The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Q: What (in your opinion) was the toughest assignment you have ever gotten in school/college? If you can, describe the assignment that you were required to do. How well did you do on it?

So, my answer...hm...I would have to say it would have to be the final assignment in one of my accounting classes in college. I had to come up with a fictionalized company and with the given numbers that I had, I had to come up with a balance sheet, a statement of cash flows and an income statement for my company. I also had to come up with ways that I could improve my company financially. Turning it in late was not an option. If I turned the final project in late, I got a zero. I managed to turn it in on time, but I only got a 50% on it.

Toss up between a 30 page research paper on Napoleon (in high school) that had to have a minimum of 20 sources, and a 100 page critical edition of The Catcher in the Rye (college). I wouldn't really say either were extremely hard but both were vastly time consuming. Got A's on both.

Toughest assignment was from high school ap history. We were each assigned a different region and we had to write a 30 page research paper, make a slideshow, and present a 20 minute speech. I had central asia. It was really interesting but we only had like 3 weeks to do it and it was during APs. I got a 95 which I was thrilled with. Most people didn't even finish.

My toughest one will be my dissertation for my third year of university, I have already started planning it. It is a 10,000 worded paper and can be on anything I want it to be regarding Criminology though lol.

That thing will definitely bring out spots/grey hair/bad eating habits lol. But I will power through I hope.

Toughest one was 3rd year of college. I had to dο an assignment on the postwar greek poets (1944-1974) write a bit about the era and then choose a specific one and write everything about him, biography ergography etc. I had to be extra careful, when i referred to a poetic collection it had to be in italic, when i referred to a poem it had to be bold. The prose works had to be in a different section than the poems of course.

I should also include lost or unedited poems and all that in order from the oldest one to the newest one. I should use sources of critics throughout the years and references to that sources. I had to check up every library to find all these sources, because our teacher didn't "trust" the online sources. I had to make so many copies of books and magazines and sum all this information up.

Also if we happen to choose a poet who was still alive we had to go and interviewed them, or just ask some small stuff. I had to travel all the way to the North, 9 hours travel. But it was amazing talking to him. I gained a lot (:

Edited by He is Not Purple

heh well, this is like NOTHING compared to you guys' (WHAT UNIS DO YOU GUYS GO TO, JEEZ!!! I've never had to do anything as tough as 30 page papers!!) but in junior year high school, AP english, we had to read huck finn and write a research paper on it. Now, this was a TON of work. we had to have like notecards with so many quotes on them, etc. and i wrote this SICK paper on how jim was a slave in the literal sense of the word but huck's a slave to society and i got a 75 on it! There were no comments or anything, i SWEAR TO GOD he just marked the grammar - which was good but apparently I indented my quotes too much. W.T.F. I WAS SO MAD. I had worked so hard on that paper and *POOF* all that hard work was gone.

-__-. I'm still mad about it.

I would say a research assignment on multiple sclerosis. Only my second year at uni and I had to put together a twenty page presentation on MS ranging from what it is to where the current research is. The thing that made it hard though was being so early in my scientific education and having to make the huge leap from textbooks to primary literature (journals and so on) and then present the information without compromising the content while still making it accessible to people who are listening to the presentation who didn't necessarily know anything about MS at all. I suddenly had a great deal of respect for the lecturers lol.

• 1 month later...

My hardest assignment is write a solo&duet for violin (violin and cello) in 6 weeks.

I know I can write music for myself but trying to write a small duet for an instrument I've never played and finding the write chimes and octaves sucks! I was working with my partner for probably 4 hours a day trying to work it out.

It counted for 20% of my grade for Advanced Musical Strings Class

• 12 years later...