The Emma-Watson.net Forum

what is the most expensive item in your closet?

hmmm.... I am realizing now its probably my Christian Louboutins... I have like 10 pairs because I am freaking obsessed. Or, it might be Jewelery. We are a big Tiffany and Co. family lol. That's what everyone gets for like every present lol.

hmmm.... I am realizing now its probably my Christian Louboutins... I have like 10 pairs because I am freaking obsessed.

So... you have almost $10,000 worth of Louboutin shoes. tsk tsk tsk :P

---

Come to think of it. The T-Touch watch I keep in my closet is prolly the most expensive I have. Ran me just about $900

Edited by sirbenedictvs

So... you have almost $10,000 worth of Louboutin shoes. tsk tsk tsk :P

---

Come to think of it. The T-Touch watch I keep in my closet is prolly the most expensive I have. Ran me just about $900

Not quite lol... not ever pair is $1,000 and believe it or not... they do go on sale!! Plus its not like I bought them all at once!!! this has been over at least 6 or 7 years. I work, save up, presents... you know. Its not like I though $1,000 out the window on shoes every week :P but when you like something, you invest in it!!! lol

Not quite lol... not ever pair is $1,000 and believe it or not... they do go on sale!! Plus its not like I bought them all at once!!! this has been over at least 6 or 7 years. I work, save up, presents... you know. Its not like I throw $1,000 out the window on shoes every week :P but when you like something, you invest in it!!! lol

Understandable lol. Well I only see Louboutins at Niemann Marcus and as you know they never go on sale so... I guess I've never noticed. But still, whenever I see a woman walking round the mall; quick look at her and see the red soles. I need to squeeze money off her to buy stuff from my store lol. But yeah I have almost 3 grand worth of Burberry stuff I've gotten over the year, but I hear ya :D

Understandable lol. Well I only see Louboutins at Niemann Marcus and as you know they never go on sale so... I guess I've never noticed. But still, whenever I see a woman walking round the mall; quick look at her and see the red soles. I need to squeeze money off her to buy stuff from my store lol. But yeah I have almost 3 grand worth of Burberry stuff I've gotten over the year, but I hear ya :D

Actually Neiman Marcus is where I got them on sale!!! They only go for like %40 off, but still!! Hahahaha yeah I can picture you looking down at everyones shoes!!! Yeah so you don't get too make fun of me Mr. Burberry!!!! And, I am sure you have other expensive stuff too. Because you have good taste! lol

Weird as it may sound i hate spending that much money on clothes/accessories. I think it's kinda ridiculous, i mean what for? You literally pay the name of the brand not the fabric. Besides when i buy something expensive i get this phobia that i might spill something on it or i'm going to ruin it or something so i end up not wearing. Like ever lol.

The most expensive things i own are my black leather jacket which was 280 euros, but totally worth it and a pair of Levi's jeans -i know they're cheap over at the states, but here they're really expensive- which was 108 euros 3 years ago.

Weird as it may sound i hate spending that much money on clothes/accessories. I think it's kinda ridiculous, i mean what for? You literally pay the name of the brand not the fabric.

It depends. I'm a believer of the "you get what you pay for" saying. There are certain things that worth that much in quality. I have a few pairs of Oakley Juliets which I paid $350 on each. One pair I pretty much abused (dropped from the 5th floor of a hotel, fell from my car on the highway, etc) and they haven't and won't break; maybe change out the lenses once in a while. A similar pair my friend took with him to Afghanistan survived the deployment even after 2 IED attacks. I've bought an overcoat that only ran me $40 but ended up falling apart after a few weeks or so (stitching coming undone, buttons falling off). The next year I bought a peacoat that was about $200; I didn't baby it and treated it like the rest of my clothing... it didn't fall apart. Good quality fabric, stitching wasn't half-assed, and it just didn't feel like a cheap material. Albeit there are exceptions.

• 2 weeks later...

My entire wardrobe is a accountants worst nightmare lol.

I inherited two Chanel jackets of my mother when she died, so they are priceless to me but probably worth thousands. But anything I have ever bought though, its a toughie. Because everything I buy is very expensive so they probably match each other. My handbag and dress collection is probably worth thouuuusands of pounds together.

I tend to go designer for my handbags and dresses - but there is a reason for this, because bags and dresses can always come back into fashion or turn into vintage.

For everyday wear I tend to highstreet it, but even so some of them tops and jeans i own are expensive.

Shoes i have a mixture of designers and highstreets. My favourite shoes are my knee high black leather Louboutins.

• 2 years later...

I actually have hard times spending a lot of money on clothe, mainly because I prefer quantity to quality x)

To give you an idea, I don't spend more than 20€ on pants, more than 10€ on a top, more than 20€ on a sweater... 

I however "invested" in a winter coat by Mango that cost me 115€ (which is 3 times the price I was at first ready to spend on a coat). Now it HAS to last for at least 10 years haha !

Edited by Thessalie
  • 1 year later...