The Emma-Watson.net Forum

NaNoWriMo 2011

So, National Novel Writing Month started today. Anyone here who competes. Sadly I had to decline this year. I'm in the middle of moving and that takes too much of my time to concentrate on writing a 50,000 word story. But I still find it a shame :(

National? Which nation? And you're supposed to write a novel in a month? :huh:

AN AMERICAN NATION!!!! (kudos to anyone who gets the reference)

It doesn't have to be a full on novel, it could be a really bad draft, as long as you hit the word quota. I heard about this but given I have to write an essay every weekend on top of massive amounts of reading and that's all before the short stories I have to write for my other classes, and I think it's safe to say I don't have the time to try it this month.

I encourage others to try it out if they have the time though. You probably won't create the next best selling novel, but if you get a decent draft that you can go back and edit occasionally it's definitely worth it.

I heard about this's too.

Too bad neither of you could enter!! I considered it for like a minute but I have never written anything that long and I swamped with work. One of my professors was trying to convince me too but didn't happen. Oh well. Always next year ay?

Considering it, but my muse seems to be really flighty and I'm not sure I would reach the quota. I always forget about it until someone brings it up./: I should have started brainstorming, and bringing ideas together months ago, but I'ma failure. xD

I've never done it before, but I know a lot of people who have and I don't think I have the patience it takes to do that. ><