The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Many people here know how much I hate Apple as a company. I didn't like Steve Jobs as much either.

But he was an outstanding entrepreneur, innovator and businessman. I may not have liked him, but I damn well respected the man. He has made his legacy not only in Apple but in the technological word and the real world as well. His innovation has led us to where we are today.

Rest in Peace Steve Jobs, you will be missed.

^ I didn't know you hated Apple products :P

I wasn't an avid Apple product user but I have an iPad and an iTouch, and I'm warming up to someday getting a MacBook Pro. And GarageBand is pretty awesome too.

It's a real shame to lose someone who has changed the world of technology so much :( R.I.P Steve Jobs.

My father called me earlier just to tell me this!! We are a huge mac family, I have no idea how to work a PC!

Its so sad, but of course it was only a matter of time. He died from Pancreatic Cancer. The odds of surviving are 1 in 3. But, it is still devastating!!

Steve Jobbs has done unbelievable things! I mean, every time I use my ipad I am amazed!! Almost everyone has an ipod these days!!! I mean, there is so much in this world that he created. He truly left a legacy behind.

Let us never forget the HUGE strides Jobbs made with us in Technology. (Sounds stupid lol but its actually a big deal).

The last time jobs left Apple, Apple didn't do too well. I hate the perception of Apple being the best, but like Jeremy, I respect Jons for the great mind he was. may you rest in peace.

To Apple, you have a hell of a lot to live up too, goodluck!

I will miss Steve Jobs and the work he did with the Apple foundation. I never knew much about him, but from what I heard, I see that he is a very respected and well known person. RIP Steve Jobs.

Many people here know how much I hate Apple as a company. I didn't like Steve Jobs as much either.

But he was an outstanding entrepreneur, innovator and businessman. I may not have liked him, but I damn well respected the man. He has made his legacy not only in Apple but in the technological word and the real world as well. His innovation has led us to where we are today.

Rest in Peace Steve Jobs, you will be missed.

This is exactly the same way I think about Apple. But as you said you have to respect Steve Jobs for what he created. He changed the way people communicate with each other.

sad that he died. I didn't know he was that old and battling cancer. Only months ago South Park was ripping on him and apple and now he's gone. I honestly thought he was doing okay. This is a big shock to me. RIP Jobs.

Too soon, but too funny

Hehehe, that was funny.

All joking aside though, I really will miss the guy. He was a true inspiration to me, and my heart was broken when I found out he died. I looked up to the man, and he will be remembered probably for the majority of my life due to his impact on it. I kinda sum it up in here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RadVMBLnVw

R.I.P.

I heard about this the day before I went back into media on Friday and everyone was talking about him. How he founded apple. No... no he didn't. Respect him don't lie about him. He had a share in apple. I've said it many times but,

R.I.P <3

Actually Jobs co-founded Apple so its disrespectful to say he didn't. He has way more then just a share. He was co-founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Apple Inc.

When you have a share of a company it just means that you bought a piece of it. Jobs did way more then just own a small piece of Apple inc.

RIP

On a side note, the iPhone 4s already has been selling unbelievable amounts!!! Its a great way for Jobs to be honored.

Actually Jobs co-founded Apple so its disrespectful to say he didn't. He has way more then just a share. He was co-founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Apple Inc.

When you have a share of a company it just means that you bought a piece of it. Jobs did way more then just own a small piece of Apple inc.

RIP

On a side note, the iPhone 4s already has been selling unbelievable amounts!!! Its a great way for Jobs to be honored.

and don't forget he was also one of the co-founders of Pixar Animation

RIP Steve Jobs, and thanks, not only for the apple products but for also bringing us Woody, Buzz, and all the Pixar characters

Just wanted to clear a couple of things up.

First - Yes, Steve was the co-founder of Apple along with Steve Wozniak. He didn't just own a share in it. He and Woz were inspired by the Phone Phreakers to make blue boxes for free long distance calls. This led them to their venture with Apple later. Read The Pirates of Silicon Valley or watch the movie of it. It will explain a lot in the timeline of not only Apple Computers but also Microsoft and how Xerox PARC fits into the whole picture.

Second - Steve did not co-found Pixar. George Lucas founded it. It was a part of Lucasfilm for several years. Lucas couldn't support it anymore and thought that Pixar should be self sustaining so he sold it. And the buyer just happened to be Steve Jobs who had since been run out of the company he helped found. This was also during his time with NeXT computers.

Watch The Pixar Story. It's an incredibly interesting story. It starts well before Pixar and goes through Pixar's time as part of Lucasfilm, through their time of writing and creating Toy Story and up through Cars (I think).

Start here: http://www.youtube.com/user/putalaweaculia#p/u/8/hUuwOl8CZw4

It's not the greatest quality. But like I said, an incredibly interesting documentary. Also, CNBC plays it from time to time so you might check that.

• 12 years later...