The Emma-Watson.net Forum

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yep during elementary school. I was so good at faking things :P

I went outside next to an abandonned garden plot and there is this plant called nettle? (i'm not sure about the english term) that if you rub it against your skin it becomes red and really warm and itches. So i rubbed it in my armpits, that's where we used to put the thermometer so we can see how much fever we have. And i was literally burning in fever :P My mom went crazy haha. I missed school though so everything was well.

I went outside next to an abandonned garden plot and there is this plant called nettle? (i'm not sure about the english term) that if you rub it against your skin it becomes red and really warm and itches. So i rubbed it in my armpits, that's where we used to put the thermometer so we can see how much fever we have. And i was literally burning in fever :P My mom went crazy haha. I missed school though so everything was well.

Poison ivy? :blink:

I fully relied on acting skillz. Yeah. xD

In upper secondary high school (or what you say) I was sick every Thursday, because Wednesday was bar-night :P Once my teacher in Science asked me if I went in the class...

But naa, it wasn't always hangover. Upper secondary high school was bad years for me and I faked sick a lot.

I never COULD fake it. My mom is too good at knowing whether I was telling the truth or not. But alot of the times I would go to my P.E classes just for admittance, but then I wouldn't participate because "I forgot my stuff at home" or "I had a sore throat". All because I HATED my teacher. Sometimes I would skip individual classes, but I've never skipped a whole day.

Now that I'm in college (it was my second day today) It is not necessary since classes aren't compulsory, but you really do gain alot by going so..;)

I've never faked being sick to get out of school (believe it or not), but I have faked it to get off work.

I have co-workers that ask me to come in earlier than scheduled because they're "sick" (for some reason they get sick a lot on Friday nights), I always make it a point to come in at least 30 minutes later than scheduled whenever they call me.

I have co-workers that ask me to come in earlier than scheduled because they're "sick" (for some reason they get sick a lot on Friday nights), I always make it a point to come in at least 30 minutes later than scheduled whenever they call me.

It's kinda of a good thing/bad thing for you; yes you have to come in earlier or cancel plans if you accept, but it guarantees extra hours for you (possibly overtime)

I used to call off work back then because I money wasn't a big concern for me; I was living with my folks, wasn't paying rent, and they still gave me an allowance for doing chores. Still irresponsible from my part, but I don't really mind. Least I didn't put work over school.

But with this very tough economy I wouldn't dream of calling in sick; crazy as it sounds I dread even losing 2 hours out of my paycheck. :lostit:

• 12 years later...