The Emma-Watson.net Forum

New 'Perks' Stills

So excited to see this movie! :D And seeing Emma as an american will be really interesting... when I read the book this summer I kept trying to imagine Emma as Sam but it was difficult, but I'm sure she did a great job :)

I'm really looking forward for this film, especially to see how well Emma will do with the American accent.

Question for fellow Brits: is imitating an 'American' accent difficult? I know there's several accents here (east coast, west coast, southern, etc), but actors (eg. Hugh Laurie from House) make it seem so easy to imitate.

:)

Question for fellow Brits: is imitating an 'American' accent difficult? I know there's several accents here (east coast, west coast, southern, etc), but actors (eg. Hugh Laurie from House) make it seem so easy to imitate.

I've seen some really good actors from the UK do really crappy American accents.

I am an American so I can say this LOL-we dont sound posh sounding like alot of British folks-we speak I dont know how to explain it but it is the way we sometimes pronounce things-you have the Midwest accent, southern accent, northern accent, Boston accent/New York accent LOL...we seem to have alot!! :) SO it will be fun to hear her American accent :)

Edited by cbmac12
  • 7 months later...