The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emmazingly edited

Decided to breathe more life into it, did more work on the forehead and colorized the window frames, and patch tool work on the blouse too, contrast and light adjustments.

I declare it done for the second time. I hope it stays that way.

Edited by MrsClaus
  • Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I'm sorry no one voted for them I wish I could but I was busy I didn't have time to vote. I wish I could make calendars.

I always made time for cals but my designs are nothing without supporters so won't make any more cals if no one votes.

those calenders are awesome!!!

thank you loves! :blush:

You did receive votes, just not enough this time to be in the top group.

I like the plural there. Thank you! I'll do my best.

Like the calendars! Good work! Don't be discouraged, if you continue to work hard, you'll make it to the top!

I did get a wee bit discouraged, thanks Lindy! :blush:

I'll do my best.

Those calander look very nice. I do have one piece of advice though that may help you get more votes. the pictures used in the Polaroid frames are streched so oddly. You need to adjust the size while keeping origional proportions. If you are using a Mac, hold down shift and then resize with free transform. Not sure which key it is on a PC. It seems like a small correction but it will help your designs look better. My eye goes right to the odd stretching and it's a huge no no in the design world. Other than that they are pretty designs!

The before

The After edit

I do the best I can with the low quality ones. I hope the after one is pretty decent.

Those calander look very nice. I do have one piece of advice though that may help you get more votes. the pictures used in the Polaroid frames are streched so oddly. You need to adjust the size while keeping origional proportions. If you are using a Mac, hold down shift and then resize with free transform. Not sure which key it is on a PC. It seems like a small correction but it will help your designs look better. My eye goes right to the odd stretching and it's a huge no no in the design world. Other than that they are pretty designs!

coz I didn't care for the ones on the polaroid. Just for the main one, png format and I did use an option from photoshop to help in keeping the quality after a few tries. So yeah, plus I already worked an hour an a half on it, and so I just put them on.

I'll resize them gently next time. But this has nothing to do with getting more votes though. It really doesn't. It's about taste. It's all about taste.

Edited by MrsClaus
coz I didn't care for the ones on the polaroid. Just for the main one, png format and I did use an option from photoshop to

help in keeping the quality after a few tries. So yeah, plus I already worked an hour an a half on it, and so I just put them on.

I'll resize them gently next time.

I figured it was just a time thing. But sometimes the things we slack on really hurt the designs. In this case I think just being careful not to strech pictures out of proportion would really help make your designs look sleeker. It really is a simple thing to do in photoshop. Just a matter of pressing one key when resizing. The larger image looks awesome so it just bugs me that those little pictures kind of bring the design as a whole down. It just a matter of little tweaks that I am sure you will perfect for next time!! Keep up the good work!

That's true it is about taste. Your designs are wonderful. But, I looked back on your other calendar entries and the same issue is present there too. Your ideas rock. But, technique just has to be perfected a little. We all have technical issues sometimes. It seems so little, but keeping the proportions right on those photos will make your design look even better. I promise. They will just look sleeker. Just a little though to keep in mind. I guess it just sticks out to me because in my classes it is very stressed. Don't mess with proportions lol.

I figured it was just a time thing. But sometimes the things we slack on really hurt the designs. In this case I think just being careful not to strech pictures out of proportion would really help make your designs look sleeker. It really is a simple thing to do in photoshop. Just a matter of pressing one key when resizing. The larger image looks awesome so it just bugs me that those little pictures kind of bring the design as a whole down. It just a matter of little tweaks that I am sure you will perfect for next time!! Keep up the good work!

That's true it is about taste. Your designs are wonderful. But, I looked back on your other calendar entries and the same issue is present there too. Your ideas rock. But, technique just has to be perfected a little. We all have technical issues sometimes. It seems so little, but keeping the proportions right on those photos will make your design look even better. I promise. They will just look sleeker. Just a little though to keep in mind. I guess it just sticks out to me because in my classes it is very stressed. Don't mess with proportions lol.

This is why I appreciate FEEDBACK. Most of the cal ideas came while at work, and made them at work when I was done with things and I could play a lil. I do try, I drive myself crazy 'it has to be perfect' thing I have goin' on. This last one I wasn't pressed by time but more by being tired. Sometimes i don't want to take it too seriously, they're only emma calendars. I'll think of you next time when prepping the photos for the design, as the design or calendar template is done firstly, and photos come second and by that time I'm already tired. I'll remember this one.

Edited by MrsClaus

Glad to be of some help :D

You can't teach creative, only technique. No one had perfect technique when it comes to these things. You obviously have the creativity. Sometimes it's just a matter of a little tweak here and there so designs really look flawless. My classes are so focused on technique because everyone is very creative. It took me a long time to get the hang of all the technical stuff. I didn't have anyone to really help me. Now that I get it, I like to try and help people out. It's much better if we all work together! Lol. Can't wait to see the next ones! Oh an I definetly agree, don't put too much work into it. I am sure you have millions of other things to do. I totally understand being tired and just wanting it to get done. That's one of the reasons why I don't make any calanders, sigs, wallpapers, ect.

One more thing, don't make yourself crazy. No one is perfect! I know we all want to be. Sometimes our mistakes take is to a more interesting place. (In the art world at least)

Glad to be of some help :D

You can't teach creative, only technique. No one had perfect technique when it comes to these things. You obviously have the creativity. Sometimes it's just a matter of a little tweak here and there so designs really look flawless. My classes are so focused on technique because everyone is very creative. It took me a long time to get the hang of all the technical stuff. I didn't have anyone to really help me. Now that I get it, I like to try and help people out. It's much better if we all work together! Lol. Can't wait to see the next ones! Oh an I definetly agree, don't put too much work into it. I am sure you have millions of other things to do. I totally understand being tired and just wanting it to get done. That's one of the reasons why I don't make any calanders, sigs, wallpapers, ect.

One more thing, don't make yourself crazy. No one is perfect! I know we all want to be. Sometimes our mistakes take is to a more interesting place. (In the art world at least)

I'm a bit like emma when it comes to trying making things perfect. But gotta keep in mind that we're all human.

OH DUDE I never went to a graphic design course, nor one for PHOTO EDITING(I mastered it by myself so it feels pretty goood).

I agree with all you've written, so again, I'll remember that one. Yeah, even Picasso would say that about mistakes.

I already googled a tutorial for resizing images and saw the flaw in my photoshop image size settings, i think next time I'll have some extra boxes checked, like certainly.

I think we all are lol

That's amazing then! Well you can always ask me if you have any questions!

Great! If you are fitting pictures into frames like that I would use free transform because you have more control. Just hold down shift and resize down diagonally. That probably makes no sense lol.

Anyways glad I could be of some help. I am off to the beach! Ttyl

I think we all are lol

That's amazing then! Well you can always ask me if you have any questions!

Great! If you are fitting pictures into frames like that I would use free transform because you have more control. Just hold down shift and resize down diagonally. That probably makes no sense lol.

Anyways glad I could be of some help. I am off to the beach! Ttyl

I did use free transform. Thanks for the tip! OH TAKE ME WITH YA, its cold here :sob:

Edited by MrsClaus