The Emma-Watson.net Forum

There were a few good years where no spam emails were sent to me at all, but they've recently started again - and a lot of them. Is there a way to permanently block them? I'm on hotmail and use the normal block function but they keep coming.

Well there's not a whole lot you can do with hotmail, their spam settings aren't very changeable. Your comp might be infected with something if it's recent, in which case I'd suggest doing a system restore to an earlier date.

I don't get why you said I'm sending you spam emails Kim? I don't even have your email. I don't have anyone's email off this forum and I think it was rude of you to PM me that. My laptop is fine and so is my hotmail anyway, so don't point the finger. :/ Maybe it's yours that has a virus? I don't get spam anymore, actually haven't since I've had this email and the only emails that go into my junk are one's from sites i've joined.

I agreew with Dax.

Edited by Hermione

If I go onto your guys profiles I can see your emails and could easily send you a whole heap of crap. My guess is that its people/companies coming onto heaps of forums to get email addresses for spamming.

However, if your email address directly is sending spam out that you aren't doing, it could be wise to change passwords?

I don't get why you said I'm sending you spam emails Kim? I don't even have your email. I don't have anyone's email off this forum and I think it was rude of you to PM me that. My laptop is fine and so is my hotmail anyway, so don't point the finger. :/ Maybe it's yours that has a virus? I don't get spam anymore, actually haven't since I've had this email and the only emails that go into my junk are one's from sites i've joined.

I agreew with Dax.

arent you pointing the finger right now?

no offence.

kim<3

I get loads of spam, i just delete it.

arent you pointing the finger right now?

no offence.

Where was I pointing the finger? Because I asked that it might be her laptop that has a virus? I didn't point no finger and I wouldn't class asking that question as pointing the finger. :P I just think it was rude that's all. :) No harm meant.

Edited by Hermione

Where was I pointing the finger? Because I asked that it might be her laptop that has a virus? I didn't point no finger and I wouldn't class asking that question as pointing the finger. :P I just think it was rude that's all. :) No harm meant.

Jade, I never said that I was getting emails from you and I certainly wasn't pointing the finger. We can talk about it via PM if you like, this isn't the place to discuss it.

You did, you PMed me saying I need to check my computer and email. :)

*Just letting you know, your hotmail email may be hacked or your computer might be infected. It's sending out virus emails. If you want to stop it I suggest you check your computer with a virus scanner and change your password and security question/answer*

I'm just simply saying my hotmail and computer are fine and that I agree with what Dax said. :)

Edited by Hermione

I am going to solve this by simply quoting Kim.

Jade, I never said that I was getting emails from you and I certainly wasn't pointing the finger. We can talk about it via PM if you like, this isn't the place to discuss it.

This thread wasn't about anyone person. Kim was just asking for some advice. If anyone wants to make it personal, Kim is always open to PM :)