The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What is your job position?

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does anyone else here work? If so, what is your position? Do you like it?

If you don't, is it because you're not legal yet to work? Or is it because you're keeping yourself busy at school/college? Other reasons?

If you want to ensure your privacy, please don't state the name of the company you work for. Just position and/or duties. :]

Edited by Bagel of Death

I work part time at Sainsbury's. I am a team leader on checkouts, which means i stand around managing the staff on a daily basis, do admin, deal with the money, customer complaints and general customer stuff really.

I do this stressful job on top of my uni work, but the only reason I do it is because its great experience.

Nutritionist and Personal Trainer.

May I hire you? :P

As for me, I'm a secretary/administrative assistant at a car dealership and a law office. I like them both for different reasons: the car dealership is a super lenient atmosphere I can even work on my homework and as for the law office even though I'm always swamped with work it's interesting to learn about the law and I am minoring in political science so the experience helps a lot. I also go to school, though most of my classes are in the evening.

I just finished high school this year and I'll be starting college this fall.

However, when I was in high school, I was paid for photographing family portraits. Wouldn't say that was a "job" though.

Eh, this year I'm not working because Film School is to hard out.

But before this year I've been working part time since 2005.

3 years as a cleaner, 1 year as a kitchen cleaner and 1 year as a grocery assistant.

I have a job. But I haven't started it yet. I have to attend two courses first. The first course is next week.

I will be working as a "nanny". I will have to fetch the kids from school/daycare. Take them home and give them a snack and watch them until the parents get home from work. I am hired through a company so... I'm also starting college this year. I'm SO excited!! :ohyeah:

Edited by I.SetFire2TheRain
  • 2 years later...

I worked as a Counter Inquiry Clerk or C.I.C on a Mall, Department Store. My job is to deal with check or credit/debit cards local and international which is being used as a tender of payment on our cashiers. We call the bank for card approval's or problem on the cards, mostly with international cards because its not issued here *Philippines*.  ;) And I dont know why, but mostly Americans and Chinese are the people having problem with their cards for example the card is "Do Not Honour" , "Declined" , "Pick Up Card" or "Call Voice Center" we CIC's will call the authorizer of their bank for the approval. But sometimes the authorizer's will direct us to tell the cardholder that they must settle first their accounts on their bank AND that's the time that the foreigners will blame us, curse us, and even demand that we're not fit for the job etc.  :wacko: and I hate that part.  :ph34r:

Anyways, I do love my job, it helps me to build self confidence and interact with different kinds of people with different attitudes. And helps me to decide on my own. It also helps me to practice English Language.  :)

I do dishes, peel potatoes and peel carrots and do odd-jobs, and whatnot at a local restaurant. It's part-time... I wish it was full time. I didn't go to university because I don't know what I want to do. I'm starting to slowly figure it out now... so maybe I can go somewhere this January? Maybe? 

Do I like it? Meh. My bosses are nice people and my co-workers are great. But the job itself......... If i quit, I wouldn't miss it.

Whoa, talk about a dead topic.

Currently working 3 jobs (technically 4 but I haven't clocked any hours at the 4th in almost 3 weeks but I'm still on the payroll). I work visual/store merchandising for Banana Republic at the moment, seasonal fencing coach at a private school, and part-time fencing coach at the club I fenced with.

I am currently looking for an office/corporate-level position since I graduated from university but haven't had any luck yet.

Edited by The Midnight Q
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I worked as a Counter Inquiry Clerk or C.I.C on a Mall, Department Store. My job is to deal with check or credit/debit cards local and international which is being used as a tender of payment on our cashiers. We call the bank for card approval's or problem on the cards, mostly with international cards because its not issued here *Philippines*.  ;) And I dont know why, but mostly Americans and Chinese are the people having problem with their cards for example the card is "Do Not Honour" , "Declined" , "Pick Up Card" or "Call Voice Center" we CIC's will call the authorizer of their bank for the approval. But sometimes the authorizer's will direct us to tell the cardholder that they must settle first their accounts on their bank AND that's the time that the foreigners will blame us, curse us, and even demand that we're not fit for the job etc.  :wacko: and I hate that part.  :ph34r:

Anyways, I do love my job, it helps me to build self confidence and interact with different kinds of people with different attitudes. And helps me to decide on my own. It also helps me to practice English Language.  :)

^resigned from this work last February. I got a new job though, a more complicated one. It kinda relate to my old job, it's complicated and hard but pays alright.

I'm a fraud analyst, to make it short about the job details:

* we gather information/evidence from a relevant source, analyze, obtain reports and produce evidences, and testify on the alleged fraud at the court.

I'm 17 but I already had a job like 2 years ago and I enjoyed it. Even though I was doing the same thing all the time. 

But I'm not working right now. I want to finish high school first and then I guess I'll find a job.

I'm a fraud analyst, to make it short about the job details:

* we gather information/evidence from a relevant source, analyze, obtain reports and produce evidences, and testify on the alleged fraud at the court.

Oh wow, that sounds pretty cool! How did you get into a job like that?

I work as an quality control assistant for an oil company. Worked here for a little over 2 years.

^ congratulations thessalie! ;)

Oh wow, that sounds pretty cool! How did you get into a job like that?

I work as an quality control assistant for an oil company. Worked here for a little over 2 years.

Well I have experienced dealing with fraudsters and fraud cards on my previous work, so my friend told me about it. Had an exam online, then someone called that I was scheduled for interview. I had 2 interviews, and that's it :P It only sounds cool but it's a tough job.

Sounds like you have a better job than me. ^_^