I need some help and/or advice please
Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:11 AM
Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:22 AM
Too is used in two ways (as far I know):
- To express an excessive quantity: Too small, too different, too high, too much, etc.
- Instead of "also": I'm a person too; you like that too.
To is used in several ways:
- To convert a verb to the infinitive: to be, to have, to do...
- To indicate a direction: I go to school, you go to your home...
- To indicate a purpose: I'm posting here to help you, he likes to go there to eat some icecream...
You can learn more about the "to" in here.
Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:27 AM
Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:18 AM
I just wanted to let you know, Andrew, I have the same problem!! English is my first language even though I am bilingual. But, I always mix up too and to. I mix up words all the time!!! Its hard for me to remember the difference and I know many Americans who have the same issue. So don't feel alone or bad!
My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva
Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:08 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users