The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I am having a hard time believing this. Personally, I believe that this so-called Anonymous video is a fake. My proof:

A ) the video was uploaded by some YouTube user, not Anonymous.

B ) Anonymous' official website (www.anonops.blogspot.com) shows absolutely no sign of the video. Anonymous likes to publicly show there latest hacks.

C ) Anonymous never gives their prey time to prepare for the hack. In other words, they hack, then release a video/statement about the hack.

D ) if it was true (Facebook selling info) then the FBI would be all over it.

E ) Anonymous videos aren't grainy. They're professional.

End result: some guy who hates Facebook but envies Anonymous wants to feel like he's apart of the organization. It's very easy to copy an Anonymous video

This exactly.

I am having a hard time believing this. Personally, I believe that this so-called Anonymous video is a fake. My proof:

B ) Anonymous' official website (www.anonops.blogspot.com) shows absolutely no sign of the video. Anonymous likes to publicly show there latest hacks.

C ) Anonymous never gives their prey time to prepare for the hack. In other words, they hack, then release a video/statement about the hack.

End result: some guy who hates Facebook but envies Anonymous wants to feel like he's apart of the organization. It's very easy to copy an Anonymous video

Yeah, This.

• 2 weeks later...

Governments knew enough about us to destroy our lives long before facebook, facebook does use our information to help businesses with targeted advertising but them google does the same thing with search patterns and the like. It's fairly common. To be honest I agree with ckravitz but I just wanted to point out that websites do use our info but in well known about and fairly common ways and that governments don't need help with collecting information on their own people.

To be fair if you put information on facebook which you don't mind everyone seeing then your a bit silly, I have my privacy settings set but I still don't put information on there which I would want to hide.

Even if they did shut down facebook, it would either come back or some other social networking site would take over, lets face it, we could live without it for a day or two :P

I actually hate facebook, I have it, but I hate it, when you see how other people use it and how many problems it causes for other people its just ridiculous

BUT WHAT IF ITS THE FBI BUYING THE INFORMATION!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! FBI CONSPIRACY OVERLOAD!!! :P

yeah I agree with you