The Emma-Watson.net Forum

so nervous!

i have 3 days of orientation activities this week with my new college. i'm pretty nervous because i'll be surrounded by people that i don't know and everything. has anyone done this before with their school? what's it like?

this is scary!! we're doing all these activities and stuff and i hope it's not awkward! i hope i make some friends :( luckily my mom gets to come to the wednesday one! so i can just hang with my mom that day hahah

i wish we were going to the same uni! we'd have eachother! haha

Edited by Ashley

this is scary!! we're doing all these activities and stuff and i hope it's not awkward! i hope i make some friends :( luckily my mom gets to come to the wednesday one! so i can just hang with my mom that day hahah

i wish we were going to the same uni! we'd have eachother! haha

I am sure it will be awkward at first! But, the important thing to remember is that everyone feels the same way as you!!! And, you will make friends!!!! Ah your so lucky you have your mum with you!!!

aw me too!!!! lol that would be so cool!!!

I am so nervous!! I am living at home (which is by myself lol) so its scary!!! I wish I had someone to go with me the first day!!!

ME TOO!!! I keep having the weirdest dreams about it!!! lol

I am going to a local State school because I got a ton of credits from the year of school I did in Israel. So I am also a transfer student which is scary, because I have never been to college. So I dont want people to assume I know what I am doing!!! lol

you??

i have 3 days of orientation activities this week with my new college. i'm pretty nervous because i'll be surrounded by people that i don't know and everything. has anyone done this before with their school? what's it like?

I have this in 2 weeks! Let me know how it goes m'love!

ME TOO!!! I keep having the weirdest dreams about it!!! lol

I am going to a local State school because I got a ton of credits from the year of school I did in Israel. So I am also a transfer student which is scary, because I have never been to college. So I dont want people to assume I know what I am doing!!! lol

you??

haha i haven't had any weird dreams.....yet hahah when are your orientations?

and ohh i totally know how you feel ! i'm a transfer student as well! i went to the local community college, which is basically like an older version of high school...haha i'm going to Regent University now! i don't want them to think i know what i'm doing either because i really dont! haha.

I have this in 2 weeks! Let me know how it goes m'love!

okay! i will!

HOLY COW, I AM SO SCARED FOR MY ORIENTATION WEEK! It starts the 24th. My high school only had about 40 people from grades 7-12 and the school I'm going to this fall has 4,000 people living on campus! :wacko:

I know I'm gonna get lost a million times. I'm hoping my roommate is nice D:

btw, I'll be in Pennsylvania.

I'm getting a stomach ache just thinking of it >.<

Edited by mischief.managed

@Ashley, Aw well lucky you!!! hahahahaa. They don't really have an orientation week and since I am a transfer student I was not required to go to orientation. I am so nervous though. Like, I have no idea what to do!!!! lol Aw wow thats so nice!!! We are in the same boat lol

@Sammy, SAME!!! I went to private school my whole life and we were the biggest class at 43. I have no idea how to go to school with such big classes!!! I am so nervous!!! I am going to a pretty small school, but I am sure I will get lost all the time lol. Good luck!!! You will do great hun!!! Don't get a stomach ache!!! Just relax you will be amazing!!!

Same here. Going to uni in three weeks. I have chosen not to participate in the general introduction week. I am, however, going to the introduction of the faculty, and I'll go on a weekend with my fellow students. Don't feel that nervous yet, but I'm sure I will when it comes closer...I wish you all good luck, don't worry too much about it, just be yourself, be open towards other people. No doubt you'll make friends :).

I went to private school my whole life and we were the biggest class at 43. I have no idea how to go to school with such big classes!!! I am so nervous!!! I am going to a pretty small school, but I am sure I will get lost all the time lol. Good luck!!! You will do great hun!!! Don't get a stomach ache!!! Just relax you will be amazing!!!

If at a US university, the auditorium style classroom with maybe 200-400 students can be quite intimidating. But believe me that you'll get used to it. Eventually your classes will start to shrink as the semesters pass.

HOLY COW, I AM SO SCARED FOR MY ORIENTATION WEEK! It starts the 24th. My high school only had about 40 people from grades 7-12 and the school I'm going to this fall has 4,000 people living on campus! :wacko:

I know I'm gonna get lost a million times. I'm hoping my roommate is nice D:

btw, I'll be in Pennsylvania.

I'm getting a stomach ache just thinking of it >.<

i bet your roommate will be awesome! :D what school are you going to?>

Haha, They aren't that bad. Granted my uni is small. But don't be frightened going into it. Because then you will always be afraid of it. Go in thinking of how cool its going to be and what not.

In a week or so you will know your way around and everything will be all good

@Sammy, SAME!!! I went to private school my whole life and we were the biggest class at 43. I have no idea how to go to school with such big classes!!! I am so nervous!!! I am going to a pretty small school, but I am sure I will get lost all the time lol. Good luck!!! You will do great hun!!! Don't get a stomach ache!!! Just relax you will be amazing!!!

Haha, I meant there were 45 people from grades 7-12. I graduated in a class of 4, myself included. So it's a big transition! :o

i bet your roommate will be awesome! :D what school are you going to?>

Hopefully we'll get along, eh? Kutztown University.

Which uni in Pennsylvania? Penn State?

Nooooo man xD Two of my friends go there though. I really wanted to go there a few years ago, but I decided against applying. I'm going to Kutztown University.

Nooooo man xD Two of my friends go there though. I really wanted to go there a few years ago, but I decided against applying. I'm going to Kutztown University.

Ah ok, nevermind then xD. I'm seriously thinking on going there (transferred). Well, I hope you girls get well on college!

Ma orientation will be in 20th of sep. And seriously I'm not excited at all to meet much people who I don't know :mellow: it's going to be kinda awkward I guess, but the good thing that ma friend will be with me~

Edited by Dreamzy

Ah ok, nevermind then xD. I'm seriously thinking on going there (transferred). Well, I hope you girls get well on college!

I seriously hope you get in! Penn State is a really good school :D

@Sammy, WOW and here I thought I went to the smallest school ever!!!

I think it's safe to say that I went to one of the smallest schools in the country :ph34r:

Ma orientation will be in 20th of sep. And seriously I'm not excited at all to meet much people who I don't know :mellow: it's going to be kinda awkward I guess, but the good thing that ma friend will be with me~

That attitude probably wont make it easier! Try be friends with everybody!

Everybody: chill!

Try not to work yourself up, because everything will work out for you in the end.

Trust me, I consider myself a professional at this, because I've been through this twice. I got my bachelor at one university and am now enrolled at another university to work on my master.

There will be quite a lot of chaos during the first days, but that's what university is like. I've been there for four years, and I still get confused with how things work at times. The bright side is: nobody cares, because they all face the same problems. And this includes staff members and professors, if my impression is correct. Don't feel stupid just because you ended up in the wrong room for a class, it has happened to everybody at some point.

Just go with it and you will be fine. Participate in as many activities during orientation week as you possibly can, so you get to know people, the campus and you new hometown.

It also helps to use social networks wisely. Try to find a group for your university and your field of study and contact people who seem to be new there as well. You might be able to meet over a cup of coffee (or your preferred drink) the week before it officially starts, so you have someone to rely on when you have trouble finding that place where you can get those plastic cards you need to make a copy in the library and so on.

In case of emergency (aka panic attack): Breath, get out of there and remember that you are not alone. People around you might be able to keep up that straight face (just like you), but they probably have the same emotions. Just have your mobile phone nearby and call home!

:3m_sie: