us to get used to paraphrasing and not putting in our own opinions.

Then comes art class. We just finished an impossible project. Now we have one that's much more fun!!! We have to basically find 12 different big interesting shapes. Like from magazines anywhere. They have to be really cool, like a person. Or the negative space between pictures. Then we have to confine them to 6 then we combine them to 3 then we paint them. Then we draw them. Then we have to use a technique called stippling. Which is the most horrible thing on earth!!!!!!!!!!!

I am taking math online so I also have a bunch of assignments do on the 15th but those are super easy.

I believe there is an art history essay coming up soon too.

• 3 weeks later...

Not necessarily working on 'em right now but I'm in the process of doing:

case analysis presentation on McDonald's decline in profits for Strategic Marketing class

"NewShoes" strategy simulation for Strategic Marketing

product/company profile presentation on the evolution on Nintendo's Gameboy for Strategic Marketing

focus group analysis for Marketing Research

studying for a quiz for Operations Management (working on that now)

• 4 weeks later...

Starting my 10,000 word dissertation on mental health within the criminal justice system. Concentrating on the treatment of mentally ill offenders throughout history, using the poor laws, the lunancy act and now the mental health act legislation we have in place.

It is incredibly interesting, mental illness has always been interesting to me hence why i picked this as my dissertation topic. Plus i have one of the best mental health experts at my university as my dissertation supervisor. This will be a good year.

Starting my 10,000 word dissertation on mental health within the criminal justice system. Concentrating on the treatment of mentally ill offenders throughout history, using the poor laws, the lunancy act and now the mental health act legislation we have in place.

It is incredibly interesting, mental illness has always been interesting to me hence why i picked this as my dissertation topic. Plus i have one of the best mental health experts at my university as my dissertation supervisor. This will be a good year.

Preparing for the final term examinations.Now reviewing math and taxation.

I have to get high scores,because i wanna apply to get a postgraduate in a overseas university.I havent decided which country to go,maybe United Kingdom,America or Ausralia.The standard of requirement is high.And thus i have to spend more time academically.

Edited by Mia
  • 2 weeks later...

Preparing for the final term examinations.Now reviewing math and taxation.

I have to get high scores,because i wanna apply to get a postgraduate in a overseas university.I havent decided which country to go,maybe United Kingdom,America or Ausralia.The standard of requirement is high.And thus i have to spend more time academically.

There are a lot of Chinese exchange students taking graduate courses at my university. You should join them ;).

----

Currently here's what I'm working on:

-studying for Marketing Research exam

-also studying for Finance exam

-over-viewing and planning the simulation in Strategic Marketing

I'm getting through my blended class assignments, most of which are essays and a speech at the end of the semester, picking my classes wisely, and pretty much just figuring out how to be done with college as soon as possible!

this is just a portion of my FINAL for a Majors in Professional String Musician

The development of opera and related forms between 1600 and 1750 in Italy, France, and England, including the different circumstances and trends in each nation.

Sacred music in the Baroque period.

The origins and various uses of the concertato principle from Gabrieli to Bach.

National styles and traditions in Italy, France, Germany, England, and Spain and the Spanish New World

The development of solo instrumental music (keyboard and lute) from 1600 to 1750, including instruments used, forms and genres, playing styles, compositional styles, ornamentation, and mode.

The development of instrumental ensemble and orchestral music from the late 1500s to 1750, including instruments and ensembles used, forms and genres, playing styles, compositional styles, ornamentation, and mode.

Comparison of the careers, musical ideals, and styles of the major composers whose works we have studied. [in an essay question, the names will be supplied and may include any two of the following: Lully, Corelli, Vivaldi, Rameau, Bach, Handel.]

• 2 weeks later...

Creating a comprehensive survey for my Marketing Research class about how the uni communicates to the student body about events the school hosts. Just finished putting it up online. Once my professor reviews it and clears it to the dean, it will be administered campus wide. The results of the survey will be used for actual changes that the university will make in the future. Just putting it up online too me almost 6 hours but it took me and my group over a month developing it. It actually will be used for legitimate research purposes for the university so I'm pretty proud of actually doing it.

Edited by sirbenedictvs