The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Post Careers/Potential Jobs

• 2 months later...

i work saturdays at a cattery. cleaning out poop. :o

I've done that! But as a volunteer at SPCA ;-P Haha

It was so interesting to read about all your careers/jobs/dreams. :) Great topic

I don't work right now because studies keep me too busy. But last summer I worked as a carer at an elderly's home and before that Au Pair, before that substitute teacher. :)

So now I study semi-advanced maths, physics and chemistry but it's only so I can be certified to start my serious education which starts in August. I'll study for 4,5 years to become an agronomist focusing on rural development. Hopefully this will open many doors for me to work both in Sweden and all over the world. Would love to work for organisations as the Red Cross, SIDA or even the UN.

My ultimate dream (which I can only pursue on the side) is to work in politics in Sweden, to be the next minister of agriculture, or even minister of foreign affairs and get into diplomacy... now my imagination is running wild haha. First stop is to be an agronomist anyways. :)

Edited by Mrs Duck

/\ I admire you so much for the SPCA thing and for wanting to get into politics :)

So many cool ppl with such cool jobs and dreams :)

Mine is simple and you can hear it from a 5year old-I want to be a doctor.not sure what I want to specialize in,but I have six years to make up my mind :P

I don't have a job right now. I'm on materinty leave, if that's what you call it. I have never had a real job though, just during summer in a kiosk and a store.

I want to become a writer though. It's what I do, write. Or else I want to be a librarian, but the education is quite hard. Otherwise I want to be something in politics, maybe a political scientist - which was a very weird word in English. Or just work in a book shop or photographer.

I'm busy with my Masters in Philosophy....and my job is giving weekly tutorials to second year philosophy students at my uni. :rolleye:

I have lots of hobbies as well so there's many potential jobs, just going to see how things flow forth!

I'm busy with my Masters in Philosophy....and my job is giving weekly tutorials to second year philosophy students at my uni. :rolleye:

I have lots of hobbies as well so there's many potential jobs, just going to see how things flow forth!

That's cool. My boyfriend has just finished a masters in Chemistry, he did it while doing a PGCE to get into teaching. It's a great thing to do, went to pick up his thesis the other day. Was very cool to see it all bound properly

That's cool. My boyfriend has just finished a masters in Chemistry, he did it while doing a PGCE to get into teaching. It's a great thing to do, went to pick up his thesis the other day. Was very cool to see it all bound properly

Awesome,congrats to him! I can't wait for that day :icontwisted8pz: ha ha

And yeah I was actually considering that PGCE, but that's as far as it went. I would like to do it at some stage though, definitely. B)

Yeah bet you can't. A lot of work goes into a masters but it's def worth it (well from what I've seen I haven't done one myself) are you going to go on to do a Phd when you've finished or going more into a career?

I'm not sure yet, I'm going to travel for a while after I'm done with my thesis and finish writing all the childrens stories I start and can never finish because of philosophy, and also go to India to master my Sitar playing. And from thereon I'll see whether I want to do a Phd, but I definitely don't want to go into academia, it's soo pretentious (at least with philosophy).