The Emma-Watson.net Forum

How Sweet Is Emma

Found this quote in an article the other day.

In response, Emma told the boys, "I just said, 'I'm really sorry, but I'm here to study and I just want to be a student. Would it be okay if I don't sign, because you'll be seeing me around all the time anyway?'"

Always the perfect lady. Even when she's turning you down she's sweet.

Here's the link to the whole article: Linky Dink

wow. she is sooo perfecttttt.

im just really suprised at ho many people actually are kind to her and in one article, she had her bday party, and nonone posted pictures of it...

im just suprised how they are just kind.

really.

she's EMMA WATSON for god's sakes, people go crazy after her.

I am glad that people are actually treating Emma normally now. Personally, I think there is a time and place to ask for autographs and pictures. If it's a premiere or public appearance, then sure go ahead. But in a private setting? It's probably better just to try and strike up a normal conversation as long as she's not already in a conversation with others or busy with something else.

• 2 weeks later...

KS987-- I wholeheartedly agree. There is a time and place for everything, including asking for autographs. I mean, com'on, you have to be sort of thick to walk up to Emma ON campus and ask for an autograph. School is school, no matter which way you cut it and who is attending. You're there to get an education.

I think she did a pretty good job wording it properly.

My sister and I were in New York about a year or so ago and we bumped into Dee Snider (he's the lead of the metal band Twisted Sister, if you've never heard of him) and we got about a half block down when my sister abruptly halted in the middle of the sidewalk (I nearly walked INTO her) and she goes, "THAT was DEE SNIDER! Should I walk back and ask for an autograph?!"

I looked back and noticed he was with his family and advised her against it. We kept walking.

:)

I can definitely see why Emma would say that, it was a nice way for her to let them down. I think they are brave though, to me it would seem kind of strange to go upto a fellow student and ask for their autograph, I guess it is the one place where Emma can just live a normal life, away from everything else and I can respect that.

• 2 weeks later...

wow. she is sooo perfecttttt.

im just really suprised at ho many people actually are kind to her and in one article, she had her bday party, and nonone posted pictures of it...

im just suprised how they are just kind.

really.

she's EMMA WATSON for god's sakes, people go crazy after her.

That's not the point. She may be EMMA WATSON but she's still a normal person, and she deserves to be treated as such. I'm very proud of her friends that didn't put her pictures up on facebook, if it were me I wouldn't even think about it, I'd keep my pictures between myself and Emma. Most people can't wait to gloat about the fact that they are friends with someone famous, it's not the world's business in my opinion. I'm really happy that she's found a group of friends whom she can trust and don't treat her like she's a celebrity, because I'm sure all she wants is to just be like everyone else.

I am glad that people are actually treating Emma normally now. Personally, I think there is a time and place to ask for autographs and pictures. If it's a premiere or public appearance, then sure go ahead. But in a private setting? It's probably better just to try and strike up a normal conversation as long as she's not already in a conversation with others or busy with something else.

Agreed 100%.

No doubt Emma is a unique person!!!But this doesn't means that she hasn't got the right to act normal like any other person

in the world!!Sometimes even Stars need to stay out of the public eye and act like me or like you!!!And i'm very proud that Emma entered the Brown!!In my view she deserves it!!!

to me it would seem kind of strange to go upto a fellow student and ask for their autograph

I know, it'd feel odd! I mean, at the end of the day, when you ask somebody for an autograph (and trust me, I have on numerous occasions), you kind of put them on a pedestal while you put yourself down a little bit. I don't know if that makes sense. Anyway, what I wanted to say is that I wouldn't want to publicly put a fellow student, who's going to be around for four years, on a pedestal, no matter how much I admire them. If you are both freshers in college, then you're equals when it comes to being a student and that's what matters.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that I wouldn't want to publicly put a fellow student, who's going to be around for four years, on a pedestal, no matter how much I admire them. If you are both freshers in college, then you're equals when it comes to being a student and that's what matters.

Exactly, at college you are equals and are there for the same reason, but Emma also wants to live as normal life as possible, the same life that most young people her age get. I respect that, and I think most people do too. As a fan, I would feel privileged enough just to get to see another side of Emma that we perhaps wouldn't see otherwise, but I would let her get on with it. The time for autographs is at premieres, events or visiting the set etc.

I've never understood the autograph thing. I mean, it's somebody's name written on a piece of paper. It could be a forgery for all you know. But I especially don't understand it in this situation. You're going to be attending class with this girl, walking around campus with her, seeing her possibly talking to her etc. but you want her name written down a piece of paper. You've got the real girl with you right there and you're going to be coexisting with her on a daily basis. Why would you need her autograph?

I've never understood the autograph thing. I mean, it's somebody's name written on a piece of paper. It could be a forgery for all you know. But I especially don't understand it in this situation. You're going to be attending class with this girl, walking around campus with her, seeing her possibly talking to her etc. but you want her name written down a piece of paper. You've got the real girl with you right there and you're going to be coexisting with her on a daily basis. Why would you need her autograph?

I understand why people like to collect autographs in person, if it is someone that you really admire it's like a memento and just adds to the memory of you meeting them. I have a few autographs myself which I have collected in person, including Emma's when she signed my copy of Half-Blood Prince. It's nice to have a book or a CD which has been signed as it adds a personal touch.

I do believe that there is a time and a place for it though and university isn't one of them, it's one of the few places where Emma can get away from it all and live as normal life as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 12 years later...