The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Any ideas to make the forums even more interesting?

Well i've discussed this with various members from time to time and we all kinda agreed in the idea of new games (not the games forum related games) or challenges etc -now that we have much more members-. Our problem was that no one actually had something in mind lol so how about some suggestions now, anyone? :)

•  
  • I had suggested in the old forums an Arcade with games but if i remember correctly it was the time with all those crashes so i was told that the Arcade would make the forum even slower. So i'm pretty sure that idea will be eliminated.
  • Also i know we may be still few for the Member of the Month, but how about the Mystery Mod? It was really interesting with all these riddles, and all people used to participate and anticipate the answers etc. The winner would take extra points for their Houses.
  • Speaking of the Houses, a nice competition amongst the Houses is always interesting. I tried to come up with an interesting idea but i couldn't lol so a suggestion would be nice. Something interesting that would involve riddles once in a month, or hidden clues in the forum, or i don't know competitions like drawing? Graphics?
  • I also thought of this specific idea; Debate Teams. Like i don't know there could be a team of 5-10 people? We can vote perhaps specific topics and whoever wants can volunteer and each of them covers a certain topic. Then you have matches against other teams for prizes-again House points. It seems like an interesting idea to me :/ Even though there are two minor problems:
    1) the general forum is more or less a place for serious conversation where people speak their mind- even though the idea of teaming up with 5-10 people and supporting a certain topic is fun- and
    2) who is ever going to be a neutral judge as to decide which team wins? Well i don't know i just had to suggest it.

Do you guys agree with all this? Do you think people would actually participate on a daily basis? Do you have any other suggestions?

Great topic Dina! I will think of some ideas and post them.

I see an International Pirate Day is coming up. YAY! I thought that was so funny the last time ye all had one. Unfortunately I'm going to be far far away from home and my computer on that day. :'(

I love the mystery mod thing Dina and while we were told the member of the month would be difficult I still think it would be cool to have a member of the season type thing. I know Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn is a bit different for the Northern and Southern Hemisphere's but a member of the season may be a bit more manageable given the forum membership.

I think a lot of people would love the Debate Teams idea. That definitely has my vote. If there were rotational members I would love to get involved in something like that... might not have the time to be a full time debate member.

Sorry for the double post, just wanted to mention this before I forgot. As far as the possibility of a competition between the houses, it seems something like a scavanger hunt might be feasible if organized correctly. Something to the effect of where you have to search the internet for particular objects or search passages from emma related things like her movies or articles, that kind of stuff. Maybe the search has to be done in a particular order and there could be a puzzle involved, like taking a certain letter from each object found to spell out a mystery code. The first team/house to come up with the correct mystery code wins. Maybe the winning house could receive an award indicating their house superiority like a banner from one of our lovely graphics experts???? Obviously it would take a lot more thought, but just kicking around the idea. :unsure::mellow:

I love the mystery mod thing Dina and while we were told the member of the month would be difficult I still think it would be cool to have a member of the season type thing. I know Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn is a bit different for the Northern and Southern Hemisphere's but a member of the season may be a bit more manageable given the forum membership.

That sounds like a good idea. The only thing about the Member of the month however is that members don't actually get to do something..They just wait to be chosen at some point :/ The awards was a pretty nice job though, all members got to vote and stuff.

I think a lot of people would love the Debate Teams idea. That definitely has my vote. If there were rotational members I would love to get involved in something like that... might not have the time to be a full time debate member.

It's true not all people can afford to be full time debate members. However the debates should be arranged once in a month or more than a month.

Sorry for the double post, just wanted to mention this before I forgot. As far as the possibility of a competition between the houses, it seems something like a scavanger hunt might be feasible if organized correctly. Something to the effect of where you have to search the internet for particular objects or search passages from emma related things like her movies or articles, that kind of stuff. Maybe the search has to be done in a particular order and there could be a puzzle involved, like taking a certain letter from each object found to spell out a mystery code. The first team/house to come up with the correct mystery code wins. Maybe the winning house could receive an award indicating their house superiority like a banner from one of our lovely graphics experts???? Obviously it would take a lot more thought, but just kicking around the idea. :unsure::mellow:

That's an awesome idea, the Emma related things, clues in articles or pictures or films, riddles etc. It would encourage team work as well. Or we could pick a different subject each month or so, even movies like Harry Potter. The thing is that it's a pretty tiring job for the mods or the people responsible to organize the game :/ I don't know if anyone would volunteer now that i think about it.

Maybe we could also organize a quizz a month or so? Mostly Harry Potter related questions? Or we can put the subject into vote every time?

Edited by Provehito In Altum

Loving the quiz of the month and spell test ideas! :o

Maybe we could start a Harry Potter inspired poetry section too? any thing from Harry himself to Bowtruckles or Love Potions... what ever inspires??? <3 :unsure:

Still trying to think of stuff. :doh: sorry I'm a bit slow.

Maybe we could start a Harry Potter inspired poetry section too? any thing from Harry himself to Bowtruckles or Love Potions... what ever inspires??? <3 :unsure:

Woah challenging as this may sounds i don't think a lot of people would volunteer :P Sounds a bit difficult to write a poem anything HP related and then find the courage and show it to everyone :P

I second this!!!!! They were so much fun last year!!!! I really enjoyed running them as well!

And you did a wonderful job <3

But the Forum Awards should be done only once in a year, because we don't really have that many people :/ We need other ideas that we can use them once in a month or in two months. One year is a long time t.t

Graphic and photography competitions would be nice, like we could choose a theme and people would make graphics or take pictures and all and then the winner earns points for their House. I know not all people are good with graphics or photography, but we could have different sections like for amateurs or pros?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.