The Emma-Watson.net Forum

How did you watch the films?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Big Star Wars fan here. Of all the movies. I just really like Star Wars and the universe it's set in. Sure loads of things are stupid(you know what I'm talking about :P ) but still...

^Yoda is teh God. No, more! Yoda is more powerful than even Chuck Norris.

Nothing can be compared to the old ones fer sho. But i liked the other 3 as well. Okay people, before start saying that Revenge of the Sith was no good, and Hayden's performance was bad, let me say i liked it. Imo, he portraid confused and angry Anakin so well.

Aaaand let us not forget SW music, kids. Star Wars is not just Lucas, it's Williams as well. A mere person couldn't have composed that. He's, he's, i don't know he's amazing.

lol yea Yoda's the man.. the fight scene where he fight Darth Sidius is one of the best scene in Star Wars i reckon.

Like Dina, i like Revenge of the Sith, it has the most important part in the whole Star Wars series, n the best lightsaber fights.

• 4 months later...

Yup sorry to revive this dead thread but I didn't want to create another one. By far the greatest film saga of all time. Star Wars is as my friend put it is The Odyssey of this generation; it has such a great impact on our culture since the premier of A New Hope.

I am an uber huge fan. If I had/have the time or money, I'm looking to join the 501st Legion fan group. I'm currently in the process of making my own Imperial officer's uniform but don't really have time or expertise to finish it.

On a side-note, I can't stop listening to Williams's "Imperial March".

Edited by sirbenedictvs

I am an uber huge fan. If I had/have the time or money, I'm looking to join the 501st Legion fan group. I'm currently in the process of making my own Imperial officer's uniform but don't really have time or expertise to finish it.

Haha awesome, an Imperial officer's uniform? :D

My mom introduced Star Wars to be when I was 9 and The Phantom Menace came out, I saw it and fell in love with Star Wars. ^_^ I can seriously not remember which movies I watched after episode 1, most likely the old ones but I can't remember seeing them as a kid.

I really like the Phantom Menace though, and unlike Star Wars fans I've always loved Jar Jar Binks haha. I like the new episodes because Ewan McGregor does a great job, and Hayden Christiansen does his best, even if it's not always enough... the old ones are a category on their own though, epic.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the pts. 4 - 6 as they came out originally. They were the best in SF at that time, although now i have to say it was just a peephole view of the StarWars universe. I think pts. 1 - 3 have done A LOT for giving us all a wider more in-depth view of what it looks like, and the animated series CloneWars constantly adds new stuff.

Thats what I like best about it - the incredible varied design work put into it and seeing how stuff in that universe evolved over time. Seeing how "believable" it is.

OK, lightsabers are not believable. But they look way too cool to not have them!:yesyes:

I think both StarWars and LotR are genius-level inventions.

I saw the pts. 4 - 6 as they came out originally. They were the best in SF at that time, although now i have to say it was just a peephole view of the StarWars universe. I think pts. 1 - 3 have done A LOT for giving us all a wider more in-depth view of what it looks like, and the animated series CloneWars constantly adds new stuff.

Thats what I like best about it - the incredible varied design work put into it and seeing how stuff in that universe evolved over time. Seeing how "believable" it is.

OK, lightsabers are not believable. But they look way too cool to not have them!:yesyes:

couldn't agree more :)

Haha awesome, an Imperial officer's uniform? :D

My mom introduced Star Wars to be when I was 9 and The Phantom Menace came out, I saw it and fell in love with Star Wars. ^_^ I can seriously not remember which movies I watched after episode 1, most likely the old ones but I can't remember seeing them as a kid.

I really like the Phantom Menace though, and unlike Star Wars fans I've always loved Jar Jar Binks haha. I like the new episodes because Ewan McGregor does a great job, and Hayden Christiansen does his best, even if it's not always enough... the old ones are a category on their own though, epic.

Ha yeah an Imperial uniform. Stormtrooper branch so it's going to be black. The Imperial Navy is what you see more of which is the dark grey. Too bad I'm no tailor. I don't even have half of the outfit complete, maybe the chest portion of the tunic. The trousers would be easy to do though. And definitely if I can scrape up some extra cash I'm going to try to find a fitting Biker Scout armour.

After seeing the saga though, would you say that the IV-VI trilogy was better than the I-III?

Good, I think anyone who gets into Star Wars should watch the original trilogy first. George Lucas was interviewed about why he started with episode IV rather than I. He said something about the original trilogy takes place post reformation of the Galactic Republic thus much of the settings are dull and damaged in nature. I did hear something about he waited to do the 2nd trilogy until better CGI and special effects technology came about since it would allow the studio to do a far better job in creating the world of Star Wars... best example would be Corusant. Notice that after Episode I came out, Jedi was reedited to include Corusant in the final scene where the whole galaxy is celebrating the fall of the Empire.

Notice that after Episode I came out, Jedi was reedited to include Corusant in the final scene where the whole galaxy is celebrating the fall of the Empire.

I don't like how Lucas went back and added stuff to the original trilogy and re-edited parts of it. And he's made that the official version to where you can't get a decent copy of the original on DVD or Blu-ray. I'd like to have a nice, clean copy of the original series (the way it was released in theaters upon its initial release) on DVD so I can watch it how I remember it being.

And I know people say "Well they're his movies so he can do whatever he wants" but to a certain extent when you produce a piece of entertainment or art or whatever and put it out there for public consumption and judgement you are giving up some ownership of it. Yes, he still legally owns the rights but what I'm saying is when you put something out there like that and it touches a nerve it becomes a part of society instead of your own, personal, little plaything.

I have VHS copies of the original pre-Special Edition... gotta make sure the tape doesn't melt onto itself. I just like how Lucasfilm added Corusant... I hated how Hayden Christensen took the place of David Prowse in the ending scene of Jedi.

Yup sorry to revive this dead thread but I didn't want to create another one. By far the greatest film saga of all time. Star Wars is as my friend put it is The Odyssey of this generation; it has such a great impact on our culture since the premier of A New Hope.

Couldn't agree more.

Well I watched episode 1 first, then 4-6, then 1 again then 2 and 3.

I love it and so does my little boy. Haha-he's a right little geek. We've got him the cutest T-Shirt with darth vader and 'grind the city to dust' written on it :P

Well I watched episode 1 first, then 4-6, then 1 again then 2 and 3.

I love it and so does my little boy. Haha-he's a right little geek. We've got him the cutest T-Shirt with darth vader and 'grind the city to dust' written on it :P

When he's of age, you must teach him the ways of the Force.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...