The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Post Careers/Potential Jobs

Post what job you currently have or the job you are aiming to get etc :)

Current job is: Team leader on checkouts at a supermarket, (sainsbury's) part time while i go through university.

But I am currently aiming to get into the police force in 2012, become a police officer then after a few years to go into the CID to become a police detective. But due to budget cuts in this country i doubt there will be any open recruitment for another 4 years. :@ david cameron grrr lol

^^Have you got any experience in film making?

I'm currently lined up to be an elf in Santa's grotto. I want to work in a school, preferably as something like a teaching assistant, but really I'd be more than happy to do anything, dinner lady, reception, librarian ect. To be fair, I'd love to work with kids and as anti-feminist as this may sound, my boyfriend is a teacher and we're ok for money at the moment so I don't actually need to work and would like to just do something to keep me busy and that fitted in with my boyfriend and my sons lives. Plus we're planning on getting married in 2012 and having more babies, so going to college to further my career wouldn't really be a realistic option right now.

^Ive done experience with a local TV station. So Ive got some insight with the industry, Im doing a one week introductory course with a film school, and next year I plan to get some more exp in the area.

Might see if I can have a look at the filming of The Hobit.

I don't work at the moment, I am simply a Graphic Design student. But what I really want to do, what I have discovered is my passion, is make-up. It just makes me happy. :) So I cannot wait to start studying make-up and hopefully be able to one day work successfully as that, in film, television, models or just anything really.

Right now, I work for the National Park Service in Boston (well, a company that works for the park service) as a cashier in a gift shop for the the NPS visitor's center. If you ever come to Boston, come visit me hahaha. =P I shall lovingly direct you to the places that you need to get to.

My dream job is to own a preschool, and right now I'm doing my best to get on the career path of a kindergarten teacher. :)

I manufacture hydraulic hoses for a company that supplies JCB.

I’ve been doing it for nearly four years now, the recession hit us hard and I survived two waves of redundancies, we are on the rise again now though.

It's an alright job, like anything it has it's pros and cons - hours are good, it's a small team so everyone knows each other with good banter. Pay could be better though.

When I was younger I had always wanted to be a graphic designer. That got me into printing and I became a qualified printer. Though unfortunately printing in this area is all ceramic based and with the pottery industry in decline, chances are limited. I am happy with what I am doing for the moment.

I don't work, but I'm studying to become a geologist one day ^.^ Seismologist to be specific :D

That's cool, I studied Geology as an option at school and I had some rocks and fossils, it was something I had an interest in for a while at the time, it was a long time ago now though and sadly I can't remember too much.

Good luck with it!

I don't have a job...never actually had one.

My aim is to become a Photographer.

hahaha same here!

i cant call it a job.. but now im retouching photos for advertising company.

and i want to be a fashion / glamour photographer :ohyeah:

I don't have a job...never actually had one.

My aim is to become a Photographer.

hahaha same here!

i cant call it a job.. but now im retouching photos for advertising company.

and i want to be a fashion / glamour photographer :ohyeah:

Same here. I also aim to become a photographer. I'd like to be a portrait photographer and own my own natural light studio. I'd also like to photograph events, weddings, birthday parties, galas, etc.

I just graduated a Bachelor of Business in Australia, and have applied for two jobs with the State Government in the department of Economic Development. So hopefully I have some luck and get the job there. But in the mean time while at Uni and now I've just been working Casually at the airport.