The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emmazingly edited

I retouch what photos I like, not just Emma photos, and I collect fashion photoshoots too, then there's Audrey and Marilyn for which there's a huge folder on my computer. But I wanted to make some peeps happy from 'round here with these, I would like some feedback too, just like that. Feedback is nice. Nice like eating ice-cream. Now, I will make a selection out of what I have and picking is pretty difficult. Imagine, for the marie claire outtakes I have around 20 different edits(pics with diff effects). I will post the misc ones. Sounds easy. Let me know if you a photograph in black and white, almost any shoot.

I tried a cool effect on this one.

Vogue US shoot.

Let me know how you like these, oh and the last two were made with my own digital paintings.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look really blurry. It's important in retouches you do not let them go blurry. You need to add something of your own to it too. Brighten it up and add selective colouring. Looking at the original images to those right now, It looks like you took a blur tool over it.

If you did more to it. Maybe actually made a graphic from it, it would look good. But taking the image itself and just adding blur to it and nothing else makes it look like your posting LQ images.

Maybe if you make a graphic, use a tad of blending. Brighten it up. Add some text and use your blur thing you do. It will be nice afterall that's what graphics are.

If you want to keep it simple like you have above you should maybe actually retouch it. You called it a retouch but thats not what a retouch is. BoMa a member here (also a great Mod) is brilliant at retouches. I think she could explain those more.

I'm just thinking whether you can take credit for those though when you haven't done anything to them?

If you did more to it. Maybe actually made a graphic from it, it would look good. But taking the image itself and just adding blur to it and nothing else makes it look like your posting LQ images.

Maybe if you make a graphic, use a tad of blending. Brighten it up. Add some text and use your blur thing you do. It will be nice afterall that's what graphics are.

If you want to keep it simple like you have above you should maybe actually retouch it. You called it a retouch but thats not what a retouch is. BoMa a member here (also a great Mod) is brilliant at retouches. I think she could explain those more.

I'm just thinking whether you can take credit for those though when you haven't done anything to them?

I agree with Jade. Those are gorgeous pictures and could make really nice graphics. You don't have to do anything crazy with them though :P

I agree with Jade. Those are gorgeous pictures and could make really nice graphics. You don't have to do anything crazy with them though :P

The ones I have posted have a few effects combined. I was happy for finding that combination, if you are a photo editor like I am, you would know

how good it feels when you do learn something new and discover effects you had no idea it could look that nice. Of course for peeps that probably don't do any editing it may look weird. I don't expect you ladies to be able to understand my idea/vision. Yet I appreciate that you'd like a more simple edit, I agree with that, and yet I had to choose between 20 effects from each photo. I chose something that No one else did, an aspect I care about, originality.

The effect is a ray of light I am positioning anywhere I want over the subject, which might add blur around, that is the one used on the top 2 marie claire outtakes, and another thing is I would never leave an image with angry pixels on, I will remove the digital noise, so that the effects applied on it won't look nasty, and that way the image softened/smooth is ready to play with different tones of sepia, black and white, threshold, and others. It would make more sense if I could show you the whole process that the pics went thru, and all 20 effects.

THANKS for the feedback x

another effect I discovered.

I like that IF i find a scan or image that I like and it is in a low quality state I can make it better. This is no exception. Taking out text is something I do with content aware in cs5 or the paint brushes in the same program. It's nice to know that you can repair a bad crop on a photo too.

text on

Fab+ did anyone ever see that they took emma's nail out? look at the differences between my edit

and their banner.

I do love my photoshop cs5, still learning of course, but I actually think I want a career out of this.

I will work with a photographer, and that will be fun, I won't need to do a lot of editing on wedding photos.

Edited by helen2U

I don't see why you have two topics, those aren't wallpapers those retouches or edits.

It's better to have one topic with all of your creations instead of many. Members will find their way to your topic easier.

I will merge the topics you have now.

Btw I like how you fix the pictures, try to sharpen them a little though.

I don't see why you have two topics, those aren't wallpapers those retouches or edits.

It's better to have one topic with all of your creations instead of many. Members will find their way to your topic easier.

I will merge the topics you have now.

Btw I like how you fix the pictures, try to sharpen them a little though.

that is why I wrote ''well, some of them'' I meant the vogue one heh. Oh and yes I got a lil excited to post stuff x

and they were very pixelated so I used a tiny bit of luminance, around 20-30 of it. and no sharpen coz I like them smooth, But I do know what you mean

Edited by helen2U

These aren't wallpapers. You've had 3 warnings now. You need to keep your graphics to the one thread.

well, one I mean no harm, two, I didnt figure out posting and topics. I guess I will learn.

She done nothing wrong as long as she don't make another topic, cool edits. :)

I learned from padfoot how to add more photos to a topic, I didn't know whom to ask for direction, until I added her.

She explained and I am posting in the right places. Hermione is a sweetheart.

• 2 weeks later...