#21 Zainab

Zainab

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

Lol, um my previous history teacher sometimes behaves like a boy.

tumblr_lmxfordnke1qe36eno1_500.jpg

#22 Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker

Energetic member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

Revan: I usually tell people I am just some dude. I don't go into details. Online I like to hide but since so many people on this board knew the old me, I came out here. I identify as a male though. I am a pansexual man. /shrug

Ling: There is a double-edged sword with taking it away as a disorder. The reason being that Obamacare covers the surgeries in certain states here. If it were to be taken away as a disorder, then perhaps it won't get covered. I think this is stupid but this is what America is. I'm not sure how it works in Canada and in Europe. Perhaps someone who is trans over there can tell you more about the process.

Listen, I am open to educating people. Especially on this forum because I feel a lot of you are mature and open minded. So if you have questions, just ask me. I'll try my best to answer them.
Be true to yourself even when others do not understand.
Posted Image
PSN: rejecteddemo :: Steam :: Tumblr :: Deviant Art

#23 ling

ling

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationBrighton

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Yeah, in Canada they took away funding completely in a lot of provinces even though it's still classified as a disorder. But it's a definite double-edged sword. Like I said, in a perfect world everyone could be whichever gender they are in their head and nobody would care. But as it is, it's still hard for A LOT of people to understand, which is why it needs a label, and why the label needs to be so harsh. :(

#24 Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker

Energetic member

• Water
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

Yeah. Unfortunately, that's the way it is. It's like when homosexuality was listed as a disorder. It makes no sense whatsoever. They said they were going to declassify it as a disorder but they haven't. Speaking of which, the woman who got kicked from the Miss Universe pageant is holding a petition for this very thing. It would change it in the World Health Organization's eyes. Here is the petition link with has her video message. Please take the time to sign it. Thanks guys!

http://www.change.or...Cozm_RFSzQQWhBU
Be true to yourself even when others do not understand.
Posted Image
PSN: rejecteddemo :: Steam :: Tumblr :: Deviant Art

#25 LostInTransition

LostInTransition

Dedicated Member

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • LocationNewcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Many of you may not know or remember me as I haven't posted here in well over a year. One of the big reasons for that has been because my gender issues have increasingly taken over my life. Like others have said, I hate the term 'disorder', and in the medical world it is becoming more and more recognised as a medical condition, rather than a mental condition.

I am a Trans Woman. Growing up in a male body, I have always known that I should have been born a girl right from my earliest memories but I have spent much of my life repressing these feelings. I now accept who I am and I was diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria by my doctor last month. I fully intend to undergo Gender Reassignment and I have since come out to my family and friends who have been so supportive. It's been a difficult period for me and the next few years will be hard but for the first time in my life I see light at the end of the tunnel and I am finally on the pathway to being the person I always was inside.

I've written my story, about what it was like for me growing up and my coming out experience in my blog. For anyone interested, the link is in my signature. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users