The Emma-Watson.net Forum

30 Seconds to Mars

I can't believe there isn't a topic for them!

In my opinion, this band is truly amazing and all of their songs have some kind of message in them.

There are rumors going around that they're gonna break up but in every interview I've seen or read from them about the situation, it just sounds like they'r taking a break.

Here's a clip from an interview with MTV Canada

I hate them! I actually do, I saw them at Leeds fest and i will say they know how to put on a show, but they did not preform their songs well at all, plus their songs were very dull, my boyfriend claims that they have two good songs but they didn't preform them well, but i think thats giving them a little too much credit. The kill and kings and queens are okay songs, but jesus christ they are dull, which is shocking considering they are the best songs they have.

As for them taking a break, it makes sense considering jarred leto does it makes sense that they would have to go for long periods with a break, also explains the showmanship

I feel I added quite a lot to the discussion really :P Yes I do hate them and I admitted that, but I didn't just express my hate. I do admire their showmanship, like I say-they defiantly did put on a very good show. I just personally do not appreciate their music (the two songs I mentioned are okay, but I just think they're overrated). Although its not a good point about them, I also just pointed out that despite their ability to put on a good show, they didn't actually perform their own songs very well.

I know loads of people absolutely love them. I just think its a shame really I suppose. They do have potential I will give them that. They just need to improve their live performances and also get a little more daring with the song writing, as its all very samey and predictable.

They could have been amazing, I will give them that.

I love them, been a fan since 2005 and this is the first time i saw them live. I'm a true Echelon. The thing i love about them is that they are really close to their fans. Especially in their TIW album all the background voices we listen in Vox Populi, Hurricane, This is war, Closer to the edge etc are actually some of their fans who were randomly selected. Their talent is massive and i don't care what everyone else says. Jared's voice is unique. I've heard him singing live and his voice sounds amazing. And the energy all 3 of them put on stage is amazing. I enjoyed their show so much. Not to mention that they are really good people. During the meet and greet, even they were so tired after the show they stil sat with us talked to us took a picture with us. They were incredible.

The show was really good. They didn't play all their songs ofc--they never do. But they played mostly TIW since it was CTTE tour.

I love all of their songs, seriously every single one has a diferent feeling. All of them are powerfull, so much energy. The capricorn era was different than a beautiful lie and TIW but still awesome songs. All of their covers are also amazing. Need i say more?

There are rumors going around that they're gonna break up but in every interview I've seen or read from them about the situation, it just sounds like they'r taking a break.

Here's a clip from an interview with MTV Canada

Rumours. Had heard that ages ago. The guys are super tired from that international tour. They've been everywhere non stop. Jared was performing sick instead of canceling the show. Tomo just got married, he needs some time off with his wife. They deserve the break. But break up? No. Jared Tomo and Shannon are more than a band, they've put their life in this. Stupid MTV misinterpretes everything.

Edited by Provehito In Altum

30 Seconds to Mars have been in my life since I first heard "The Kill" on the radio. It was the premiere of the song on this station and it truly touched me, so I had to go out and buy the album. Since then, I've never looked back. I've only been fortunate enough to go to two shows (in one, Jared himself tore all the ligaments in my finger, and the other, Security was pulling me over the barricade for K&Q and dropped me badly - I felt worse for him, Tomo started laughing at me!) and each time, I've come out feeling prouder and happier than ever. After one show, I told Jared the story about my finger, and he held it, saying he had magic fingers and would heal it for me. I did fangirl a bit, not going to lie.

That story is basically, he came out in the crowd for The Kill and I was pushed up against him. He grabbed ahold of my hand at one point and held it tightly. He tripped a little bit later and pulled my hand for support, and pulled the finger a little too hard. Needless to say, it's my most favourite battle wound!

30 Seconds to Mars have been in my life since I first heard "The Kill" on the radio. It was the premiere of the song on this station and it truly touched me, so I had to go out and buy the album. Since then, I've never looked back. I've only been fortunate enough to go to two shows (in one, Jared himself tore all the ligaments in my finger, and the other, Security was pulling me over the barricade for K&Q and dropped me badly - I felt worse for him, Tomo started laughing at me!) and each time, I've come out feeling prouder and happier than ever. After one show, I told Jared the story about my finger, and he held it, saying he had magic fingers and would heal it for me. I did fangirl a bit, not going to lie.

That story is basically, he came out in the crowd for The Kill and I was pushed up against him. He grabbed ahold of my hand at one point and held it tightly. He tripped a little bit later and pulled my hand for support, and pulled the finger a little too hard. Needless to say, it's my most favourite battle wound!

haha must have been amazing! I was up the stage for K&Q too and it was overwhelming. I didn't feel anything at that time, but next day my ribs hurt like hell. I remember during the M&G Shannon was throwing little pieces of carrot at my hair :P And Tomo was laughing like a little kid. I love them to pieces <3

I honestly dont know what i would do if they broke up. At least 75% of the songs on my ipod are 30STM

They won't, at least not for now. We can see how devoted are to what they're doing and how much they love each other and how much they still have to offer. What they need for now is a big long rest after this tour. Plus they already have two new songs they have yet to release; Halleluja and another one they said live recently ugh i don't remember the name, but it was recorded during TIW era as i remember from Terry's pictures.

And if they ever broke up, we still have all these amazing songs to listen to.