#41 Maestro

Maestro

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,156 posts
  • Mood::Shiny!
  • LocationRoom 313

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:59 PM

Recently reserved the Animus edition of Revelations. Really looking forward to that one. Altair coming back, new setting. Don't know if I'm that big on the hook blade. In the gameplay trailer of the E3 they already used it too much if you ask me. Ah well, we shall see. The action sequence was pretty cool though.

Posted Image

The M.A.D. Files - Talking about games, films, games, life, games, internet and games
Is it a bird?! Is it a plane?! Is it Superman?! No, it's Maestro's twitter!
He also makes videos...so if you would want to watch them...probably not...

He's immortal, born in the lowlands of the Netherlands 33 years ago, he's not alone, there are others like him, some good, some evil, for decades he has battled the forces of darkness with Emma-Watson.net his only refuge. He cannot die, unless you take his head and with it his admin powers, in the end there can be only one, he's Maestro - The Forum Admin

#42 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

I do really like assassin's creed but it's too easy. It's a decent game but for trophie rating for 2 and 3 i'd give it a 3. It's a decent game but I wished I'd rented it. I completed these in 2 days.

#43 boyle111

boyle111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

I've never completed Assassin's Creed 1, sadly. I thought it was a really good game but I never felt like going back to play it. The sequel was great and seemed to improve on a lot of things, especially the repetition. I think the second one is by far the best. I got Brotherhood at Christmas but I've hardly played it for some reason. I played some multiplayer and liked it, plus the single player seemed good too, but I just can't be bothered playing it for some reason. I think I'm looking forward to the proper sequel (Assassin's Creed 3) with hopefully new locations and characters rather than these 'spin-offs'.

#44 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

The second one is the best of all 3 but I'm hoping the final and 4th one beats all of them. :P

#45 Maestro

Maestro

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationRoom 313

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

Gameplay wise I think that Brotherhood is the best. Story wise I like AC 1 the best. Mostly because I don't really like Ezio. What bothered me in AC2 is that at one point I was hardly aware why I was killing certain targets. Something they did better in the first one I think. Although I'm looking forward to Revelations I hope we have more Altair in that one.

Posted Image

The M.A.D. Files - Talking about games, films, games, life, games, internet and games

He's immortal, born in the lowlands of the Netherlands 33 years ago, he's not alone, there are others like him, some good, some evil, for decades he has battled the forces of darkness with Emma-Watson.net his only refuge. He cannot die, unless you take his head and with it his admin powers, in the end there can be only one, he's Maestro - The Forum Admin

#46 Sgt Harbinger

Sgt Harbinger

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

So um...I got AC1 last week, because I already beat Pop-The Forgotten Sands. So, I thought Assassin's Creed would be something similar to PoP. Um...well it is but...I'm not grasping the concept of it. Why am I killing these people?

I got a mission to kill 9 people. They're all over the town I guess. I can't even find the first one. And what's the reasoning behind killing these 9 people? Did they break the creed? And why did I get demoted? I got demoted unwillingly at the beginning of the game and lost a bunch of stuff.

I guess I'm not...grasping the concept of the game just yet. I bought it, started playing it, and now I'm stuck on this first person. Does everybody else have the problem of not being able to follow the storyline? Or is it just the fact that I'm still a rookie at fighting games and can't figure it out?

Edited by Turbo, 09 August 2011 - 05:53 PM.

#47 Maestro

Maestro

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationRoom 313

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

You kill those people because you are ordered too. You as Desmond who is reliving Altair's memories don't know what the reason is why you have to kill those people. That will be explained later.

When you get into the city you first need to find the Assassin's bureau. Find a the marker on the map with the eagle on it and climb that tower to synchronize the viewpoint. Once done you will find the bureau on the map. Go there to get some clues how to find your target. The thing is though. The actual assassination is like a separate memory and will only occur when you have found all the clues you need.

Posted Image

#48 Sgt Harbinger

Sgt Harbinger

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

Okay, so I guess I'm still in the "Prince of Persia" mindset. Each objective in PoP was pretty straightforward. In Assassin's Creed, I'm guessing it's different? I'm guessing each objective has "sub-objectives" leading up to the real thing. So, why did I get demoted and...almost killed at the beginning of the game?

#49 Maestro

Maestro

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationRoom 313

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:12 PM

Well, you broke the creed.

- Stay your Blade from the Flesh of an Innocent

You killed an innocent man

- Hide in Plain Sight

You made your presence known to Robert De Sable

- Never Compromise the Brotherhood

Due to your actions Robert attacked Masyaf killing innocents and members of the order.

Breaking the Creed warrants the death sentence but the grand master decided otherwise.

PoP is pretty linear of a game. Assassin's Creed is normally considered an open world game. You decide in what order you do things as long as you reach your goals.

Posted Image

#50 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

Maestro pretty much said it all. :P

#51 D Man Taylor

D Man Taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:11 AM

Have you guys seen the new "Ezio and Altair" trailer for AC: Revelations? Personally it's one of my favorite game franchises and I couldn't be more excited for it! If you haven't here it is:

Nov 15th cannot come soon enough!!!
See it for yourself:

http://www.barkcity.net/

#52 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

I platinumed these games and I have to do it again. PUFFT!

#53 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • Mood::Rock n Roll
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:02 AM

did u get to platinumed Revelations? i'll call you the Queen of Gamers lol i platinumed the second and cant b bothered doing Brotherhood and Revelations, since half of the trophies/achievements are online related.

anyways, the third installment of Assassin's Creed is on the way, cant wait to play it. they say we play as Desmond instead of his ancestor but who knows, cant wait lol
Take Me Down to the Paradise City Iii|; )

Posted ImagePosted Image
the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the beauty of her face, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides

Twins: Arie <3.Children: Denisse and Tom Sister:Alex, Kim, Karen.
Niece: Amby Brother: Chandler, P.Jon is my grandad.Dina is the amazing kouhai.

#54 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

Yeah I platinumed the second one easy. I never played online with the others though. I gained all trophies offline related but as for online. Did not even bother.

What do you mean the third installment?

#55 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:08 AM

i mean they making Assassin's Creed III

Posted ImagePosted Image
the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the beauty of her face, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart - the place where love resides

#56 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Odd?? As Revelations was the fourth....

#57 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:08 AM

not really, Brotherhood and Revelations are parts of Assassin's Creed II

Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • 20,065 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

I'm saying though. They go in order.

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed: II
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Revelataions

I have seen/heard nothing about a '3rd' but a 5th is just rumoured. It was meant to end with Revelations. Sorry to burst your bubble haha.

Edited by Hermione, 22 February 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#59 Slash

Slash

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts
  • LocationIn Chat

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

well if you put it in order then yeah its the fifth one
this where i get the info from, gotta love youtube lol

http://au.ps3.ign.co.../1218767p1.html

and its all good, u didnt burst my bubble, the bubble still intact ;p

edit: the chick's pretty cute lol

Edited by Slash, 22 February 2012 - 12:03 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#60 I am Not Purple

I am Not Purple

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Mood::meh
  • LocationThe Pale Blue Dot

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Awesome. Set in the American Revolutionary War. :D

Yin-Yang_klein.gif I'm Yang, Dina is Yin

Aunt: Arie